Winnipeg Jets Release Logo

OchentaYOcho88

Anti-slavery was a wartime tactic in the same way "bringing democracy to the Iraqis" is a facade.

Demonstrably false, unless you have any evidence that Iraq made that claim at the beginning of the war.

The United States didn't want to make the Civil War about slavery. But the CSA sure as hell did.

Please elaborate.

Article 1, Section 9, Paragraph 4 of the Confederate Constitution. Right here.

No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passed

/Apologies

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please stop making the Winnipeg Jets logo thread into a historical debate on the rights and wrongs of war.

While McCall is not a mod, he is correct. I'm a mod, so I'm asking that be taken elsewhere.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Its so canadian to use a US designed McDonnell Douglas F-18 on the crest...

Why didnt they put a Avro Arrow instead?

Thanks Reebok for another desaster.

It's not an F-18. It has elements of four different fighter jets, used by the US, Canada and Russia, but illustrates none of them precisely. It's just an artists rendering. The Arrow would have been too bland a shape to make it effective. I'm not in love with this, especially the pointy tail end, but it's by no means a disaster, just not as good as it could have been.

As a Canadian, I'm sick to :censored:ing death of people complaining about the Arrow not being depicted. Maybe it's a :censored:ty silhouette to use for a logo.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

It's not an F-18. It has elements of four different fighter jets, used by the US, Canada and Russia, but illustrates none of them precisely. It's just an artists rendering. The Arrow would have been too bland a shape to make it effective. I'm not in love with this, especially the pointy tail end, but it's by no means a disaster, just not as good as it could have been.

It's a stylized and simplified CF-18.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's a jet. They're the Jets. Deal with it and move on.

I just looked up the Avro Arrow and while it's a cool looking plane, it would've looked dumb in the logo. Basically it would've been a triangle on top of the leaf. The jet they chose is good enough for me.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Insofar as the issue of slavery during the Civil War... well we could debate all day about it. Calling it the "basis of the war" completely negates the vast economical and political differences between the North and South, and the fact that less than 2% of the South owned slaves.

Actually, one-third of Southern families owned slaves. The economic and political differences were mainly shaped by issue of slavery.

I think I speak for all when I say "who gives a :censored: about the nationality of the plane?"

It's stylized. It's not clip-art. It's closer to Madden create-a-team, but it's not clip art. Let's move forward.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Canadians:

"We got Winnipeg back! Yay!

"Wait, the plane in the logo may NOT be 100% canadian!"

"BOOOOOOO! Send this junk team back to those american a**holes!"

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived