College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kentucky, Oklahoma state, and Arizona state looked the best. I'm glad to see that the canes have stuck with their two uni combo gameplan

I agree about the first part of your statement, but I hate that Miami has stuck with all-white on the road. It is just too boring!

spacer.png

Here are some photos to show off Michigan's uniform "malfunctions"

Michigandifferences.jpg?t=

Michigandifferences2.jpg

Just gonna throw this out there as a possible reason why defensive players were wearing the older jerseys...The way the tech fit jerseys fit the shoulder pads so incredibly tight, especially the way they cut so far into the armpit area, would make easier for offensive lineman to "legally" hold. Just a thought.

FSU2.gif

Yeah Rutgers looks really good in all-black. Texas Tech is the RED Raiders, red should be the primary color there.

By that logic then, Rutgers should be in mostly scarlet since they are the Scarlet Knights.

And I believe they should, and they do. I don't mind Rutgers breaking out these unis or TTU bringing the black unis 3 or 4 times a season, as long as it isn't all the time.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Yeah Rutgers looks really good in all-black. Texas Tech is the RED Raiders, red should be the primary color there.

By that logic then, Rutgers should be in mostly scarlet since they are the Scarlet Knights.

And I believe they should, and they do. I don't mind Rutgers breaking out these unis or TTU bringing the black unis 3 or 4 times a season, as long as it isn't all the time.

If Texas Tech has 7 home games in a season, 3 or 4 times would be roughly half the games.

If Texas Tech has 7 home games in a season, 3 or 4 times would be roughly half the games.

My bad, I should have specified differently. I don't mind teams like Texas Tech or Rutgers using the black unis as alternates a couple times a year, particularly against rivals (Ex. Texas Tech at home vs. Texas, Rutgers/Syracuse). But teams with a color in their nickname should use that color as a primary. FIU GOLDEN Panthers too, no BFBS anymore. IMO they should wear gold as a primary (would be unique) and use navy as an alt (maybe all navy vs stormtrooper Florida Atlantic?).

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Even though we had the hideous NC State and Rutgers uniforms Saturday, I have to say, the the worst were Nebraska and UCLA.

Martinez-No-15-Nebraska-rally-vs-Ohio-State-FUF6FKI-x-large.jpg

Those stripes are hideous in the tech fit.

65296844.jpg

Once again, the stripes on the shoulders are distorted by the template. Not only that, but there are three different shades of gold, three different shades of blue (The numbers on the back of the helmet are slightly lighter colored than the blue on the helmet). Not only that, but the pants are not even gold, they're yellow, and matte, which just looks weird with the rest of the uniform. In all honesty, UCLA has the worst home uniforms in the NCAA right now. Just a mess.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

65296844.jpg

Once again, the stripes on the shoulders are distorted by the template. Not only that, but there are three different shades of gold, three different shades of blue (The numbers on the back of the helmet are slightly lighter colored than the blue on the helmet). Not only that, but the pants are not even gold, they're yellow, and matte, which just looks weird with the rest of the uniform. In all honesty, UCLA has the worst home uniforms in the NCAA right now. Just a mess.

Sadly, I have to agree with you. I say sadly, because at one time, UCLA had what I considered to be the best uniform in sports... IMO all sports at all levels.

Back when they had the more unique number font (with the drop shadow and no white outline), back when they had the pants with the fabric shine, back when MOST IMPORTANTLY the shoulder loops were actual shoulder loops, just watching UCLA play on a sunny afternoon was a joy.

You know how bad these shoulder stripes are on the techfit jersey? They actually make me miss the way those stipes looked on the crappy templates they use to wear for a decade or so. And those stripes were terrible, too.

UCLA depresses me now.

Northwestern broke out black jerseys and black pants for Saturday's game. I believe this is the first time we've ever worn black on black. Black is not a school color so this would qualify as BFBS. I'm not a fan of BFBS, but this was a pretty sharp look.

6232233792_bcc8f4121d.jpg

6232233822_47a900da68.jpg

Cool pic from Sam Houston State's big win over rival SFA yesterday at Reliant Stadium in Houston. They went color on color.

298264_1974629016505_1566456135_31489880_988243704_n.jpg

I like this. If the colors are different enough to not create confusion, which these are, I like both teams wearing their colors in a rivalry game. Looks good. Great picture, too.

IUe6Hvh.png

Northwestern broke out black jerseys and black pants for Saturday's game. I believe this is the first time we've ever worn black on black. Black is not a school color so this would qualify as BFBS. I'm not a fan of BFBS, but this was a pretty sharp look.

6232233792_bcc8f4121d.jpg

6232233822_47a900da68.jpg

Honestly, considering how often Northwestern has worn black in the past decade, I'm shocked that this was the first time that they wore black pants with the black jersey.

Archived