College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

The striping on the back of the Cal uniform is great! It has a bear claw at the end. While Oregon on the other hand, I think the black makes the jersey look decent, but the jersey itself is horrible!

spacer.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely a missed opportunity for Oregon with a national audience watching. That being said though, that hideous uniform does look slightly better on the field versus the Nike photo ad.

They are on national TV almost every week...

I guarantee their viewership is up for this game, though. Think about it, even on national TV most Saturdays, other fans are still tuned into their team, the school they graduated from, the big time top 10 match up, etc. Tonight is just Oregon and Cal. No competition from other games.

Call me crazy, but I really like these uniforms, I just think some different helmets/pants would make them look a lot better.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Once again, Nikegon shows that Nike's under-layer-sleeve-whatever is flawed. Most of the team aren't even wearing it. Hence the idea brought up by some members here of making the sleeve of the jersey itself out of a stretchy, form-fitting material. That way, they're forced to wear it while it eliminates the perceived inconvience of loose sleeves.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

No yellow helmet and pants for Oregon? Black instead? That's really dissapointing. It doesn't necessarily look bad (I will concede that the kelly green goes well with the black), but d*mnit! Yellow helmet and pants would have made this near-perfect. Ugh.

I'm starting to wonder if Oregon is ever going to trot out that yellow-green-yellow ever again. It's a shame if they don't, I think that'd be thier best look. It looked fantastic in the 90's.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I really dig the Oregon look tonight, and I think the kelly green looks great paired with the flat black helmet and pants. Very cool to see Puddles on the jersey once again, too, though once again I wish every player would wear the numbered undershirts. But then again, I've liked pretty much everything Oregon's done since the introduction of shoulder wings, outside of carbon-and-volt combos.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Call me crazy, but I really like these uniforms.

Crazy!!! :P

The only nice thing is the jersey, but it should've been used with the same color green or a yellow helmet and definitely yellow pants.

And I feel the exact opposite. I originally thought the jersey was kinda goofy and weird, and though I still feel that way, I think the black helmets and pants saved it. They looked really good tonight. It was a fun look for a one-time thing. And yes, the kelly green looked good. But no, it doesn't look better than the dark green. Oregon's colors are fine as is. Kelly green is for the throwbacks and the old school memories.

Cal looked alright too.

Capture14.jpg

conway.jpg

Maybe it's the number font, but upon seeing the Oregon jersey, that was my first thought.

So they're wearing kelly green jerseys with gold trim and a cartoon duck on them, and the thing that reminds you of The Mighty Ducks is the number font that looks nothing like the block font used on the movie's jerseys? :blink:

I'm assuming the "collar flywire" is the new thing for Pro Combat cut unis. It doesn't really look right for the brighter colored uniforms (last night's Oregon jerseys).

It is for the new Speed Machine jerseys worn by oregon, TCU, Purdue, Kentucky, etc...

Capture14.jpg

conway.jpg

Maybe it's the number font, but upon seeing the Oregon jersey, that was my first thought.

So they're wearing kelly green jerseys with gold trim and a cartoon duck on them, and the thing that reminds you of The Mighty Ducks is the number font that looks nothing like the block font used on the movie's jerseys? :blink:

yea WTF bro? the the biggest difference between the jerseys is the number font lol

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Cal me crazy, but I was at the stadium last night, and I loved them. It was one of those uniforms where it looked bad individually, but as a team, looked amazing. I really wouldn't mind Oregon adopting Kelly Green full time.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Cal me crazy, but I was at the stadium last night, and I loved them. It was one of those uniforms where it looked bad individually, but as a team, looked amazing. I really wouldn't mind Oregon adopting Kelly Green full time.

I didn't like the Kelly Green myself, sure it looks great on the Eagles, but the Ducks saved that uniform disaster last night by wearing black. If they wore, yellow-green-yellow, it would have looked horrible. But to each their own.

spacer.png

Archived