2011-12 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

DCDuck

Sophmore Forward Kyle Cain has left the Arizona State Sun Devils. 11 Scholarship Players have left in the last 4 years. Losing seasons and players leaving should equal Sendek being fired. Losing Cain is a blow and I bet wherever he goes he will succeed if he can calm his attitude, he has shown that he has potential to be a good player. I want ASU to succeed, but with Sendek I am having my doubts. Harden was the only reason why they won in his heyday, but now with him gone, Sendek doesn't have anything to hold to get the Devils to win. Lisa Love should at least look into why Eleven players have left. First Erickson, now Sendek, the choice should have been made, but the upset over Arizona may have saved Sendek for another year of being a Head Coach for an under achieving team.

You're not gonna like this: Lockett to Transfer. Too bad for him and his personal situation. Now that makes 3 Devils transferring (Lockett, Cain, and Cheekmur I believe). As for trying to fire Sendek, this came out last month, but the AD and president seem commited to Herb long term: Sendek part of ASU's long term plans.

Why even bother having a basketball team... Hell, at this point, convince Brock Osweiler to drop out of the NFL Draft and join the basketball team like he was going to two years ago.

I know Lockett is a personal situation and is different from the other drops, but Gary's right. You don't lose 11 players (12 with Lockett) for no reason or just because you are a bad team. There is something fundamentally wrong with Sendek and the program. Unfortunately, that win over UA this year just might have bought him more time, but it shouldn't make a difference. Sendek is holding on to the legacy he got with James Harden. If Harden was never a Sun Devil, Sendek probably still wouldn't be either. I can see Love making excuses and reasoning that Sendek is being dealt a tough hand with players leaving so what should we expect. We should expect you to look into why these players are leaving, and I'm pretty sure the answer is staring them in the face. ASU has been awful, and I don't see any reason that's going to change.

The answer would be to FIRE LOVE. She brought on a coach who was coaching a coaching legend who was over the hill that never brought on great success, a baseball team that is banned from post season play, and hanging onto another over rated coach that like Still Mighty said is hanging onto a legacy that Harden brought. 12 guys that left because he doesn't know how to run a program. Love stays, the Athletic program will only be deteriorated even more. She never brought anything to the Sun Devils and no success has ever come from her.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sophmore Forward Kyle Cain has left the Arizona State Sun Devils. 11 Scholarship Players have left in the last 4 years. Losing seasons and players leaving should equal Sendek being fired. Losing Cain is a blow and I bet wherever he goes he will succeed if he can calm his attitude, he has shown that he has potential to be a good player. I want ASU to succeed, but with Sendek I am having my doubts. Harden was the only reason why they won in his heyday, but now with him gone, Sendek doesn't have anything to hold to get the Devils to win. Lisa Love should at least look into why Eleven players have left. First Erickson, now Sendek, the choice should have been made, but the upset over Arizona may have saved Sendek for another year of being a Head Coach for an under achieving team.

You're not gonna like this: Lockett to Transfer. Too bad for him and his personal situation. Now that makes 3 Devils transferring (Lockett, Cain, and Cheekmur I believe). As for trying to fire Sendek, this came out last month, but the AD and president seem commited to Herb long term: Sendek part of ASU's long term plans.

Why even bother having a basketball team... Hell, at this point, convince Brock Osweiler to drop out of the NFL Draft and join the basketball team like he was going to two years ago.

I know Lockett is a personal situation and is different from the other drops, but Gary's right. You don't lose 11 players (12 with Lockett) for no reason or just because you are a bad team. There is something fundamentally wrong with Sendek and the program. Unfortunately, that win over UA this year just might have bought him more time, but it shouldn't make a difference. Sendek is holding on to the legacy he got with James Harden. If Harden was never a Sun Devil, Sendek probably still wouldn't be either. I can see Love making excuses and reasoning that Sendek is being dealt a tough hand with players leaving so what should we expect. We should expect you to look into why these players are leaving, and I'm pretty sure the answer is staring them in the face. ASU has been awful, and I don't see any reason that's going to change.

The answer would be to FIRE LOVE. She brought on a coach who was coaching a coaching legend who was over the hill that never brought on great success, a baseball team that is banned from post season play, and hanging onto another over rated coach that like Still Mighty said is hanging onto a legacy that Harden brought. 12 guys that left because he doesn't know how to run a program. Love stays, the Athletic program will only be deteriorated even more. She never brought anything to the Sun Devils and no success has ever come from her.

100% with ya. The whole athletic department is down. The only things worth a damn are wrestling, track, men's golf, and softball (along with baseball when they're not suspended and a CLUB hockey team). Not exactly raking in the money or national exposure. The only things ASU athletics are known for at this point is an one-legged wrestler alum and a football-coach-hiring fiasco. The whole thing is in need of an overhaul. We already went with the new branding, now let's lop off the head of the snake and fix the actual substance of whole thing. You look at everything ASU has going for it (weather/location/facilities/conference/relatively low admission and academic requirements), there's no reason for ASU to be as bad as they are in some of these sports.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I've got a few questions about the slate of Sweet 16 games.

1. Can Wisconsin's D stop Syracuse Offense led by Mr. Jarding?

2. Can Louisville's press be enough to stop Draymond Green?

3. Will NCST continue their cinderella run against Kansas?

4. How much of an effect will Marshall's injury will have for UNC?

5. Who will win: Florida 3pt-ers or Marquette's forwards?

6. Jared Sullenger vs Yuciney Gates?

7. Can IU pull another upset against UK?

8. Which #1 or #2 Seed is most likely on upset alert?

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

100% with ya. The whole athletic department is down. The only things worth a damn are wrestling, track, men's golf, and softball (along with baseball when they're not suspended and a CLUB hockey team). Not exactly raking in the money or national exposure. The only things ASU athletics are known for at this point is an one-legged wrestler alum and a football-coach-hiring fiasco. The whole thing is in need of an overhaul. We already went with the new branding, now let's lop off the head of the snake and fix the actual substance of whole thing. You look at everything ASU has going for it (weather/location/facilities/conference/relatively low admission and academic requirements), there's no reason for ASU to be as bad as they are in some of these sports.

This I agree with, a new branding should mean a new era in the Athletic Program. Tempe should be a great place to recruit, but when you have false promises and a screwed up Athletic Program, of course you're going to look the other way. Hell you're even close to Downtown Phoenix, which is a great place to go to at night. I think we need a complete overhaul all the way from Crow to Love and it'll be a much better University. My problem is, why are they trying to make it into a University that is trying to win something, when it should be a University that is great for Teaching, Nursing and Media, and a better Party School as well.

Holy crap, the Sweet 16 resumes tonight!? With all the NFL happenings this week, I forgot all about the frickin' tournament!

Goin with Baylor, Michigan State, Ohio State & North Carolina to survive the weekend.

6uXNWAo.png

CBS is enjoying using weird camera angles this tournament. I'm not enjoying watching them.

EDIT: Also, Syracuse tends to lose in the tournament when teams shoot three pointers well. Voila.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Whew! I'm happy with the win, but almost wanted to see overtime. What a sprint of a game!

EDIT:

More exclamation points!!!

daniel-bryan-yes_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Hole. Eee. Crap. What a game that was! I think a couple years have been taken off of my life watching that half but Elite 8 here we come! What a battle and both teams really brought their A-game tonight. Probably the best the tournament's had to offer so far

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Archived