2011-12 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

DCDuck

The only time this season the Gators wore that hot mess of an orange jersey, Kentucky thoroughly destroyed them.

Who's the genius that thinks they belong in the Regional Semis of the NCAA Tournament?

Also, and it's probably been covered elsewhere, but Cincinnati in pink and Louisville in orange is dumb.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Late games are the utter of suck.

Ohio State blowing out Cincy, and Florida blowing out Marquette. I hope Syracuse and Louisville kick both your asses.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The only time this season the Gators wore that hot mess of an orange jersey, Kentucky thoroughly destroyed them.

Who's the genius that thinks they belong in the Regional Semis of the NCAA Tournament?

Also, and it's probably been covered elsewhere, but Cincinnati in pink and Louisville in orange is dumb.

Seriously, I thought that I was looking at Syracuse on first glance when I saw the ESPN page on my iPhone.(I know the Orange wore white tonight.)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Holy crap, the Sweet 16 resumes tonight!? With all the NFL happenings this week, I forgot all about the frickin' tournament!

This is kind of the forgotten weekend of the tournament.

Aside from the Thursday/Friday of the opening weekend and the Saturday of Final Four weekend, I don't think the ratings for the NCAA Tournament are that great.

Holy crap, the Sweet 16 resumes tonight!? With all the NFL happenings this week, I forgot all about the frickin' tournament!

This is kind of the forgotten weekend of the tournament.

Aside from the Thursday/Friday of the opening weekend and the Saturday of Final Four weekend, I don't think the ratings for the NCAA Tournament are that great.

Disagree. These are the best four days of the NCAA tournament IMO. Mismatches are less, all games are in primetime and as a fan, this is the best weekend to go even over the Final Four. I've been to three Final Fours, and liked my five Sweet 16 weekends much better. The first weekend and upsets are about five days to prepare and randomness of a lower seed (15,14,13) beating a higher one (2,3,4).

Ohio State beats Cincinnati. I really don't care what happens next. I just didn't want those Cincy fans to enjoy the satisfaction of beating us. Playing Syracuse should be interesting. I didn't see the Orange going this far after they lost Melo. On paper it would seem that Ohio State has the big advantage going into this game but I gotta think Syracuse is in "we got nothing to lose, no one thought we'd get this far" mode. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing my alma mater take on the team that I covered for five years. Now if I could just wrangle a couple of those court side media seats I used to get at the Carrier Dome...

BB52Big.jpg

Hopefully Florida atones for last year, and wins their Regional Final.

The 11 point lead that was blown in the loss to Butler (especially with, as seen in hindsight, the chance at the Title right in front of them) still stings.

Uh, are you forgetting that Louisville's D played a historic performance against MSU. I think Louisville will blow them out rather easily.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

The 11 point lead that was blown in the loss to Butler (especially with, as seen in hindsight, the chance at the Title right in front of them) still stings.

Uh, are you forgetting that Louisville's D played a historic performance against MSU. I think Louisville will blow them out rather easily.

How is their performance "historic" since it has been a generation since Louisville has won a national title? Were you ('Raysfan12') even alive for Pervis?

Ah, I forgot that you are a homer and cannot think about anything else.

Since you ar so up on Louisville, how is all of the Sypher family doing?

Florida has put up some of the most dominant final scores that we've seen all tournament.

71-45 vs. UVA

84-50 vs. NORF

68-58 vs. MARQ

The only teams that have put up the same kind of victories are UK, OSU, and UNC

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Realistically the Cinderella run for the Bobcats ends tonight against North Carolina, but it's been fun.

My fraternity brother stationed in Afghanistan turned his base into a mini-Court Street.

561982_10100695491536304_2026817222_n1.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

I hope Ohio can do it. I don't know how many Bobcat fans made the trip to Atlanta, but that'd be super if they can pull it off tonight.

Ohio plays in the Midwest regional in St. Louis. The South regional is in Atlanta.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I hope Ohio can do it. I don't know how many Bobcat fans made the trip to Atlanta, but that'd be super if they can pull it off tonight.

Ohio plays in the Midwest regional in St. Louis. The South regional is in Atlanta.

My bad. Thought North Carolina was in Atlanta. Guess that wouldn't be as Kentucky is the overall Number 1.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

How is their performance "historic" since it has been a generation since Louisville has won a national title? Were you ('Raysfan12') even alive for Pervis?

Ah, I forgot that you are a homer and cannot think about anything else.

Since you ar so up on Louisville, how is all of the Sypher family doing?

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

My bad. Thought North Carolina was in Atlanta. Guess that wouldn't be as Kentucky is the overall Number 1.

I think we'll have a decent showing. I know ten different people who are in St. Louis right now and that's just me. I wish I was one of them.

PvO6ZWJ.png

OZone (our student section) sold out in a day, so I take it we're decently represented by the student body.

Expecting the worst, hoping for the best. Go Bobcats!

Manchester-City-icon.png

OZone (our student section) sold out in a day, so I take it we're decently represented by the student body.

Expecting the worst, hoping for the best. Go Bobcats!

I just don't want to get blown out. I'll happily take a respectable loss because as far as Im concerned this year's Bobcats have already won their national championship.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived