2011-12 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

DCDuck

I'm back from a temporary absence to remove myself from the homerism that I created. Anyway, this Final Four is probably has the best matchups in a long time. The first is UK/UL, a rematch of Dec. 31st contest in Rupp Arena. I like this matchup because this is a rivalry game between two excellent programs and coaches in Pitino and Calipari. Also, these two programs have history in the NCAA Tourament, which the Duke/UNC rivalry doesn't and there would be a lot of trash talk between them. The other matchup, Kansas-Ohio St., is very intresting and is also a rematch. It will be great to see Jared Sullenger battle Thomas Robinson.

If you want to see the intensity between UK and UofL fans, read this article at Espn.com: My link

The article is about a 71 year old Louisville fan punching a 68 year old UK fan while in dialysis. The video says it all.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sophmore Forward Kyle Cain has left the Arizona State Sun Devils. 11 Scholarship Players have left in the last 4 years. Losing seasons and players leaving should equal Sendek being fired. Losing Cain is a blow and I bet wherever he goes he will succeed if he can calm his attitude, he has shown that he has potential to be a good player. I want ASU to succeed, but with Sendek I am having my doubts. Harden was the only reason why they won in his heyday, but now with him gone, Sendek doesn't have anything to hold to get the Devils to win. Lisa Love should at least look into why Eleven players have left. First Erickson, now Sendek, the choice should have been made, but the upset over Arizona may have saved Sendek for another year of being a Head Coach for an under achieving team.

You're not gonna like this: Lockett to Transfer. Too bad for him and his personal situation. Now that makes 3 Devils transferring (Lockett, Cain, and Cheekmur I believe). As for trying to fire Sendek, this came out last month, but the AD and president seem commited to Herb long term: Sendek part of ASU's long term plans.

Why even bother having a basketball team... Hell, at this point, convince Brock Osweiler to drop out of the NFL Draft and join the basketball team like he was going to two years ago.

I know Lockett is a personal situation and is different from the other drops, but Gary's right. You don't lose 11 players (12 with Lockett) for no reason or just because you are a bad team. There is something fundamentally wrong with Sendek and the program. Unfortunately, that win over UA this year just might have bought him more time, but it shouldn't make a difference. Sendek is holding on to the legacy he got with James Harden. If Harden was never a Sun Devil, Sendek probably still wouldn't be either. I can see Love making excuses and reasoning that Sendek is being dealt a tough hand with players leaving so what should we expect. We should expect you to look into why these players are leaving, and I'm pretty sure the answer is staring them in the face. ASU has been awful, and I don't see any reason that's going to change.

The answer would be to FIRE LOVE. She brought on a coach who was coaching a coaching legend who was over the hill that never brought on great success, a baseball team that is banned from post season play, and hanging onto another over rated coach that like Still Mighty said is hanging onto a legacy that Harden brought. 12 guys that left because he doesn't know how to run a program. Love stays, the Athletic program will only be deteriorated even more. She never brought anything to the Sun Devils and no success has ever come from her.

You get your wish:http://www.azcentral...ugHaller/158372

HOPEFULLY the next guy they bring in will fire Sendek just in time for recruiting.

I'm a Louisville fan and even I'm annoyed by you, Raysfan12.

I preemptively apologize for his bragging if the Cards win or his bitching/moaning if they lose.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

A preemptive apology? That's a first...

BTW, congrats to Mercer (winners of the CollegeInsider.com Tournament), Stanford (winners of the National Invitational Tournament) and Pittsburgh (Soon-to-be winners of the College Basketball Invitational, and yes... I am calling this game a Pittsburgh win because I don't want the undeserving assclowns from Waz-Spew to win).

These school can say that they won something.

Also, these two programs have history in the NCAA Tourament, which the Duke/UNC rivalry doesn't

Probably due to the fact that Duke and North Carolina are in the same conference, and the selection committee tries to prevent intra-conference matchups as much as possible.....

While I'm indifferent as to who wins, seeing as how I hate Kentucky and Raysfan has made it impossible to cheer for the Louisville, I think Kentucky is going to roll 'em. And starting out 8-2 in a real hurry doesn't do a whole lot to persuade me otherwise.

IUe6Hvh.png

While I'm indifferent as to who wins, seeing as how I hate Kentucky and Raysfan has made it impossible to cheer for the Louisville, I think Kentucky is going to roll 'em. And starting out 8-2 in a real hurry doesn't do a whole lot to persuade me otherwise.

Exactly. Should the Buckeyes win tonight, as an Ohio State alum/fan, I'd much rather face Louisville. That said, thanks to Mr. Fan12, I find it nearly impossible to root for the Cardinals. So here I am hoping the team I don't want my team to play ends up winning.

Not that it really matters because I don't see us getting past the Jayhawks.

BB52Big.jpg

I'm only pulling for Kentucky just because I predicted them to win. One of the 65% of the people on ESPN who had Kentucky winning it all, but hey, I'll take it. Now, I'm pulling for Ohio St. against Kansas, as I predicted them to face Kentucky in the title game. Plus, I want to beat my friend and if Kansas wins tonights game, he beats me, if Ohio St. wins tonights game, I win.

That Kentucky/Louisville was good, plus I'm impressed with how Louisville kept fighting back. Kentucky just proved to be too much.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Craft with a lane violation was the dagger for the Buckeyes. UK vs KU on Monday!

That had to be one of the most genius plays I've ever seen...had he not stepped over the line too early.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Hey, I at least picked one half of the national title game! And, just like I now think it will happen, I also picked that half to lose in the title game.

UK over KU

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

So my bracket was busted, and then I got both the National Championship teams. Now I'm in the 91st percentile and could finish 2nd in the CCSLC group.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived