Time Heals All Wounds

piratesfan16

Nope, they look an awful lot like the Maple Leafs. Unacceptable.

Fact.

They are awful. A failed attempt at a copycat uni for a team that isn't an old team. Thanks Stevie Y for ruining the Bolts look by attempting to make them something they aren't.

Btw, my 6 year old niece is mystified a pro team has the same logo she has been drawing for 2 years now.

As for the title of this thread? I'm stubborn. I either like it or I don't, doesn't usually change. I HATE the new Devil Rays and HATE the new Bolts. Two of the worst changes in their respective leagues. Stay classy Tampa.

2ly2w09.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

uk-football.jpg

I didn't like the striping, but it turns out to be my favorite set ever from UK.

They aren't terrible but personally I just could never get over how much they look like they're wearing practice pennies.

I liked them because I thought the Jersey looked liked a basketball jersey.

spacer.png

Thanks Stevie Y for ruining the Bolts look by attempting to make them something they aren't.

A respectible hockey club?

The Bolts' new look is among the single greatest upgrades of the past several years. Can't wait for time to heal that particular wound.

The only thing wrong with the look is the usage of black. Black trim on everything or nothing at all. If they go with nothing and make the numbers trims and pant bolt trims blue, it will look better than what they have now.

I used to be bugged out by the late 1990s/early 2000s Dodgers and Angels unis, but this picture makes me cherish them. lol

[ snip ]

That appears to be the Dodgers' 1999 alternate, which was sort of a reversal of their home uniforms (in that it was predominately blue with white/silver numerals.) It was supposedly based on another short-lived Brooklyn alternate. Regardless, it really wasn't that popular and was only around for the 1999 season.

That appears to be the Dodgers' 1999 alternate, which was sort of a reversal of their home uniforms (in that it was predominately blue with white/silver numerals.) It was supposedly based on another short-lived Brooklyn alternate.

Did they really make that claim?

Sounds fishy to me.

What are some logos/uniforms that you disliked at first, but have since become likeable. It can be any sport in any league. It doesn't matter how long the logo/uniform has existed and it can be from any time or era.

1-davis__1229041903_3072.jpg

It's not as good as the red lettering/piping, but it's not that bad. It's a clean look with a nice patch. I originally hated the new "hanging sox" logo. I thought they should have stuck with the "reverse the curse" logo for good luck. However, I think the Sox are moving in the right direction. How about you guys?

I love the sox, hate these road UNIS. I hated them when they wore similiar look in 80's, hated them when they rolled this version out a few years ago, and hate them today. They are way to dark and drab. The blue looks black. The ones they wore in winning world series were way better, much brighter and were perfect complement to great home UNIS. Given the embarresment of this year I pray change will be coming soon. They don't have to go back to world series Roadies, but these boring pieces of crap have got to go.

Chelsea_5F00_Hm_5F00_1112_5F00_top.jpg

Utah-Jazz-forward-Gordon-Hayward-working-hard-on-his-game-during-the-lockout-NBA-Update-3vl54jd00u4lrtsqhmymhouh-.jpg

Chelsea's 2011-12 jerseys are now among my favorites from the EPL as long as I've followed and the Jazz jerseys are not perfect, but they were such an improvement over the last set.

Tag_by_Grungefan.png

|NFL - Colts|MLB - Cubs|NHL - Blackhawks|NBA - Pacers|NCAA - Butler|EPL - Chelsea FC|MLS - Timbers|

What are some logos/uniforms that you disliked at first, but have since become likeable. It can be any sport in any league. It doesn't matter how long the logo/uniform has existed and it can be from any time or era.

1-davis__1229041903_3072.jpg

It's not as good as the red lettering/piping, but it's not that bad. It's a clean look with a nice patch. I originally hated the new "hanging sox" logo. I thought they should have stuck with the "reverse the curse" logo for good luck. However, I think the Sox are moving in the right direction. How about you guys?

I love the sox, hate these road UNIS. I hated them when they wore similiar look in 80's, hated them when they rolled this version out a few years ago, and hate them today. They are way to dark and drab. The blue looks black. The ones they wore in winning world series were way better, much brighter and were perfect complement to great home UNIS. Given the embarresment of this year I pray change will be coming soon. They don't have to go back to world series Roadies, but these boring pieces of crap have got to go.

If it were possible to disagree with someone 1,000,000,000 % then I would do so, but as it stands I am forced to disagree with you only 100%.

I didn't really like the Blue Jackets' third jersey when it first came out. I thought it was rather dull and generic looking. But now that they've been out a while and I've had time to get used to them, they've really grown on me and I think they look pretty sharp. Even the number font, which I hated at first, has grown on me and I think it works here. I even like the vintage white, even though it's VWFVWS.

SplashPage3rdReleased_01.jpg

Archived