2011 MLB Postseason

TBGKon

Best of 3 Wild Card Play-In

Best of 5 LDS

Best of 7 LCS

Best of 9 World Series

I can dream, can't I?

If that happened, we might see December baseball.

Or you could just start the playoffs a week or two earlier...

Will we be looking at a 148-game schedule, then?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best of 5 LDS

Best of 7 LCS

Best of 9 World Series

I can dream, can't I?

They did that this year. That could be up to a month earlier than before. So the post-season, reg. season, and spring training would all start about 20-25 days earlier, which might also affect the off-season. We may even see February baseball (hyperbole).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Best of 5 LDS

Best of 7 LCS

Best of 9 World Series

I can dream, can't I?

They did that this year. That could be up to a month earlier than before. So the post-season, reg. season, and spring training would all start about 20-25 days earlier, which might also affect the off-season. We may even see February baseball (hyperbole).

With what Quillz said, you're really only adding 5 games, max... considering series are played in parallel. I think we could easily accommodate that without coming anywhere close to December or February baseball (not hyperbole).

And then of course, there's always the option of shortening the regular season.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

The top story for the trib sports website - Cubs fan is 99% he met Theo Epstein in Wrigleyville yesterday.

Top shelf journalism.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The top story for the trib sports website - Cubs fan is 99% he met Theo Epstein in Wrigleyville yesterday.

Top shelf journalism.

The thing about Epstein and Cashman I don't understand. They get all this praise for being good GM's but really? if your team has a unlimited budget how much skill does it really take? If you were the Cubs wouldn't you rather go after a GM from say...the Rays or Rangers, where scouting and building a farm system is actually what you do instead of throwing money at every player. I'm not in any way insulting the Yankees or Redsox, an organization has to build the best way they can. But I don't see Epstein and Cashman and the reason for winning, it's the owners.

I think Cashman didn't start out as being a good GM but has become one.

Theo I think started out as being a good GM but over the last couple of years I think has really started to buy into his own BS. You look at alot of the big Red Sox moves the last couple of years most haven't been good. Bringing back Mike Lowell, signing Dice K, overpaying for guys like J.D. Drew, John Lackey, Julio Lugo, Coco Crisp, Bill Hall. Nobody up in New England is calling him boy wonder anymore if you notice, and its not like the Sox farm system is producing a whole lot either. The guys they have produced have been around for awhile as well. Pedroia, Ellsbury, Lester aren't exactly prosopects anymore. I think he's become a very average GM for a big market team.

I could see him being a very big disapointment in Chicago if indeed the Cubs bring him in because I don't even think he's that good. I'd argue he might even be the most overated GM in baseball right now.

Little late to the party, aren't you? ;)

While I'm a NL fan, I still hate that they're getting HFA based on the result of a completely arbitrary game. I mean, the NLCS is Cards vs. Brewers. How many of them even actively played in the ASG? Maybe 4-5 at the most? Meanwhile, I'm sure the Phillies, Mets, Dodgers, etc. probably dominated the NL roster, by the very virtue of them being in large markets that have larger fan bases.

You'd think so, but no. The Brewers had more All-Star starters than any other NL club this year. Ryan Braun topped the voting. Plus Fielder's home run won the game.

If the Brewers go to the Series, they will have earned that home field advantage.

Best of 5 LDS

Best of 7 LCS

Best of 9 World Series

I can dream, can't I?

With what Quillz said, you're really only adding 5 games, max... considering series are played in parallel. I think we could easily accommodate that without coming anywhere close to December or February baseball (not hyperbole).

They would never shorten the regular season. No way the owners would allow that because of loss of revenue. Though you're right in the sense that it wouldn't be a huge inconvenience; I just think that it would be simpler without it.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Best of 5 LDS

Best of 7 LCS

Best of 9 World Series

I can dream, can't I?

They would never shorten the regular season. No way the owners would allow that because of loss of revenue. Though you're right in the sense that it wouldn't be a huge inconvenience; I just think that it would be simpler without it.

Then just keep the regular season the way it is, and make the season 5 parallel games (at most) longer.

I'm not really defending Quillz' idea, I'm just saying that it really won't affect things that badly, to the point where they're playing baseball in December or anything crazy like that.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Baseball doesn't need to even go into November. That's what's great about baseball and football, their playoffs are synonymous with a certain month, October and January. The Super Bowl's only in February now due to the extra week off. The playoffs are fine the way they are, though I'd agree with top seed playing lower see regardless of division. Or Mike Golic had an interesting idea, let the top seed CHOOSE who to play. The wild card team could be the hottest team coming in, like the Cardinals this year. Don't know. Not a terrible idea. But move Rockies or D-Backs (my choice would be the Rockies) to AL west, Astros to NL West. In the playoffs, top seed plays lowest seed no matter who. Leave the series's 5-7-7. Ditch homefield advantage decided by ASG and go with better record. There. Yer done.

With two swings of the bat, the Brewers go from 5-1 down to 6-5 ahead, and chase the Cards' starter off the mound. Not surprisingly, Braun and Fielder did the honors.

Now pitching for St. Louis: Octavio "Doh'Ask" Dotel... who promptly commits a two-base error after his first pitch.

Update: And Betancourt tags Dotel for two more. The house of the Cards is falling apart in a hurry - and the Brewers have yet to make an out this inning. Oh wait, they just did now.

CCSLC signature.png

Archived