2011 MLB Postseason

TBGKon

The NL West had been the joke of MLB and still is

Fixed that for you.

Yet this (for the next few days, at least) still belongs to an NL West team.

tim-lincecum-san-francisco-giants-8x10-photograph-2010-world-series-trophy_40b896f2886bcca076de5ece232fcae1-239x300.jpg

Come on now, this is pro baseball. No entire division is a joke. Individual teams? Yeah, sometimes. The WHOLE division? No.

When was the last time both East divisions didn't have a team in the LCS? 2005, right?

I'm just glad that goofy weed-head won't touch the trophy this year.

newsig.jpg

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on now, this is pro baseball. No entire division is a joke. Individual teams? Yeah, sometimes. The WHOLE division? No.

When was the last time both East divisions didn't have a team in the LCS? 2005, right?

The emphasis is on baseball... football on the other hand...

I saw, I came, I left.

These LCS match-ups are really unique because in my mind there is no clear favorite. Then when you look at every possible World Series, those are pretty even too. We could see a couple (or all of these) next three series go the distance.

Craig Sager just reported that Ryan Howard injured his achilles tendon on that run to first. That can't be good at all.

On a different note, I'm very, very excited for these LCS's. I think each of these four teams are pretty level and equal, and should make for some great matchups!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I saw an idiot on another message board (Phillies fan) say that now the World Series is guaranteed to have the lowest ratings ever. This is why I can't stand most Boston,New York, and Philadelphia fans. They think that if their team isn't in it, nobody watches. We don't have a ton of 'bad' fans of these teams on this message board. But they are all over the place elsewhere and comments like that just make them look worse. Let it go, your team lost.

What do you think the over/under is that the Cardinals have a rally squirrel image up on the big screen by the time game 3 comes to town?

And once again, a Philadelphia team chokes in the post-season. Once again the myriad excuses will be spewed by the phony fans. I love that the local yokel sports talk radio hosts were wrong again. I delight when they are wrong. 2 World Series championships since 1883, both against 10 year old expansion teams, the Royals in 1980, the Rays in 2008, the Rays...a team that had 1,000 losses in 10 seasons and were the worst team in baseball.

The Eagles, zero Lombardi trophies. Last Sunday, when they choked away a 23-3 lead at home to the 49ers, the "loyal" and "passionate" Eagle fans were heard chanting "Let's go Phillies." Tonight, as the "loyal" and "passionate" Phillies fans were leaving Citizens Bank Ballpark, they were heard chanting "Let's go Flyers". With "friends" like those, who needs enemies?

The Phillies have NEVER beaten an established team for a World championship. The Phillies, around since 1883. 2 World Series championships. As many as the expansion New York Mets, Toronto Blue Jays & Florida Marlins. When will the local fans and the national media learn and understand that Philadelphia teams ALWAYS CHOKE in the playoffs? The hitters were silent tonight, and were in Game 4 and even game 3. Lee, the "great" Cliff Lee up 4-0 at HOME, blows it. Lee is not all that. He was pedestrian last year with the Rangers too. All the local yokel Philly sports fans and tv and radio hosts kept thumping their chests about the "great pitching" they had.

How many of those Braves' teams had "great pitching"? How many World Series titles did they win? 1, and that was in 1995, a 144 game shortened season. The Braves always ran out of gas when the season had to go 162.

The 1969 Orioles had a stellar pitching staff. They lost to the Mets.

The more everybody kept up-playing the "Great pitching" staff of the Phillies, the more those people who were singing their praises were driving those nails into the Phillies coffin.

1983 the Phillies LOST to the Orioles, even with having the "Gods" of baseball Schmidt, Rose & Morgan on their team.

1993 the Phillies LOST to the Blue Jays. Joe Carter, with a 3 run homer!!!

2011 the Phillies LOST to the Cardinals, a stinking WILD CARD team!!!

Phillies can NOT beat bird teams. They can NOT beat established teams in the post-season. They did beat the Dodgers 3 times in the LCS in 1983, 2008 & 2009, but in 83 and 09 they lost to ESTABLISHED teams, and in '08, they beat the 10 year old frickin Rays....unworthy of having a parade for that "win"....please.

Eagles lose NFC title games at home, or on the road, ironically their last NFC title game loss was to the Cardinals. They choked in Super Bowl XV, also to a WILD CARD team. The Flyers last won a Stanley Cup in 1975, when the NHL only had what, 12 friggin teams? The Sixers won in 1983 after losing in 1982 and in 1980 to the same team, the Lakers.

Smarty Jones, a Philly horse even choked in trying to win the triple-crown. Heck, even the USFL's Philadelphia Stars LOST in the first championship game in 1983 to the Michigan Panthers.

Philadelphia teams always choke, they always blow it....ALWAYS........and I don't ever want to hear about how "passionate" their fans are, not when they chant "Let's go Flyers" 2 minutes after they watch the Phillies blow it at home....AGAIN.....not when the Eagles fans chant "Let's go Phillies" while still at Lincoln Financial Field. If that's loyalty, I'd rather do without loyalists....

Another TYPICAL Philadelphia Choke, when will these fans and these "experts" EVER learn?

After all the trash talking I've had to put up with all season by my friends (Phillies' fans), this is a glorious evening. I'm really glad that words can be spelled with 'F' again around here.

Also, I'm enjoying the Rally Squirrel. It reminds me of 2002, just not as fun for me.

I'm really looking forward to this NLCS. Lots of bad blood during the season between the Brewers and Cardinals before Milwaukee took control of the Central. Should be fun.

So three of the big spending teams are out? NY, Boston, and Philly...pretty hilarious if you ask me. I hope Texas wipes the floor with those pompous overweight a$$holes from Detroit.

Bitter much?

Well Cleveland IS the best city...

At what exactly? Being obnoxious fans? Too bad there's not a league for that. We'd have more titles than we'd know what to do with. B)

Anyway, on topic...

I'll say this for the Cardinals, they earned it tonight. When you beat Roy Halladay 1-0 you've really accomplished something. The Phillies picked a very bad time to stop hitting. So at the beginning of the season, who had Milwaukee and St. Louis in the NLCS?

BB52Big.jpg

Now that the Phillies and Yankees are out in the LDS, I'm happy. At this point, I don't care who wins. However, it's interesting to note that if the Rangers and Brewers meet in the World Series, there will be a guarantee that a franchise that has never won a championship before will win one.

Being a supporter of the NL West division winner, I was personally hoping the D-Backs would pull off the upset. They fell short, but not shame in their loss, they were in that game all the way to the end. And I give a lot of credit to Kirk Gibson in turning that franchise around, from 60-something wins to 94.

After all the trash talking I've had to put up with all season by my friends (Phillies' fans), this is a glorious evening. I'm really glad that words can be spelled with 'F' again around here.

Also, I'm enjoying the Rally Squirrel. It reminds me of 2002, just not as fun for me.

Yeah, talk about omens. The Cardinals are now undefeated when squirrels show up in the postseason. The Angels won in 2002 with the Rally Monkey, maybe the Cards can take the Rally Squirrels all the way to the crown?

Archived