Atlanta Braves changes?

simpsontide

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe how many people want to replace one of the best sports uniforms around.

I agree. While I do think that that is a fantastic concept, I'd rather see the Braves simply drop both of their alternates, wear the home hat on the road again, and develope a navy alternate, color-inverted version of either the home or road jersey, and call it a day.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

No kidding. Is it any wonder the Braves missed the playoffs when they got rid of the vertical arching?

I like the concept a lot in and of itself, but this

oGJxKOUyasRIQJz.jpg

is baseball, man.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Hate to disagree, and as a huge Braves fan, I LOVE the uniforms they have now, but the navy tomahawk just looks better. It's more aesthetically pleasing and balances the colors. I like both uni's, I just think the navy tomahawk would be the better option.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

I agree that the Braves home and road uniforms are an iconic and beautiful look that should never change.

Both the red and navy tomahawks look equally good, but red tomahawk has been a major player for so many years and is something that has become a part of the culture. Three words: red foam tomahawks. When I think of Braves fandom, this is right up there with the homer hanky and rally boppers, except this is one that I don't want to see burned, as I think it's combination with the tomahawk chop is one of the top-tier fan expressions in baseball. Would a navy foam tomahawk be as visible or pop out as much? In fact, the Braves logo and tomahawk are put on a navy background VERY frequently, and the current red similarly pops out and looks better. I wouldn't mind seeing that Boston throwback a little more often, though. Definitely would like to see them play the Red Sox in those. An updated version in Navy with an all-navy Atlanta cap would also be nice.

I actually really like the red alternate. I think it looks great.\

The Navy alternate is okay, but it needs red lettering and some piping that matches the other uniforms. In my concept for my version of the MLB's caps which never got posted I included with this a cap which featured the feather with updated colors as it's logo. I think the feather works as a pretty nice-looking alternate cap logo. I also think that it could be incorporated growing from the piping on the other uniforms, albeit with updated colors. I'm on computer life-support right now. Maybe someone could mock that up. I could understand it possibly making the uni too cluttered.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I agree that the Braves home and road uniforms are an iconic and beautiful look that should never change.

Both the red and navy tomahawks look equally good, but red tomahawk has been a major player for so many years and is something that has become a part of the culture. Three words: red foam tomahawks. When I think of Braves fandom, this is right up there with the homer hanky and rally boppers, except this is one that I don't want to see burned, as I think it's combination with the tomahawk chop is one of the top-tier fan expressions in baseball. Would a navy foam tomahawk be as visible or pop out as much? In fact, the Braves logo and tomahawk are put on a navy background VERY frequently, and the current red similarly pops out and looks better. I wouldn't mind seeing that Boston throwback a little more often, though. Definitely would like to see them play the Red Sox in those. An updated version in Navy with an all-navy Atlanta cap would also be nice.

I actually really like the red alternate. I think it looks great.\

The Navy alternate is okay, but it needs red lettering and some piping that matches the other uniforms. In my concept for my version of the MLB's caps which never got posted I included with this a cap which featured the feather with updated colors as it's logo. I think the feather works as a pretty nice-looking alternate cap logo. I also think that it could be incorporated growing from the piping on the other uniforms, albeit with updated colors. I'm on computer life-support right now. Maybe someone could mock that up. I could understand it possibly making the uni too cluttered.

I was going to bring up the foam tomahawks but I thought it'd be blown off as a stupid reason for keeping it red, haha. I agree though. That's as big a part of modern Braves Culture as Bobby Cox, Chipper Jones, and the pitching rotations of the 1990s.

Counterpoint: new jerseys with navy tomahawk + navy foam tomahawks = new stuff for Braves fans to spend $$ on, which in turn means more merhandisiing revenue for the franchise.

Never underestimate the power of the almighty dollar.

(That is unless of course MLB splits that revenue the same way the NFL does...which would then render this counterpoint pretty well moot.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I know it's a common post in this thread...but any info at all coming from the Braves yet on unveiling? Hard to understand why they're waiting so long to make this announcement...maybe they're just waiting for this topic to reach 17 pages and then they'll unleash them. :)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Blue Tomahawks on the uniform is ok with me....Blue tomahawks at the gift shop will mess up my game room display!

Tomahawks.png

Yeah. That's kinda my point. Atlanta uses navy as a background color very frequently, and a full-time navy tomahawk would be lost in it, where the current red one pops out. The same goes for the foam version, which would be lost in the sea of navy shirts at Turner Field instead of popping out in the crowd like the red ones do. Yes, it would be a good marketing move in that it would sell more merchandise, but it wouldn't look as good as the red. Keep a navy or black tomahawk to a white or cream alternate (and the red alternate, of course).

spacer.png

spacer.png

Having a navy tomahawk on the jersey doesn't mean that they have to sell navy foam tomahawks. I'm not sure why everyone thinks that. There's no way to know if they sell the red ones because the one on the jersey is red, or "just because".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Having a navy tomahawk on the jersey doesn't mean that they have to sell navy foam tomahawks. I'm not sure why everyone thinks that. There's no way to know if they sell the red ones because the one on the jersey is red, or "just because".

Pretty sure there's a huge correlation/causation between the foam and the logo. If the logo didn't dictate the foam color, and it was "just because"...they'd sell them in 45 different colors.

People want red tomahawks because the tomahawk in the logo is red.

They wouldn't have them in 45 colors - there's really only 2 choices, and perhaps the above point of the red just happens to stand out against all of the blue could be the reason for it. There certainly might be a correlation, but I don't think that a switch of the color of the tomahawk on the jersey has to mean anything for the red foam ones.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They wouldn't have them in 45 colors - there's really only 2 choices, and perhaps the above point of the red just happens to stand out against all of the blue could be the reason for it. There certainly might be a correlation, but I don't think that a switch of the color of the tomahawk on the jersey has to mean anything for the red foam ones.

Welp, maybe there is something to the contrast, especially after reading Goth's reply. Gold BiG hands to contrast with people wearing blue; red tomahawks to contrast with people wearing navy.

I concede. :)

I don't buy into the belief that just becasuse it's a color on the jersey, it has to be blue in real life for foam tomahawks. However I am opposed to the Braves making their tomahawks blue purely because I don't think they would look as good as the current reds. It seems to be an unpopular opinion among those in this thread, however, but that's just my two cents.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Archived