Atlanta Braves changes?

simpsontide

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The vintage white trend needs to stop in sports, I have never seen it work properly.

San Francisco Giants, 2004 NHL All-Star Game, that's really about it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Hopefully the number is just a bad photoshop, because the mismatched blue looks horrible (unless the wordmark is trimmed in black - can't tell. Either way that's sloppy.) If there's no front number or if the colors match, then that's not bad at all, though I don't like that they'll have two home uniforms that are so close to each other.

The Phillies have two home uniforms that are close to one another too.

We have all seen enough of these to know that the photoshop jersey colors are not consistent with the real deal. This uniform is a throwback to the 60's era. Looks good.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Phillies home alt, but I'll disagree that they're really that close to their primary set. The mere fact that they don't have pinstripes is a pretty big difference, as is that they wear them with blue caps (as opposed to the Braves who - according to reports - will be wearing their regular cap with these.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Hopefully the number is just a bad photoshop, because the mismatched blue looks horrible (unless the wordmark is trimmed in black - can't tell. Either way that's sloppy.) If there's no front number or if the colors match, then that's not bad at all, though I don't like that they'll have two home uniforms that are so close to each other.

We have all seen enough of these to know that the photoshop jersey colors are not consistent with the real deal. This uniform is a throwback to the 60's era. Looks good.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Phillies home alt, but I'll disagree that they're really that close to their primary set. The mere fact that they don't have pinstripes is a pretty big difference, as is that they wear them with blue caps (as opposed to the Braves who - according to reports - will be wearing their regular cap with these.)

The Braves won't have the tomahawk on this set which is huge part of the uniform. Other than that, the Mets have one that doesn't look bad and the Twins do too. Is it really needed? No. Does it look good? Yes.

The Braves won't have the tomahawk on this set which is huge part of the uniform. Other than that, the Mets have one that doesn't look bad and the Twins do too. Is it really needed? No. Does it look good? Yes.

Oh I'm not saying it doesn't look good - I think it looks nice (assuming that's just a photoshop on the #s.) Just that the "casual" observer could tune in, and end up staring at them thinking that something is off but not immediately know that they're not in their normal look. Sure, it's obvious to us and anyone else who pays attention to that stuff, IMO you shouldn't have more than one uniform of a particular color (I'm counting cream as white - just my opinion there.) Mets snow white is in the same camp as the Phillies IMO, in that the lack of pinstripes make it obviously different. And of course none of this is necessary, but it's just the world we are in as far as sports merchandising goes.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Besides the main color and the pinstripes, there's also the differences in the sleeve numbers and the collar/sleeve trim. I don't think the two jerseys look that similar at all...

San Francisco Giants

The Giants wear cream at home, which is brighter and less obtrusive than vintage white.

The Giants wear the same shade of Cream/Off-White as all of the other MLB teams who use/have used this color:

PTX_11-0701_TCX_SRGB.png

This list includes the former Arizona Diamondbacks (1998-2006), the Chicago White Sox throwback unis from 2006, the current Cleveland Indians (2008-present), the current Minnesota Twins throwbacks (2010-present), the current New York Mets alt/home unis (2010-present), Philadelphia Phillies throwbacks (2008-present), and the aforementioned San Francisco Giants home unis (2000-present).

All the same color.

c1__19895_zoom.jpg

So I take it it's supposed to be a nod to this?

EMathews_AtlBrv_Photo.jpg

I don't think it's that bad. I'd like to see this paired with the throwback striped stirrups.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

As long as the numbers borders aren't the stock ones used in this photo then I'm fine with it. It's a huge improvement over the stupid all-navy alt.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

My biggest problem is the cream uniform is going to look bad with the white A on the hats. One item is going to look new, one item iss going to look vintage (or dirty). Maybe it's not as bad as I think it's going to be, but I really don't think it'll look nearly as nice as their normal home set. The Phillies, Mets, and Giants can get away with the cream jersey because their hat logos aren't bright white.

And, like others have said, I'm hoping the piping and the outlines are the same color.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Can anyone confirm if that's what the patch will look like with the white background? Or just lazy photoshop?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Love the patch. I'm a fan of cream jerseys in baseball in general, so I think that it's an okay look. I just don't know where they're gonna fit it in with the jersey schedule. I guess it'll be for weekday games?

Either way, never thought I'd say that the Braves have too many uniforms, but they do. If they dropped the red jersey, this would've been all sorts of awesome.

Here are my 2 cents on the Braves Alt. Its a nice looking jersey and part of me likes and then there is another part of me that says not to like it because their just trying to follow a trend in the throwback off-white jerseys. I hate how all these teams have throwback white jerseys, i mean the Phillies,Mets,Indians,Twins and Giants. And Three of these teams happen to be in the same division. I hate when teams throwback in general because it gets ruined by the baggy pajama pants most players wear nowadays. I would have been much happier if their braves would have made this jersey their alternate

hank_aaron_large.jpg

but I guess I'll wait and see, I might like this new alt once I see it on the field but as of right now i say "eh not so spectacular"

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

yea the phillies alt has no pinstripes and the phillies name is outline in blue unlike the home that is outlined in white

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

Archived