Jerseys you didnt think were used at the same time

njdevs7

That is a good picture. The Nets unis totally stand out to me compared to all the '90s-ness in that picture. It feels like a relic. I always liked those jerseys for the Nets.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh, gotcha. In case anyone was wondering, the Sox home jerseys were nameless from 1987-1996. I like them much better with the names.

Wow, I had never noticed before that the White Sox didn't have names on the newer jerseys for the first six seasons of their existence. Interesting. I'm also very surprised that they didn't use NOBs with their final navy, red, and white set. You learn something new every day.

The roads did have NOB in that set, but not the home.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Broncos-Panthers from 1995 (linked because its on someones flickr account).

Certainly weird to see the orange crush unis that are so strongly associated with the Super Bowl teams of the 80s in action against a 90s expansion team.

whoa... that is incredibly bizarre to me.

On the same note: Remember the playoff game between the Jaguars and the Broncos?

Pick-Six-Playoff-Upse_Gree(2)_20110113071506_640_480.JPG

I saw, I came, I left.

I'm sure in 1992 this

a10485cbb81c86b1f4a52b1651e9.jpg

vs

display_image.jpg?x=276061

looks out of place now.

Actually I'm pretty sure in 1992 the expos (and royal too I think) just looked out of place in general since it was they were the last 2 teams still wearing powder blue uniforms.

That never happened. The Expos switched to their pinstripe set with gray roads in '92, the same year the Phillies switched to their current set.

Jesus... it's been 20 years already?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Islanders16.png

MightyDucks2.png

Kings21.png

Oh, for it to be 1995-96 again... :wub:

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Kings23.png

Canucks24.png

Believe it or not, these two teams met six times in the 1997-98 season, and your first thought here is: "Man, it's really odd to see the Gretzky-era Kings pitted against the next-gen Canucks with their new orca!" (BTW, the 97-98 season was the final one for the classic first-gen black/silver Kings uniforms.)

UBwef0L.png

Archived