NFL Los Angeles Team Concepts

logofan20

- Anyone else would be on a case by case basis (Los Angeles 49ers? Maybe. Los Angeles Vikings? :puke: )

I really like the name Avengers and Sentinels. Legacy is a good one too, but I'm not sure the NFL's keen on singular plural names.

Sentinels is way too "Replacements".

The 49ers are getting a new stadium in the Bay Area...they're likely not going anywhere.

9ers are likely not going anywhere and are also not likely getting to be playing in a new stadium anytime soon...there have been at least half dozen proposals over the last decade that were supposed done deals and voter approved yet nothing has ever happened.

if you're expecting to see a new stadium anytime soon in the state of california don't hold your breath...the league and owners may be demanding state of the art facilities but they sure as hell don't want to pay anything out of pocket and trying to squeeze cash out of insolvent municipalities is a fruitless endeavor.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how about Los Angeles Express from the USFL??

I think the LA Breakers would be better. Just use that old USFL teams' uniforms, logo and helmet. No need for changes as they were way ahead of their time back then and would fit in nicely today

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

Los Angeles Dons

That's all I got, that's all I ever got, LA sucks for a team nickname that has something to do with that town, hell look at the ones they have...

Lakers...Minnesota

Clippers...San Diego

Dodgers...Brooklyn

Ducks...A Movie (wait, that actually kinda works in a messed up way!)

Rams...Cleveland

Raiders...Oakland

The only one that works is the only one originaly from LA, the Angles, oh wait the Kings isnt there a statue or something about Kings in that town I remember from an old NWA video.

LA, believe it or not, is a town with a vanilla history. They got movies and sun, sucks for a team nickname, but apparently great for everything else.

By the way I find Chicago and Cleveland to be just as hard in creating a nickname that is town specific, cool and isnt already taken.

- Anyone else would be on a case by case basis (Los Angeles 49ers? Maybe. Los Angeles Vikings? :puke: )

I really like the name Avengers and Sentinels. Legacy is a good one too, but I'm not sure the NFL's keen on singular plural names.

Sentinels is way too "Replacements".

The 49ers are getting a new stadium in the Bay Area...they're likely not going anywhere.

9ers are likely not going anywhere and are also not likely getting to be playing in a new stadium anytime soon...there have been at least half dozen proposals over the last decade that were supposed done deals and voter approved yet nothing has ever happened.

if you're expecting to see a new stadium anytime soon in the state of california don't hold your breath...the league and owners may be demanding state of the art facilities but they sure as hell don't want to pay anything out of pocket and trying to squeeze cash out of insolvent municipalities is a fruitless endeavor.

From the looks of it construction will likely begin some time next year. Seriously.

Los Angeles Demons ( Opposite of angel= demon, and the movie)

Whenever I moved a team in Madden to Los Angeles, or created a team in LA, I always used the Los Angeles Demons.

But I like the Los Angeles Aztecs. Or Los Angeles Jaguars and use an Aztec theme for the team.

In reality, it'll be (we're going to get two teams, both will play in Farmers Field):

Los Angeles Rams.

Los Angeles Chargers.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

IIRC the original NASL had a team called the LA Aztecs.

I almost named one of my old fantasy teams the Los Angeles Renegades (another recycled nickname, in this case from the USFL's short-lived Orlando franchise).

CCSLC signature.png

Here's a concept I made way back in the day on these boards.

Invadersprimarylogo.png

Defendersalternate.png

InvadersHome.png

InvadersRoad.png

Overall it's a cool concept and i really like the main logo. But the home uniforms reminds me of 49ers a bit, maybe try changing the gold pants to white?

The LA team will adopt the existing team name. However, my suggestions for new names would be:

Los Angeles Immortals

Los Angeles Overlords

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived