NFL Los Angeles Team Concepts

logofan20

What are some good colors/names/logos for a possible Los Angeles NFL team, provided whichever team moves there rebrands?

Names:

Los Angeles Gladiators

Los Angeles Marvels

Los Angeles Quakes

Los Angeles Mammoths(La Brea Tar Pits)

Los Angeles Sentinels

Los Angeles Orcas(whale watching)

Los Angeles Waves

Los Angeles Avengers(Adopt defunct AFL team name)

Los Angeles Rockers

Los Angeles Stars

Los Angeles Riots(Ha)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Lakers kept their name from Minnesota, so obviously there is precedent there for keeping the name even when it completely doesn't make any sense for LA. (Yeah I know a name like the Jaguars should work anywhere).

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The NFL is a stickler for teams keeping their names when they move. Even Tennessee had to use the "Oilers" name for a season after they moved. They also forced the Cardinals to keep that name the entire time they were in St. Louis, despite the baseball team having that exact name for 60 years prior at that time.

It would come full circle if the Rams or Raiders moved to LA though. Really would be no need for a name change anyways.

The NFL is a stickler for teams keeping their names when they move. Even Tennessee had to use the "Oilers" name for a season after they moved. They also forced the Cardinals to keep that name the entire time they were in St. Louis, despite the baseball team having that exact name for 60 years prior at that time.

Got a source for that second part? Because the first part isn't true at all.

The Oilers kept their name after the move because Bud Adams didn't want to change it, not because the league forced him to. He was personally fond of the name, and former players asked him not to change it. But after taking a lot of heat from the fans in Tennessee, he finally agreed to adopt a new name.

- If the Rams, Raiders, or Chargers move to LA, no rebrand is necessary as those names have local significance.

- If the Jags go sometime, I think that name could work with new colors and an Aztec style flair. Leave the teal history back in Jax.

- Anyone else would be on a case by case basis (Los Angeles 49ers? Maybe. Los Angeles Vikings? :puke: )

I really like the name Avengers and Sentinels. Legacy is a good one too, but I'm not sure the NFL's keen on singular plural names.

The Oilers kept their name after the move because Bud Adams didn't want to change it, not because the league forced him to. He was personally fond of the name, and former players asked him not to change it. But after taking a lot of heat from the fans in Tennessee, he finally agreed to adopt a new name.

Plus the Tennessee Oilers were around for two years ('97 and '98), not just one year.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

- Anyone else would be on a case by case basis (Los Angeles 49ers? Maybe. Los Angeles Vikings? :puke: )

I really like the name Avengers and Sentinels. Legacy is a good one too, but I'm not sure the NFL's keen on singular plural names.

Sentinels is way too "Replacements".

The 49ers are getting a new stadium in the Bay Area...they're likely not going anywhere.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

A quick search of the Cardinals wikipedia page came up with this: "To avoid confusion, the NFL contemplated changing the Cardinals' name, but then dropped the idea." So It's safe to assume that the second part isn't true either.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived