2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Westbrook play is being over-hyped. Yeah, mental errors are worse than physical errors, but they probably don't win that game either way.

Maybe I'm just being stubborn, but...OKC in (obviously) 7.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE

Betcha he's sweating just a little bit...

Fixed it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Might as well get this in one last time, because after tomorrow night. All the jokes will be meaningless.

Anyone with a familiar background of this certain Fresh Prince of Bel-Air episode will get the premise behind this meme.

dontwantme.jpg

I laugh every time.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I think the Westbrook play is being over-hyped. Yeah, mental errors are worse than physical errors, but they probably don't win that game either way.

They probably don't win even if they get the stop without fouling, but it ended any real chance they had at winning the game.

At the same time though you can only put some much blame on Westbrook because he was OKC's MVP in that game.

It was just an unexcusably bad play considering the circumstances.

Let me first say I am not an NBA fan, or at best a VERY minimal one.

But I am defiantly cheering for LeBron tonight. Coming from an unpriveleged single-parent family, he did not let this stop this to became to become a legend. Perhaps he was a little cocky at first, but you can't really blame him. He revitalized a franchise and singlehandedly turned them from an also-ran to a championship contender. He gave his all but was not given the teammates to go all the way. Yet the media scrutinized him to the point of claiming he "gave up" in the postseason. Then godforbid he used his free agency rights to go to a team that actually gave him a championship opportunity. To make matters worse he had the nerve to participate in a charity television event called "The Desicion" and made a joke about winning 7 championships. This apparently was enough to make him evil. The city he gave everything that now loathed him. He became the most scrutinize athlete in the world. Now he is single handedly leading a championship run. Get is he getting credit? Of course not.

Maybe as someone who doesn't watch the NBA I'm missing something. But unless I learn facts to the contrary, I will be rooting HEAVILY for the Heat tonight.

1985 1989 1991 1992 1993

Time to raise a banner in my lifetime boys!

I'm confused. Do teams win championships, or do players "single handedly" win them? Seems to change based on ability and the outcome.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm calling it now. If the Heat wrap it up tonight, one of the big three is going to break out "that's one" in reference to the "not one, not two, not three..." You heard it here first. Any predictions on who it will be? My money is on Wade.

Oh and this just in: That Lebron guy? He's pretty :censored:-ing good. If these playoffs don't quiet his critics, then his critics are simply idiots.

BB52Big.jpg

This game is looking more and more like its going to be a coronation.

I'm confused. Do teams win championships, or do players "single handedly" win them? Seems to change based on ability and the outcome.

That's something that's always bothered me. Nobody says Derek Jeter won 5 World Series rings as if to imply he single handedly led the Yankees to five world titles. You get a little bit of it in football with QB's, but basketball is by far the worst. And like it or not basketball was, is and always will be a team sport. One player no matter how good he is can only get you so far and you look at all the teams that have won NBA titles or even the teams to reach the NBA Finals, its rare to find just one Hall of Famer on the roster.

If LeBron gets this done, it's the closest thing since maybe Hakeem to a single-handed title run. He's had to pretty much do it all out there.

Oh for the... just STOP TALKING NOW.

It's nice to see, that IF Miami wins, that Battier, Chalmers and Miller didn't contribute to it at all. Oh, that's right, Wade and Bosh, who are those scrubs?

Just stop it already.

If LeBron gets this done, it's the closest thing since maybe Hakeem to a single-handed title run. He's had to pretty much do it all out there.

Wade in '06. Hakeem was great, but he also had a great supporting cast. Hakeem's suppoting cast in '95 Finals averaged more points than the Wade's supporting cast in '06 Finals. Wade averaged more points in 6 games than Hakeem in 5. I know you hate Wade because LeBron is your deity, but Wade was pretty spectacular in 2006, and yes he led a team loaded with stars. He didn't do it by himself.

LeBron has led the way this year, no doubt. He's come out playing great. No question he's the Finals MVP, assuming tonight's result goes Miami's way.

We can bust out a HolyStroke/Legoo post and compare '06 and '12 stats in the Finals, if you want. Wade's '06 run will win the scoring part. I haven't seen LeBron score 40 points in one Finals game yet this year, let alone two games of 40+. Have you?

That's something that's always bothered me. Nobody says Derek Jeter won 5 World Series rings as if to imply he single handedly led the Yankees to five world titles. You get a little bit of it in football with QB's, but basketball is by far the worst. And like it or not basketball was, is and always will be a team sport. One player no matter how good he is can only get you so far and you look at all the teams that have won NBA titles or even the teams to reach the NBA Finals, its rare to find just one Hall of Famer on the roster.

Well said. If there's a leader, than it's one guy...the star. You obviously can't have five leaders on the court. But to say he "single handedly led them" is not really accurate, especially when the average margin of victory is less than 10 points. The leader had plenty of help.

OKC is trying to make this a game, but Miami is just playing like a team on a mission right now.

Its one of those games where the score I don't think is reflecting what's going on the court. Only reason OKC is even still in the game is because they are 19 of 20 from the foul line.

What's telling to me is that the Thunder are starting to play some really desperate, panicked basketball when there's still over 15 minutes to play with a navigable deficit.

They didn't play this way against Dallas, nor when they were on the verge of falling to a 2-2 series with the Lakers, nor when they were swiping control of the Conference Finals from a red-hot San Antonio team. The pressure of the season being over and falling short of the title seems to really be getting to that team - and that, of course, is just playing right into the hands of a confident, battle-tested Miami team.

spacer.png

I can't remember anyone who den have a significant cast around them or at least 1 other star player. If Lebron could've done it in Cleveland that would've been single handedly. But he fell in the finals against a good SA team.

Lebrons definitely the MVP in the playoffs and this series so versatile yet so good.

Wow miller just made another!!

The he's ate now a scoring machine.

Crazy to think that if results hold Lebron will have won his first title younger than Jordan.

Archived