2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the celtics are an enigma

I didn't think they were as bad as their start indicated and I don't think any team is really looking forward to playing them either.

When fully healthy they are a tough veteran team that is extremely well coached. You better beat them because they are not beating themselves with dumb misques.

If the season ended today they would be facing off against Atlanta in the first round and I would probably take Boston to beat them in six games.

Not sure if they would want to face Orlando though. They I could see giving Boston alot of matchup problems even as chaotic as their current situation is.

I'm talking about as a basketball player, Bynum is better than Griffin, and I don't really thinks its that close

He probably is a better overall player then Griffin is.

But the guy is such a pain in the ass, it almost offsets any talent he has. Some guys just don't get it and it seems like he could be one of them.

Hopefully he doesn't turn into another Stephon Marbury.

C'mon man, lol, not probably, Bynum is way better than Griffin, in terms of basketball ability. It's not even close. Bynum can do everything you ask a center/post player to do and then some. He is, in my opinion the second best center in the league, after Dwight Howard. But, he's a better free-throw shooter and has better basketball fundamentals than Howard, so I'd rather have Bynum than Dwight.

With that being said, Bynum needs to get his s*** together. I don't like his arrogance and attitude. He's still extremely immature. He handled the Clippers game pretty well, even after defending Gasol when Griffin shoved him out-of-bounds. I wonder why he dislikes the Rockets so much. Friday was the second-time this year he's been ejected when playing Houston. You guys should have heard the Lakers announcers. They were so angry at Bynum, for getting himself ejected. And he got himself ejected too. We would have won if he didn't get ejected. I don't care what the other team says to you, but when the NBA became more strict on technicals, you gotta learn to not engage in the trash talk. Lakers better win in New Orleans tomorrow. Or that win over the Clippers wouldn't have meant anything.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Cue the network-mandated divorce?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Lamar Odom will be cut/released.

Pretty sure everybody saw this coming. Pretty classless move by Lamar.

From what I can tell Dallas is just going to pay him to stay at home.

I haven't heard anything about him getting released or cut, only that Dallas is putting him on the inactive list.

I don't see them giving him a contract buyout either just so he can turn around and go to either LA or Miami.

And yeah there's not much you can defend Odom on. It does sound like the guy has alot of off court issues, but when your getting paid $8 million a year you really can't complain about things like that. If the situation is that bad then just quit. Can't have it both ways.

Lamar Odom will be cut/released.

Pretty sure everybody saw this coming. Pretty classless move by Lamar.

D@mn right. He was useless for the Mavs and when they needed him for various reasons (injuries, Dirk being out of shape, because he is under contract, ...). Last year he won 6th Man of the Year, but Odom's .178 drop in FG% (.530 to .352) is biggest from one season to the next by an NBA player ever (min. 1 FGM/team game both yrs).

Even with being a focal point of the breakup with Shaq, playing with a locker room with Odom, Gasol, WorldPeace, and Bynum, Kobe deserves a pass dealing with that mess.

Cue the network-mandated divorce?

Not even close. She is happy that they get to go back to LA immediately to continue shooting the most poorly edited show currently airing. He can be closer to the ocean, which we are told he needs.

NOTE: Do not watch "Khloe and Lamar". It is not up to real time, however the last few episodes have him "being distraught" post-lockout and the possibility of being traded. That is what you see since she does the majority of the narration and talking to him. His agent "talks" to her about how he is 32 and knows that he can be traded. That was after the episode in which they had a "decision" to play in Turkey. (She is Armenian, there was no way he was going to sign with a Turkish team).

You don't fire the Owner

If that was the case, guys like Donald Sterling, the Atlanta Spirit Group, Bill Wirtz, & Chris Cohan (among many others) wouldn't have lasted as long as they did or still have.

Really a shame that Jordan's this bad of an executive when he was MOTHER :censored: ING MICHAEL JORDAN as a basketball player.

Michael Jordan needs to sweep his pride aside and bring in a real General Manager, let him build the team and collect the cash when the team turns things around. He can be a figure head and he can come to practice and influence players the GM wants to join the Bobcats, but he should not make any decisions.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

You don't fire the Owner

If that was the case, guys like Donald Sterling, the Atlanta Spirit Group, Bill Wirtz, & Chris Cohan (among many others) wouldn't have lasted as long as they did or still have.

Really a shame that Jordan's this bad of an executive when he was MOTHER :censored: ING MICHAEL JORDAN as a basketball player.

Most that make it to the NBA either have great talent and don't work hard or don't have great talent but work hard. Jordan was one of the rare ones that had both going for him and I'm not the first one to say it but that can work against you as a coach or front office type. If you assume somebody has great talent because they work hard then you assume the two are directly correlated to each other and that's just not the case.

It sounds like one of those no brainer things to say, but when your looking at an 18, 19 or 20 year old kid coming into the NBA that's when it really gets tested because pretty everyone taken with lottery picks has all-star talent level potential. You gotta figure out how much of that is just raw talent and how much of it was built on hard work and whether or not that work ethic can or will improve. And everyone makes mistakes in that department. Again kind of a no duh statement but alot tougher in practice.

What I find most unique about Jordan was that he's been burned on both ends of the equation horribly. He took Kwame Brown who had tremendous raw talent but zero work ethic and Adam Morrison who had an amazing work ethic, but was already at his talent level ceiling when he drafted.

Not stating anything that hasn't been said before, but if that's not what's going on then what is exactly?

Great win for the Lakers tonight, albeit we still have two more games against the Spurs and a probable playoff series. Bynum joined elite Lakers company tonight. Only four other Laker players have ever had 30 rebounds: George Mikan, Wilt Chamberlain, Elgin Baylor and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Congrats Bynum. Dominated defensively, and has three less boards than the entire Spurs team.

LA HOMERISM ALERT: The other LA team won tonight as well. Makes me hope that the Lakers and Clippers can meet up in the West Finals. That'd be a great series. Also, I think the Thunder have to be very concerned about playing the Clippers in the post-season. The Clippers can steal a series from them. I think the Spurs don't want to see the Lakers in the postseason. We match up very well against them. C'mon Lakers and Clippers! Make the West Finals!

Great win in Houston for the Jazz, HUGE in playoff race terms. I hope they can pull it out - seeing this team make the playoffs after pretty low expectations here in Utah would be a great accomplishment.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

It would appear that Miami still can't beat good teams on the road. Bulls up eight with about a minute and a half left in OT. Miami's managed just one point in OT thus far.

edit: Bulls win.

IUe6Hvh.png

Chicago swept the season series from the Heat last year, and looked pretty overmatched in the ECF.

Boston won three of four, and looked overmatched in the ECSF.

I have a hard time picking against Miami's elite talent when the stakes are at the highest. Even if I do wish to see them lose.

Like the NBA Finals...

It's nice that the Bulls won, but I really don't put any importance on regular season games. Home court advantage is nice if you can get it, but like we saw last year it doesn't mean everything. It was nice to see the Bulls win that without help from Rose though. It's not often that you'll see an MVP get pulled late in the 4th and not make a big deal out of it.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived