2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

Such a gross game, and of course we get screwed over in the process, losing any hope of the division title basically due to Artest's disgusting cheap shot.

People are already saying Artest might only get three games for that... switch Artest's and Harden's uniforms and I bet he'd get way more time off. :rolleyes:

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the Lakers pulled it off, kudos to them.

Also Durant was basically non-existent the final 2 OT's and 4th quarter. I think he was something like 2/14 or something.

He went 3 for 9, which isn't good but I've seen worse.

Alot better then Russell Westbrook and his John Starks in game seven like 3 for 22 performance. Still managed to make all of his free throws and his assist to turnover ratio was decent, so he wasn't terrible but he had the worst plus/minus differential of anyone on the Thunder and had five fouls which for a point guard is alot.

It was because of Vinny Del Negro.

That plus OKC dominated the third quarter entirely without James Harden. That was not the turning point of the game for the Lakers. If anything it fired up the Thunder.

The Lakers just got hot down the stretch in the fourth. The last five minutes of the fourth quarter they shot 4 of 6 from three point range. And it wasn't they were getting great looks on those shots either. The only two that I saw open were the two corner ones that Blake shot. He hit one and missed the other.

The Thunder didn't play great, but I've seen worse efforts from teams in wins.

Nothing says World Peace like an elbow to the head.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Lights Out, trolling at it's finest.

Unfortunate that World Peace elbowed Harden (at first I thought Harden was flopping, but then when they slowed it down, Harden's lucky he even has a head. A lesser man would have been unconscious) and put a cloud over a great Lakers comeback. We saw vintage Kobe in he 4th quarter and OT. Honestly, besides the World Peace elbow, I'm so proud of how our guys rallied from 18 down against a superior team. Kobe is about to shatter the record for the highest scoring average in 16+ seasons (current record holder: Karl Malone 23.1 PPG. Kobe 27.6 PPG). Kobe is just cementing himself as one of the top 10 players of all-time and, in my opinion, the third-best player in the NBA

Back on World Peace, he needs to suspended for at least 3 games, but he should be suspended for 5 games. Anything more would be excessive, anything less would be a joke.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I really hate the gimmicky "Metta World Peace" crap. Your name is Ron Artest, clown.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Back on World Peace, he needs to suspended for at least 3 games, but he should be suspended for 5 games. Anything more would be excessive, anything less would be a joke.

More than 5 games would be excessive? An 86-game suspension didn't stop Artest from pulling this kind of crap, what makes you think a 3-to-5-game suspension would make him think twice? He's a danger to himself and others, and quite frankly, doesn't belong in the NBA.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

More than 5 games would be excessive? An 86-game suspension didn't stop Artest from pulling this kind of crap, what makes you think a 3-to-5-game suspension would make him think twice? He's a danger to himself and others, and quite frankly, doesn't belong in the NBA.

I agree with you. That elbow was cold and unnecessary. World Peace did it just to physically hurt Harden and, you're right, has not place in the NBA. Given prior history, I think a season-ending suspension, or worse, would be deterrent-enough punishment. And perhaps in World Peace's case, shut his career down as well.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

'Rockstar Matt' vs. 'Lights Out'

The CCSLC Forum's version of a 2012 "Hollywood beef". Non-forum ones include:

A. Jon Hamm vs. Kim Kardashian

B. Joe Eszterhas vs. Mel Gibson

C. Chevy Chase vs. the creator of "Community"

^post of the day imho^

but i know no one will agree with me. it takes a special type of special person to appreciate dfwabel's humor

I do think it would be excessive. 5 games is the warranted penalty. I'm not going to lie, I don't think MWP is, uh, right in the head. He's a little crazy.

I know I'm going to get some flame for this, but I don't think this elbow from MWP is as bad as when Kevin Love stepped on Scola's face or even when Bynum tried to destroy Barea. I think people are overreacting to the elbow because of who threw it. Not making excuses for the elbow, because I agree that there is no place in the NBA for plays like that and World Peace deserves punishment, but people wouldn't be in such an uproar if anyone other than MWP did it. Just sayin'

'Rockstar Matt' vs. 'Lights Out'

The CCSLC Forum's version of a 2012 "Hollywood beef". Non-forum ones include:

A. Jon Hamm vs. Kim Kardashian

B. Joe Eszterhas vs. Mel Gibson

C. Chevy Chase vs. the creator of "Community"

^post of the day imho^

but i know no one will agree with me. it takes a special type of special person to appreciate dfwabel's humor

I'll actually second it, lol, it gave me a good laugh.

I know I'm going to get some flame for this, but I don't think this elbow from MWP is as bad as when Kevin Love stepped on Scola's face or even when Bynum tried to destroy Barea. I think people are overreacting to the elbow because of who threw it. Not making excuses for the elbow, because I agree that there is no place in the NBA for plays like that and World Peace deserves punishment, but people wouldn't be in such an uproar if anyone other than MWP did it. Just sayin'

Two things I'll say in defense of Love. One Scola was flopping all over the place in the place in that game. Kevin Love would touch him and Scola would wind up in the third row.

Also this happened a week before that game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whUORuZwPQE

So it wasn't like Scola was an innocent party in the events leading up to that. Wasn't right what Love did, but I think the league office took the events leading up to that into account which is I feel Love only got hit with two games as opposed to having the book thrown at him.

The hit by Bynum on Barea in the playoffs was bad. I say that was on par with what Artest did to Harden. And I didn't see J.J. do anything to Andrew Bynum leading up to that play either so I can't defend his actions.

I watched a few replays of the Ron Artest (yes, he's Ron Artest, dammit) elbow. I gotta say, anybody who can look at that and honestly say it was inadvertent AT ALL is either (1) blind or (2) Khloe f-ing Kardashian.

We have to marvel at how far the Lakers have fallen. Hear me out, we've gone from pure domination with Kobe, Shaq, and Robert Horry to:

--A "man" who has been suspended for more than a year at a time (Ron Artest)

--A center who threw a hissy fit and tried to break another player's ribs (Andrew Bynum)

--Pau Gasol...

Really? Further, Artest had the BALLS to say, and I quote, "...it was unfortunate that James had to get hit with an unintentional elbow..." I'm sorry... HAD TO GET HIT? ARE YOU FREAKIN' INSANE???

I'm sorry, but this man... These Lakers... are some of the most classless buffoons the NBA has or will ever see. Forget suspended, "Metta World Peace" should go the Pete Rose out and never touch a basketball court again.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived