Bowl Mania: Uniform Edition

Bmac

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointed in the Va Tech uni-combo for this game... of all the combinations they can create... this is the most boring one of them all... i was hoping for atleast stripes on the helmets like when they played Ga Tech

Disappointed in the Va Tech uni-combo for this game... of all the combinations they can create... this is the most boring one of them all... i was hoping for atleast stripes on the helmets like when they played Ga Tech

What are they wearing?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

What are they wearing?

solid maroon helmet, maroon jersey, solid white pants

Meh, that doesn't sound like that bad of a combination. Adopting those throwbacks was one of the best uniform-related decisions any team has made in recent history.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I have to admit, I think I've come around on Michigan's Sugar Bowl uniforms. They do look A LOT better in action than on the promo. I also like the fact that they decided to wear that retro helmet with it, really sharp.

And I think VT looks just fine. Maroon-maroon-white is a good combo for them.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I have to admit, I think I've come around on Michigan's Sugar Bowl uniforms. They do look A LOT better in action than on the promo. I also like the fact that they decided to wear that retro helmet with it, really sharp.

VaTech would be so much better if they had stripes on the helmet and pants too. Bland helmet and pants = too plain. Especially when they HAVE much better options.

I'm proud of Virginia Tech. They're playing in a bowl game and aren't wearing a goofy, special, one-off uniform. Even traditional traditional Michigan's caught the disease.

The only way Virginia Tech could look better is if they had a matching stripe on the helmet and wore the striped white pants.

or if they wore this:

mvick8x10-vt.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

I am too, this is such a disappointing look for them. I HATE all white pants! Why didn't they wear one of these looks instead?

With a maroon jersey?

62838_Virginia_Tech_Marshall_Football.jpg

This with the maroon jersey:

Virginia_Tech_Duke_Football_0b594.jpg

or

65981_Boston_College_Virginia_Tech_Football.jpg

Maroon-Maroon- and THESE WHITE PANTS:

tyrod-acc-sideline.jpg

spacer.png

Michigan's uniforms suck.

I never thought I'd ever say that about uniforms worn by Michigan, but these are awful. Michigan is one of those teams that needs to have a traditional look for a bowl game. Otherwise, it just doesn't look like Michigan.

Michigan's uniforms suck.

I never thought I'd ever say that about uniforms worn by Michigan, but these are awful. Michigan is one of those teams that needs to have a traditional look for a bowl game. Otherwise, it just doesn't look like Michigan.

Those 2 blue stripes on Michigan's sleeves seem out of place. They don't match anything. What's the point? Maybe it's the fact that they are solid blue. Possibly blue stripes with gold trim or gold stripes with blue trim would've worked better. I don't know exactly what it is about these stripes, but they definitely look "off" on that uniform.

Va Tech on the other hand looks clean and classy. It's a very simple look and looks great in their traditional colors. Speaking of Va Tech, that's how shoulder stripes should look. I can't wait to see the Colts wearing the proper stripes on their jerseys again.

VaTech would be so much better if they had stripes on the helmet and pants too. Bland helmet and pants = too plain. Especially when they HAVE much better options.

I agree that VT looks fine, i just think that with the striped white pants and the helmet stripes from the Ga tech game that they would have looked even better... the solid white pants look like something they rolled out for practice. Thomas-No-9-Virginia-Tech-stop-Ga-Tech-0CJ2FO9-x-large.jpg

however the orange pants with maroon helmet maroon jersey would have looked pretty good too

Michigan alum here. I was on the fence about the Sugar Bowl uniform and still am. Michigan's road uniforms haven't been good for awhile. My all time favorite, Michigan road uniform/jersey were these:

EDWARDS.jpg

Archived