Bowl Mania: Uniform Edition

Bmac

[

Anyone know if LSU is wearing purple or white in the title game? I know they get to chose since higher ranking but just wondering if that was chosen/ announced yet

My assumption is that it they'll be in white regardless. They wear white at home, that's the primary jersey, so it would be a shocker for them to be in purple. It'd be like the Cowboys in navy in the Super Bowl.

That's what i figured but was just checking. Thanks!

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oklahoma State just doesn't look right in all-black. It doesn't look bad, per se, since it's not a BFBS uniform, but something about the uniform just seems off to me.

Maybe it's just because I absolutely loved that white-black-black combo they wore previously.

This.

Oklahoma State just doesn't look right in all-black. It doesn't look bad, per se, since it's not a BFBS uniform, but something about the uniform just seems off to me.

Maybe it's just because I absolutely loved that white-black-black combo they wore previously.

This.

It's not a terrible look like Oregon or ASU's all-blacks. I just think it could be better.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Congratulations to Oregon on their Rose Bowl win. Too bad you still looked like fools in the process.

^ SPAM

Spam because you're one of the Oregon worshippers?

IMO No, because it didn't further any discussion. Explain why they look like fools. That post was nothing more than a fan yelling, "You suck!". Um, ok.

And this is different than you yelling "You're the greatest, you can do no wrong!!"?

Absolutely not. Plus, I never once typed, "You're the greatest, you can do no wrong!!" I'm not a Ducks fan (I'm a Cougar alumni). I don't like 90% of their uniforms. I do love the genuineness in Nike's creation with this uniform design. They created an extremely reflective helmet that perfectly changed colors from daytime to nighttime. I love how the feathers on the jersey shoulders also had a slight reflective look as well as the uniqueness of the jersey number colors. Were they perfect, nope. I suppose a silver stripe on the pants along with the black stripe would've helped balance out the whole look during the day, but all-in-all, it was a success and I'm sure Adidas and UA will go back to the drawing boards to figure out how to make their own versions.

Very nice response, kudos!

But, missed the point entirely. My response wasn't about her liking or disliking the latest piece of Oregon-assisted Nike self-promotion. It as about her taking a shot a someone who didn't like it saying so in a quick post. CRichardson has a right to his/her opinion. Calling it "Spam" was flat out stupid. If someone jumping in to state a quick opinion is spam, then 80% of the post here are spam.

I re-edited the "SPAM" comment. :D

I thought Oregon looked very good. Though the darker green vent colors on the uniforms or whatever they were looked bad, but I loved the chromallusion numbers that changed from green to bronze. As far as the helmet goes, it didn't change color as it was a color chrome, so it was a black until light hit it and then you saw the chrome color. I liked the subtleness of Wisconsin's uniforms also. It was a fun game to watch from a game and a uniform design standpoint as you had the opposite ends of the spectrum in both game and design.

The two biggest things I noticed from that closeup, aside from the rose design (obviously):

1) The motion W going over the vent hole of the Revo speed helmet. Looks bad up close, especially with the ripple on that one.

2) The two red stripes are one big decal with white in the middle. That's interesting, makes sense as it would keep the spacing perfect, but I just never thought about it before I suppose.

ESPN managed tp get at least one good close-up of the Wisconsin "rose petal" helmet.

I like the subtlety.

wiscroses-1.jpg

Love the creativity in their helmet. But I find it odd that this hasn't been done in the past for the Rose Bowl. As creative as it is, it also seems so simple.

Love the creativity in their helmet. But I find it odd that this hasn't been done in the past for the Rose Bowl. As creative as it is, it also seems so simple.

It's the logical extension of past helmets that have included a rose. I love it. Far and away, Wisconsin's uniforms were superior to Oregon's in every way.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The two biggest things I noticed from that closeup, aside from the rose design (obviously):

1) The motion W going over the vent hole of the Revo speed helmet. Looks bad up close, especially with the ripple on that one.

2) The two red stripes are one big decal with white in the middle. That's interesting, makes sense as it would keep the spacing perfect, but I just never thought about it before I suppose.

Actually, my guess is its two red stripes with a transparent middle. You can see small transparent edges just outside the red.

When I worked in sports silkscreening, that's how we did it. Saved money. Any helmet color within a decal or stripe design was just left empty, and the helmet color showed thru the clear decal material.

Actually, my guess is its two red stripes with a transparent middle. You can see small transparent edges just outside the red.

When I worked in sports silkscreening, that's how we did it. Saved money. Any helmet color within a decal or stripe design was just left empty, and the helmet color showed thru the clear decal material.

yeah it is one decal with a clear middle.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

ESPN managed tp get at least one good close-up of the Wisconsin "rose petal" helmet.

I like the subtlety.

wiscroses-1.jpg

Probably because it would only work with a primarily red helmet logo. Take Oregon, for example. A rose design amongst any of their helmet decals would look weird as they're not red.

Not uniform related, but I thought it was neat how the Roses on the Gameday set had little logos painted on them. The white ones had Oregon's logo and the red had Wisconsin's.

Tough to see but you can see a little bit on the roses to the very right of this pic

dm_120102_ncf_rosebowl_analysis.jpg

Anyone else notice how espn had the correct graphics for origins helmet on the beginning?

Also did anyone else see the logo wisconsins band was using?? I think it would look pretty cool, but I'm also not a fan of the flying w so maybe I just like it because it's different..

Not uniform related, but I thought it was neat how the Roses on the Gameday set had little logos painted on them. The white ones had Oregon's logo and the red had Wisconsin's.

Tough to see but you can see a little bit on the roses to the very right of this pic

dm_120102_ncf_rosebowl_analysis.jpg

I saw it too. They put Wisconsin logos on both color roses on last year's set, but no TCU logos anywhere.

5325193392_64f9937dc2_b.jpg

5324586195_5a65422d10_b.jpg

I began to notice yesterday on several teams' helmets that the backs are getting really busy with different decals. Has it always been this way or is it a trend? Most teams at least had a BCS sticker and their conference sticker. Most had a couple others in addition to it.

Archived