NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

^ You can add Tampa Bay's pants (the pewter ones, anyway) to that group.

And..."fancypants". Nice. :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my stance on facemasks - my opinion; take it with a grain of salt:

Facemasks should either be the color of the helmet, or a darker color. Personally, I don't care for a facemask to be a lighter color than the helmet.

Gray should be avoided, unless it is a team color.

I consider the facemask to be part of the helmet itself; NOT a separate piece of equipment. Why draw attention to it as if it is an "add-on" of sorts to the helmet?

I would prefer the Giants to utilize Blue facemasks, the Chiefs to use Red facemasks, but the Patriots and Cowboys to both use Navy. Raiders should use Black. Redskins to use Burgundy. Cardinals - Red.

I'm curious if anyone else here feels this way; don't worry - I know most of you disagree with this!

I agree on some of these especially the one in bold. I like the Giants, Redskins, & Chiefs the way they are the rest could change I would love the Browns to go back to white since they wear the all white uniform alot now.

I know there were stories about how Nike had trouble matching the green, but I find it difficult to believe since they can match it on replica jerseys and other merch, and they don't even make the game jerseys to begin with so they could just use a manufacturer who can match it (like Rippon.)

Maybe, but I give some credence to it.

I bought a McCoy Jersey Shirt! Or what ever you call it. And the green in noticeably greener and more unsaturated that reebok's version of the color.

I'm watching the Eagles- Patriots game, and the Eagles have what looks like the same material jersey as last year's, but with Nike logos slapped on it.

Yep that and the Nfl shield were the only thing we changed. Packers and Raiders were the other teams that didn't change with us. Supposedly Nike couldn't make our green....hopefully that means we ditch it soon,

I don't believe for a second that Nike couldn't match that green.

In addition to the Packers, Raiders and Eagles, Atlanta and Carolina also decided to skip Nike's fancypants materials and keep their old construction.

Take a look at the Jets. I believe it. The Jets' uniforms are horrible this year. Even aside from the silly darkening sweat panels which most teams have, there are two distinctively different shades of green on the jerseys. And the Jets use a pretty standard shade. I can't imagine what crap Nike tried to peddle off to the Eagles under the guise of "welp, that's the best we can do if you wanna wear our super advanced fabric." I don't believe the claims for performance enhancement for a second, but I do believe that they couldn't match the Eagles' green based on their inability to match it for the Jets. That might be the primary reason the Packers told Nike to stick it, as they use(d) the same shade at the Jets.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

^ Nike sure doesn't seem to have an issue matching shades of fabric on those new Oregon Ducks kelly green jerseys.

Perhaps Nike missed a prime opportunity to convince Gang Green, with all of their shwooshingly persuasive propaganda, to switch back to kelly green. :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Facemasks should either be the color of the helmet, or a darker color. Personally, I don't care for a facemask to be a lighter color than the helmet.

I consider the facemask to be part of the helmet itself; NOT a separate piece of equipment. Why draw attention to it as if it is an "add-on" of sorts to the helmet?

I would prefer the Giants to utilize Blue facemasks, the Chiefs to use Red facemasks, but the Patriots and Cowboys to both use Navy. Raiders should use Black. Redskins to use Burgundy. Cardinals - Red.

I'm curious if anyone else here feels this way; don't worry - I know most of you disagree with this!

Yeah I disagree :grin: If a facemask can be a different color, and still fit in nicely with the rest of the uniform, than let it be a different color.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

^ Nike sure doesn't seem to have an issue matching shades of fabric on those new Oregon Ducks kelly green jerseys.

Perhaps Nike missed a prime opportunity to convince Gang Green, with all of their shwooshingly persuasive propaganda, to switch back to kelly green. :P

could it simply be they didn't like the sweat panels?..I know oregon's rose bowl jerseys looked terribly two toned as early as the 2nd qtr.

My thoughts exactly!

spacer.png

Yes!!! I hope so!

True2OB.png

Oh dear Lord here we go...yet the latest devolution into the Great (Grey Facemask) Debaters... :rolleyes:

e240217-1.gif

This is the NFL equivalent of the "Phillies should put 'Philadelphia' on their roads" discussion.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

You mean to tell me the company can produce uniforms that are 6.32* percent lighter when wet, 3.89* percent more breathable, 4.17* percent more durable, all to aid in keeping players 2.85* percent more cooler and helping them run 1.78* percent faster, can produce green/brown irridescent numbers for its favorite college football team...yet can't muster up the technology to match PMS 316???

What a farce, that swoosh. :P

* figures all arbitrarily pulled out of my ass...much like Nike and every other manufacturer does

Naw, those figures are all backed by science. How it applies to each individual is different, but used to full capacity, some of these things can increase the top end performance and efficiency of a human body. Of course, training harder can also do that, but when you inevitably hit the limits of your own body, when your body is at its absolute peak fitness level in its natural state, there's that performance technology in your gear that can essentially make your peak fitness level a little higher than it previously was. It might not make you faster per se, but it gives you the opportunity, so you can potentially be a little faster, and that can be the difference between Eli Manning being sacked or escaping and launching a bomb to David Tyree; a ball careening off Santonio Holmes' fingertips or him snagging a winning touchdown in the corner of the endzone.

Olympic athletes surely train better than their former counterparts, but they're also not running in wool athletic gear, either, which also has a profound effect. Look no further than the banned swimsuits that set all the records in 2009 to see the potential for gear to help human bodies achieve greater efficiency and performance.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

With the way that everyone here bashes Nike, Adidas, UA, Russell, etc it makes you wonder what they think the teams should wear. Long gone are the days of single color twill on a one color jersey for every team. I think even the traditionalists can be happy about that... and if they were still that simple, we wouldn't have much to discuss!

People need something to complain about, it's as simple as that.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

With the way that everyone here bashes Nike, Adidas, UA, Russell, etc it makes you wonder what they think the teams should wear. Long gone are the days of single color twill on a one color jersey for every team. I think even the traditionalists can be happy about that... and if they were still that simple, we wouldn't have much to discuss!

People need something to complain about, it's as simple as that.

Can't argue with that!

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

You know, there's something cool about being able to look at pics of a team taken 43 years apart and instantly recognize it's them.

5780998.jpg

6503722.jpg

Is the current red that much brighter? Looked better back in the day.

Is it different or is it the result of better video/picture technology?

You know, there's something cool about being able to look at pics of a team taken 43 years apart and instantly recognize it's them.

5780998.jpg

6503722.jpg

Is it different or is it the result of better video/picture technology?

Combination of the latter and the effects of the lighting in the dome I'd say.

5780998.jpg

6503722.jpg

I think I speak for many, many people when I say that this is - and has been - one of the best looks in all of football, at any level. The Chiefs have looked extraordinary since day one.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived