NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To go back a page or so, here's why you can't put a red facemask on the Giants helmets:

eli.png

A. It's garish and is an overload of that color on that space.

B. You lose the tie-in with the gray pants. The gray facemask is the only other gray element on the uniform besides the gray pants. Without one, the other looks silly.

C. It just looks so freaking semi-pro

and now cue posters coming in with "I dunna know. I kinda like it".

Idk I kinda like it.

Seriously though I think their whole set is near perfect especially now that they wear the away pants full time. And I absolutely love the helmet.

Arizona probably has the most generic helmet in the league. I looks like they picked it up from academy and put a sticker on it. With that being said idk how to improve on it and make everyone happy.

Oh dear Lord here we go...yet the latest devolution into the Great (Grey Facemask) Debaters... :rolleyes:

That's easy to derail. Watch.

482b964b76cc15260dabce2c2e0aee5b.jpg

Wait. Wrong level. Lemme try that again.

slaughter_display_image.jpg?1308679527135962264_extra_large.jpg

I just posted three of the most discussed uniforms in one. damn. post. Something's gotta give or the entire universe will fold in on itself.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Seriously though I think their whole set is near perfect especially now that they wear the away pants full time. And I absolutely love the helmet.

So did they ditch the 2nd pair with blue/red/blue stripe?

I have to disagree about them looking good... The home jerseys have no red. The road jerseys have no blue. Neither jersey has grey.

I have to disagree about them looking good... The home jerseys have no red. The road jerseys have no blue. Neither jersey has grey.

yeah im pretty sure their equipment manager said it. I understand the i guess "design theory" part about it not working but it just wors so well together imo. Always looks good on the field especially now that the stripes will look a little better.

ALSO idk if it's been mentioned, i skipped it if so, but i've seen a few Wr's wearing single digits. i dint hear anything about a rule change so i'm assuming the teams just ran out of 10-29 80-89 numbers.

I believe this look from the Bucs is the 2nd beat road uniform in the NFL behind this beauty:

texans-wp-3.jpg

I think you meant to post this version:

72709297_8.jpg?w=594

The color balance was something to be appreciated. It also avoided that dull, quasi-leotard look.

This version is much better, thanks!

A little history behind the blue socks with blue pants...in 2008 the Texans started the season 0-4 which included a postponed home opener due to Hurricane Ike (which ripped part of Reliant Stadium's roof to shreds) and a heartbreaking choke to the Colts in week four (forever known to Texans fans as the infamous "Rosencopter Game"). The following week against the Dolphins the players requested to wear the blue socks with the blue pants. I'm not sure if they wanted to change something, anything, to bring better luck to the team, or if they just hated the red socks.

Regardless, with 1:40 left in the game they were staring at 0-5, down by 5 with the entire field in front of them. For the first time all season the football gods smiled upon the Texans (the blue socks perhaps?) and they ended up winning on a fourth and goal touchdown with seven seconds left. They would win three games in a row (all wearing the blue socks with blue pants) to turn their season around....and the rest (including the red socks with blue pants) was history.

Which is sad, because I love the red socks...

unfortunately, yes.

They ditched the wrong pair - I never liked the 5-stripe pants. Too much.

A little history behind the blue socks with blue pants...in 2008 the Texans started the season 0-4 which included a postponed home opener due to Hurricane Ike (which ripped part of Reliant Stadium's roof to shreds) and a heartbreaking choke to the Colts in week four (forever known to Texans fans as the infamous "Rosencopter Game"). The following week against the Dolphins the players requested to wear the blue socks with the blue pants. I'm not sure if they wanted to change something, anything, to bring better luck to the team, or if they just hated the red socks.

Regardless, with 1:40 left in the game they were staring at 0-5, down by 5 with the entire field in front of them. For the first time all season the football gods smiled upon the Texans (the blue socks perhaps?) and they ended up winning on a fourth and goal touchdown with seven seconds left. They would win three games in a row (all wearing the blue socks with blue pants) to turn their season around....and the rest (including the red socks with blue pants) was history.

Which is sad, because I love the red socks...

Reason number 6097 why a group of players (short term employees, at best) should not be given a say in what a franchise will wear.

I have to disagree about the Giants looking good... The home jerseys have no red. The road jerseys have no blue. Neither jersey has grey.

And THAT is my favorite thing about the uniform.

Reason number 6097 why a group of players (short term employees, at best) should not be given a say in what a franchise will wear.

It's amazing how even more true that rings for college football.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Here's my stance on facemasks - my opinion; take it with a grain of salt:

Facemasks should either be the color of the helmet, or a darker color. Personally, I don't care for a facemask to be a lighter color than the helmet.

Gray should be avoided, unless it is a team color.

I consider the facemask to be part of the helmet itself; NOT a separate piece of equipment. Why draw attention to it as if it is an "add-on" of sorts to the helmet?

I would prefer the Giants to utilize Blue facemasks, the Chiefs to use Red facemasks, but the Patriots and Cowboys to both use Navy. Raiders should use Black. Redskins to use Burgundy. Cardinals - Red.

I'm curious if anyone else here feels this way; don't worry - I know most of you disagree with this!

It's amazing how even more true that rings for college football.

Except that what the player thinks of your uniforms can actually have an effect on the talent on your team.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

wait, what?

2012_SEA_D.png

2012_SEA_H.png

2012_SEA_L.png

I'm assuming you posted this for all of us that saw the debut of the new Seahawk uniform and said to ourselves, "it couldn't get any worse."

I saw this earlier and thought nothing of it. Plus keep the pants on guys...those combos will not happen because those are not even options for pants. Just the white, navy blue and he silver.

I'm watching the Eagles- Patriots game, and the Eagles have what looks like the same material jersey as last year's, but with Nike logos slapped on it.

Yep that and the Nfl shield were the only thing we changed. Packers and Raiders were the other teams that didn't change with us. Supposedly Nike couldn't make our green....hopefully that means we ditch it soon,

I know there were stories about how Nike had trouble matching the green, but I find it difficult to believe since they can match it on replica jerseys and other merch, and they don't even make the game jerseys to begin with so they could just use a manufacturer who can match it (like Rippon.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You mean to tell me the company can produce uniforms that are 6.32* percent lighter when wet, 3.89* percent more breathable, 4.17* percent more durable, all to aid in keeping players 2.85* percent more cooler and helping them run 1.78* percent faster, can produce green/brown irridescent numbers for its favorite college football team...yet can't muster up the technology to match PMS 316???

What a farce, that swoosh. :P

* figures all arbitrarily pulled out of my ass...much like Nike and every other manufacturer does

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm watching the Eagles- Patriots game, and the Eagles have what looks like the same material jersey as last year's, but with Nike logos slapped on it.

Yep that and the Nfl shield were the only thing we changed. Packers and Raiders were the other teams that didn't change with us. Supposedly Nike couldn't make our green....hopefully that means we ditch it soon,

I don't believe for a second that Nike couldn't match that green.

In addition to the Packers, Raiders and Eagles, Atlanta and Carolina also decided to skip Nike's fancypants materials and keep their old construction.

Archived