NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

wearing two pairs of socks makes someone a jackass? give me a break

I think the point is, you can wear two pairs of socks without it looking any different than it's supposed to look, according to the uniform guidelines, but most players double up on socks in a way that calls undue attention to their improper lower leg stylings.

Exactly. The Bears have three stripes on their socks and 6-10 inches of white should show beneath them. Marshall wearing two pairs of socks in a candy-cane stripe manner is ridiculous and a clear violation of the Bears' desired uniform.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

p13142385dt.jpg

Cowboys need to man up and start wearing this more often.

I hate the Cowboys, but I love this jersey. It just is more color coordinated with the rest of their uniform than their standard ugly white jersey.

Agreed. It's by far the best jersey in their set. I hope they make a matching white version someday.

Isn't that Cowboys blue jersey considered bad luck for them?

Well that gives them more reason to wear it.

spacer.png

Am I the only one who doesn't like the mandated white socks? I don't get why players need to have white socks over their team socks. Plus, everybody wears them at different lengths, which just looks ridiculous.

Charles Woodson's all green socks look better than other Packers who wear the white portion.

Green%2BBay%2BPackers%2Bv%2BArizona%2BCardinals%2BR8e3yHtXrn4l.jpgaaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers_4.jpg

Just have players wear one sock.

jNTsTyQ.png

p13142385dt.jpg

I hate the Cowboys, but I love this jersey. It just is more color coordinated with the rest of their uniform than their standard ugly white jersey.

Agreed. It's by far the best jersey in their set. I hope they make a matching white version someday.

Or gives us more reason to hope they wear it.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the mandated white socks? I don't get why players need to have white socks over their team socks. Plus, everybody wears them at different lengths, which just looks ridiculous.

Charles Woodson's all green socks look better than other Packers who wear the white portion.

Green%2BBay%2BPackers%2Bv%2BArizona%2BCardinals%2BR8e3yHtXrn4l.jpgaaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers_4.jpg

1) I disagree. I think Woodson's look is bad and goes against the established aesthetics of pro football. Rodgers' look is much cleaner and better.

2) The NFL makes actual one piece game socks which players are given. Nobody requires them to wear multiple pairs of socks. Many players wear tights instead of socks, others wear solid color socks, and some wear two or three pairs of socks cut up at various lengths (like Marshall). Woodson is wearing two separate pairs of green socks, for some reason.It looks like he cut the feet off of the over-the-knee pair.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

When I was younger I didn't like the white part an it's funny eastbay always had the packers pictured went hey sold them in the catalog. But yeah I think the solid look doesn't look professional ex. lions thanksgiving uniforms.

Weird how my opinions are totally different now than they were when I was a youth (said in joe pescis voice from my cousin vinny)

There should be a rule that the pants must cover the kneecap. Enough of the "bicycle shorts" look.

You'll get your wish next season. Knee and thigh pads will be mandatory and it'll be tough to wear a knee pad without covering your knee.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

1) I disagree. I think Woodson's look is bad and goes against the established aesthetics of pro football. Rodgers' look is much cleaner and better.

2) The NFL makes actual one piece game socks which players are given. Nobody requires them to wear multiple pairs of socks. Many players wear tights instead of socks, others wear solid color socks, and some wear two or three pairs of socks cut up at various lengths (like Marshall). Woodson is wearing two separate pairs of green socks, for some reason.It looks like he cut the feet off of the over-the-knee pair.

I love Woodson's look. I don't get the need for the white portion, especially when it's not a team color.

p13142385dt.jpg

We get it. You hate the Cowboys and white things. Yippee

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

JRX36.jpg

It can work.

I love those socks, in fact, when I play as the Lions in madden, I use these socks on their normal set.

spacer.png

JRX36.jpg

It can work.

I realize that teams have done it before. However, I don't think it looks good or professional. The move for teams eliminating sock stripes, combined with the NFL tacitly allowing players to wear solid color socks, has degraded the aesthetics of football. Look at the rest of a football uniform - supposedly advanced fabrics, color coordinated, striping and logos, and now some teams going with unique textures and finishes on helmets - obviously football uniforms are custom designed and very expensive. Then when you get to the socks, it's like they tossed out creativity and said, "Meh, I guess I could just wear some soccer socks or something."

OldRomanSig2.jpg

There should be a rule that the pants must cover the kneecap. Enough of the "bicycle shorts" look.

You'll get your wish next season. Knee and thigh pads will be mandatory and it'll be tough to wear a knee pad without covering your knee.

But there's no guarantee the pants will cover the knee pad. Players might pull their socks over the pad. :mad:

I realize that teams have done it before. However, I don't think it looks good or professional. The move for teams eliminating sock stripes, combined with the NFL tacitly allowing players to wear solid color socks, has degraded the aesthetics of football. Look at the rest of a football uniform - supposedly advanced fabrics, color coordinated, striping and logos, and now some teams going with unique textures and finishes on helmets - obviously football uniforms are custom designed and very expensive. Then when you get to the socks, it's like they tossed out creativity and said, "Meh, I guess I could just wear some soccer socks or something."

I whole-heartedly agree that more teams need to utilize stripes on their socks. But, I don't feel like the white portion makes the socks look more professional. I feel like the white part actually takes away from the socks, especially when the sock has stripes (like the Cheifs' red socks).

jNTsTyQ.png

Archived