NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

sidebar:

ive been a lurker/member for a long while. over the past few years, the cynicism and in-fighting has grown to comical levels. it's just childish at this point. too many people take themselves and their opinions too seriously. we're here because we have similar interests. instead of discussing and celebrating our common ground, this board tends to tear itself apart over the differences. its gross.

'im not a fan of these new helmets everyone is wearing. if every NFL player would just wear a 2-bar, molded Riddell lid... we'd be fine. i should know, i'm from the internet. btw, your opinion is stupid because it's different than mine.'

- every other post on CCSLC

whatev. carry on.

Cool story, bro. Blow it out your ass. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. And so forth.

thank you for proving my point. your contribution to this board is unrivaled.

SoCal

i post on numerous forums... have moderated several. manage social media for many clients... im a paid member of Something Awful, post on Joe Rogan's board, NT, PFT... all kinds of shady characters. im not immune to negative interactions. just because there are jerks everywhere, doesnt make it cool.

too many folks here post shlt just to read their own words, then flip on anyone else that does the same. at the end of the day, we're here to look at football helmets. no reason to be a cunnt. that's all im saying.

my skin is elephant thick. aside from Roman being a dick above, no one here has ever said a negative word to me. that doesnt mean these tough talking idiots shouldnt look in the mirror and evaluate their place in life. it's a message board, it's not that serious.

just an observation. nothing more, nothing less.

back on topic. sideline gear for the Pittsburgh 1933 throwbacks is looking good.

Nike-1933-Canvas-Destroyer-NFL-Steelers-Mens-Jacket-506629_204_A.jpg

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nike is on a MAJOR back order until at least September 15th. They were not expecting the NFL sales do the business it has done up to this point.

If this is true, then Nike is the biggest bunch of paste-eaters in sports. I've been interested to hear the reasons for Nike seemingly being well behind demand for their NFL product. "We had no idea so many people would be interested in purchasing NFL apparel" is far from a credible excuse.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Nike is on a MAJOR back order until at least September 15th. They were not expecting the NFL sales do the business it has done up to this point.

If this is true, then Nike is the biggest bunch of paste-eaters in sports. I've been interested to hear the reasons for Nike seemingly being well behind demand for their NFL product. "We had no idea so many people would be interested in purchasing NFL apparel" is far from a credible excuse.

Nike was ridiculously unprepared for all of this. You would expect much more from a world-class company like them.

back on topic. sideline gear for the Pittsburgh 1933 throwbacks is looking good.

Nike-1933-Canvas-Destroyer-NFL-Steelers-Mens-Jacket-506629_204_A.jpg

This is excellent.

That sounds like a comically bad PR quote. "We paid $50 million a year for this contract, but we didn't really expect the sales to be all that good." However, I can't decide if that sounds better or worse than "Hold your horses. We can't keep up!" I can see how it would be frustrating as a retailer or consumer, but I think they've done an admirable job considering they've had 18 months to build an NFL retail business from zero to full speed ahead.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Didn't we have people swearing up and down that all that overpriced Nike stuff was gathering dust on shelves?

I think they expected a rush on some products - they seem to be well-stocked with Packers jerseys - but weren't expecting a similar rush across the board. That bodes pretty well for their sales, and indicates popular support is in their favor.

LOL@ Joe Rogan. When you come out of nowhere to say, "I don't really post here, but you guys are poo poo heads," you come off looking like a jackass. Sorry. And I invite you, once again, to blow it out your ass and just stay at those much superior message boards.

Roman and I agree.

Which might be a first, and therefore puts the lie to JoeRogan's post.

Didn't we have people swearing up and down that all that overpriced Nike stuff was gathering dust on shelves?

I think they expected a rush on some products - they seem to be well-stocked with Packers jerseys - but weren't expecting a similar rush across the board. That bodes pretty well for their sales, and indicates popular support is in their favor.

Yeah, I wouldn't be too surprised at all that the sales are actually exceeding what Nike thought. They were probably on point with how many jerseys they'd sell for a team like the Seahawks who went through a redesign. But it's hard to predict the sales for most teams where the only change was the template. It's entirely possible that there are a lot more people buying jerseys just because they're produced by Nike now than Nike thought there would be. They don't want to produce way more jerseys than will be sold just in case their sales are way higher than expected.

It's also possible that Nike didn't produce as much as they thought they might need to make it seem like they are more in demand than they actually are. My guess is that sales really are much higher than they expected and they just didn't produce enough.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

What is interesting to me is that what I've heard from retailers is that they are struggling to sell a lot of items, especially jerseys because of the high price points.

The issue is that that Nike has had fulfillment problems from the start and many retailers are still waiting to receive parts of their initial orders, some of which were supposed to be fulfilled by May. I find that very concerning. Some items that are backordered are not so as a result of retailers requesting more, but that they never got what they ordered in the first batch. Most places still don't have the Limited jerseys that were promised in June. Some received some Limited jerseys, but far fewer than they ordered.

I'm hearing this from local and regional retailers in places like Nashville, Atlanta and Charlotte and smaller markets near those places. Many places are reporting numbers similar to Reebok days. There was an initial run on some Nike products like t-shirts, but the jerseys weren't ready to go on day one, and the price point has proven to be a little high, especially on kids' jerseys.

Another thing I find interesting is the decrease in product available at some national chains. Foot Locker, Champs and Finish Line all used to carry a wide selection of NFL jerseys and gear, not so much this year. I've seen some Champs locations that still have a selection of it, but it's much more limited and focuses mainly on the closest NFL team.

LOL@ Joe Rogan. When you come out of nowhere to say, "I don't really post here, but you guys are poo poo heads," you come off looking like a jackass. Sorry. And I invite you, once again, to blow it out your ass and just stay at those much superior message boards.

Roman and I agree.

Which might be a first, and therefore puts the lie to JoeRogan's post.

I agree with Old Roman and therefore Gothamite too, which means somebody must be selling overcoats in hell. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

The compression shirts separate from jerseys is the best compromise if you want that look. Yes, players in the 30s, 40s, 50s, etc. wore sleeves. You also didn't have the passing game that you do now. Sleeves ARE a hindrance to movement when the jersey covers today's pads.

But Quarterbacks are the last players today who still generally wear the longer sleeves. So, it isn't about the passing game (at least not from the QBs point of view).

The few that have sleeves barely have them below the shoulder pad, though. The length isn't anywhere near the "traditional" sleeve length. And even still (using this QB because I've seen him do it...not sure with others), Tony Romo tugs at his sleeves all the damn time.

Yeah, I wouldn't be too surprised at all that the sales are actually exceeding what Nike thought. They were probably on point with how many jerseys they'd sell for a team like the Seahawks who went through a redesign. But it's hard to predict the sales for most teams where the only change was the template. It's entirely possible that there are a lot more people buying jerseys just because they're produced by Nike now than Nike thought there would be. They don't want to produce way more jerseys than will be sold just in case their sales are way higher than expected.

It's also possible that Nike didn't produce as much as they thought they might need to make it seem like they are more in demand than they actually are. My guess is that sales really are much higher than they expected and they just didn't produce enough.

I would say it's unlikely for a company of that magnitude to set a modestly low sales goal for what is A. the biggest league on the continent and B. a contract they paid so much for. I would say it is possible for the shipments to be timed so that people are always wanting more. That at least makes economic sense in some ways. From what BRice says, though, it seems their service reputation precedes them to a degree. I don't know how much stuff they print in the U.S., but increasing that would alleviate some of the wait times.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I would say it's unlikely for a company of that magnitude to set a modestly low sales goal for what is A. the biggest league on the continent and B. a contract they paid so much for. I would say it is possible for the shipments to be timed so that people are always wanting more. That at least makes economic sense in some ways. From what BRice says, though, it seems their service reputation precedes them to a degree. I don't know how much stuff they print in the U.S., but increasing that would alleviate some of the wait times.

There is precedent with Nike:

Fuel band, Elite socks, Lebron/KD signature shoes, etc.

There is precedent with Nike:

Fuel band, Elite socks, Lebron/KD signature shoes, etc.

You can also add Flyknit running shoes to the list. One of my local stores aren't able to get any until January and they're only getting 18 pairs.

Archived