NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like I said "JUST SOME" wore colored cleats. You're complaining about a few guys looking like clowns but its been the case for some years already.

No, it hasn't been the case for years.

I watch football every Sunday and have for 20 years. Teams had to look alike. Everyone did. And if a few of them didn't, they got to make a donation to the league. Which meant, they probably didn't do it again.

Arian Foster has never worn black shoes with the Texans. Maybe he'll sport some dope navy and red shoes this year though.

NFL rules were strict in their uniform guidelines. And if you wanted to look like a individual (like Chad Ocho Cinco/Johnson would on occasion) they got fined and usually changed shoes at halftime.

The NFL has sold-out to Nike. And that is a damn shame.

The Cowboys tonight look like a professional team. Even with their horribly mismatched uniform colors. At least they all have light-colored/white shoes on.

The Giants have half of their team in black shoes and about half in those sorry looking grey things (which come off as white on TV), Nike thinks look good. They look like a NBA rec-league team. Which is sad, since the Giants have always tried to be a very traditional team (and their uniforms today harken back to the olden days). If there is a team in the NFL that should be wearing black shoes with their current uniform, its the Giants. That's tradition.

I count 5 different colored cleats for the giants. White, black, blue, red, & grey.

I don't see anyone in red or blue shoes. There might be some accented red and blue out there.

Most of the "white" shoes you may be seeing are those ugly grey things, that come off as white on TV. Most of the Giants skill players are wearing them. What a shocker.

BTW, the team shoe for the Giants (as shown in the new uniform presentation) was blue/red with some grey. I don't see many of them.

And like the Dallas Cowboys have ever-so-slightly cleaned up their star mark (for 2012), and no one will notice.

So, now that the season has started, what did they do?

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Like I said "JUST SOME" wore colored cleats. You're complaining about a few guys looking like clowns but its been the case for some years already.

I watch football every Sunday and have for 20 years. Teams had to look alike. Everyone did. And if a few of them didn't, they got to make a donation to the league. Which meant, they probably didn't do it again.

Arian Foster has never worn black shoes with the Texans. Maybe he'll sport some dope navy and red shoes this year though.

NFL rules were strict in their uniform guidelines. And if you wanted to look like a individual (like Chad Ocho Cinco/Johnson would on occasion) they got fined and usually changed shoes at halftime.

The Cowboys tonight look like a professional team. Even with their horribly mismatched uniform colors. At least they all have light-colored/white shoes on.

The Giants have half of their team in black shoes and about half in those sorry looking grey things (which come off as white on TV), Nike thinks look good. They look like a NBA rec-league team. Which is sad, since the Giants have always tried to be a very traditional team (and their uniforms today harken back to the olden days). If there is a team in the NFL that should be wearing black shoes with their current uniform, its the Giants. That's tradition.

Sorry I've been watching football for 25+ years and vivid remember Ronnie Lott and other skill players of the era wearing black soccer cleats while the rest of the team wore white,Walter Payton wearing white tape spatted black Roos, Mean Joe wearing yellow/black high tops, and the aforementioned Joe Namath busting out the white in a sea of black.

Footwear does not have the lengthy tradition of uniformity as some would make it out to be. Maybe since 1990 but that's it.

In watching this first game of the season (which has been pretty terrible so far, to be honest), I wonder why if Nike wanted to force this "team shoe" thing on the NFL, why they just didn't do it this way...

For those teams who were black shoe teams, keep about half of the shoe black (lets say the back half of the shoe, in the current construction) and put the team color (for the Giants, lets say royal blue) on the front half of the shoe. Maybe have another "team color" as the color of the swoosh (for the Giants, make it grey).

For those teams who were white shoe teams, keep half of the shoe white (back half) and half team color (for the Cowboys, it would be navy blue, I guess) with a blue swoosh.

Thus, you could keep the integrity of the team uniform shoe color, while giving a little "color" to said black or white shoe. So the Giants would still all be wearing black shoes. But Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz could have the option of wearing another partial black shoe with some team color enhancements.

Sorry I've been watching football for 25+ years and vivid remember Ronnie Lott and other skill players of the era wearing black soccer cleats while the rest of the team wore white,Walter Payton wearing white tape spatted black Roos, Mean Joe wearing yellow/black high tops, and the aforementioned Joe Namath busting out the white in a sea of black.

Footwear does not have the lengthy tradition of uniformity as some would make it out to be. Maybe since 1990 but that's it.

This.

And Arian foster has worn blak cleats before and often wears black tape which is too against the uniform violations an gives off the same look as black cleats which youre complaining about.

I think Jason written is wearing team colored cleats and DeZ has some that are mostly blue.

Giants offense looks fine I've seen maybe one player with black cleats. Defense looks pretty bad though it's almost a fifty fifty split.

There's also been people wearing solid colored socks, gotten fined and continued to do it. These dudes make millions, a tax write off to charity isn't gonna do much.

Also not part of the argument but I saw a pic of demarco Murray wearing white and red cleats. I'm about 99% sure they weren't pink. Anyone know anything about this??

So, the earliest of your recollections of renegade footwear is about 1987.

That's 25 years ago. That's a pretty long era of uniformity since.

Nobody wore black shoes in the 1980's. The Vikings did in the early 80's, but that's it. Its why Ronnie Lott stood out so much. Many of the Jets were wearing white shoes when Namath did. It wasn't that big of a deal then.

The hope with this is that most teams won't stand out so much like the Giants do. The grey shoes really contrast with the black shoes. Doesn't look good at all. At least with teams like the Falcons, Colts, Jaguars, Ravens, Raiders and Bengals, that the Nike "team shoe" will look similar to the real "team shoe" of the actual team.

And Arian foster has worn blak cleats before and often wears black tape which is too against the uniform violations

Giants offense looks fine I've seen maybe one player with black cleats. Defense looks pretty bad though it's almost a fifty fifty split.

Arian Foster was probably wearing white shoes, with black accents. A lot of white shoes today, have a lot of black on them. They are listed in Eastbay and other retailers as being "white" (and are then distributed to teams who are white shoe teams) but have a lot of color on them.

I've seen Foster play many times, and he's always had white shoes on when I've seen him play. In fact, I've never seen a Texans player in black shoes.

Here is a break down of the Giants offense:

Manning- grey shoes

Nicks- grey shoes

Cruz- grey shoes

Bennett- grey shoes

The Left Tackle- grey shoes

Bradshaw- grey shoes

Most of the other lineman- black shoes

Wilson- black shoes

As bad as their offense looks in the 1st half, maybe they need to get back to uniformity again. The individual stuff, isn't working out too well.

Nobody wore black shoes in the 1980's. The Vikings did in the early 80's, but that's it.

I'm just gonna leave this right here.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

And Arian foster has worn blak cleats before and often wears black tape which is too against the uniform violations

Arian Foster was probably wearing white shoes, with black accents. A lot of white shoes today, have a lot of black on them. They are listed in Eastbay and other retailers as being "white" (and are then distributed to teams who are white shoe teams) but have a lot of color on them.

I've seen Foster play many times, and he's always had white shoes on when I've seen him play. In fact, I've never seen a Texans player in black shoes.

Here is a break down of the Giants offense:

Manning- grey shoes

Nicks- grey shoes

Cruz- grey shoes

Bennett- grey shoes

The Left Tackle- grey shoes

Bradshaw- grey shoes

Most of the other lineman- black shoes

Wilson- black shoes

As bad as their offense looks in the 1st half, maybe they need to get back to uniformity again. The individual stuff, isn't working out too well.

127875167_crop_450x500.jpg?1317587924

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/wp-content/blogs.dir/2348/files/ranking-the-texans/19kevin-walter.jpg

1. Foster's picture is from "Pink Month" from the NFL. Lots of players, go nuts with the pink stuff during that month and the league has basically let them do whatever they want.

Foster has never worn black shoes, in any other month.

2. Those are white shoes. As I said, a lot of white shoes today have a lot of color on them. Those are white shoes (as listed on any retailers sheet), with navy accents.

Shoes don't really bother me because it's such a little factor to the actual uniform. Besides most players wrap them up and you only see about half of the shoe. If shoes are you're biggest problem with the new Nike uniforms then I'd say Nike did a pretty good job. (Provided thats not inclueding the collars)

Nobody wore black shoes in the 1980's. The Vikings did in the early 80's, but that's it.

I'm just gonna leave this right here.

Leave it there Sodboy.

27 of the 28 teams in the NFL in the 1980's wore white shoes. Only the Vikes were wearing black shoes in the early 1980's.

"Nobody" is a figure of speech. "Nobody" did in the NFL and "Nobody" did in college. White shoes were everywhere.

White shoes look infinitely better in my opinion. White shoes with the primary color for logos, soles, whatever. Players look faster with white. Clashes less because every team has white. Not every team has black. Good thing Madden lets me change them permanently.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

1. Foster's picture is from "Pink Month" from the NFL. Lots of players, go nuts with the pink stuff during that month and the league has basically let them do whatever they want.

Foster has never worn black shoes, in any other month.

2. Those are white shoes. As I said, a lot of white shoes today have a lot of color on them. Those are white shoes (as listed on any retailers sheet), with navy accents.

My point is he has worn black. And the tape he wears makes his shoes look black thus making him stick out.

I understand what you're saying. Those are black cleats. As are the Nike ones the ravens player behind him has.

Here's a video showing the process of making the Limited jerseys:

Also, I noticed that the Chiefs don't have a Limited jersey for sale. At first I thought it was because they don't use the flywire collar, but there are other teams that don't use it who have the jerseys for sale. Anyone have any insight?

Todd Van Horne always cracks me up. He's like the guy you picture when you think about brand spokesmen. He's so vividly animated and perfectly scripted when he talks about these football uniforms.

But, to the point, I think the fit looks great in the video. The problem, all those guys are NFL players. Few people in the real world are that jacked. The Limited Jersey likely won't look like a tailored streetwear piece on Average Joe.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived