NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

Could this end up being a bigger problem with the Nike uniforms than the Sweat-Gut?

Say hello to Sweat-Butt:

A2YOetZCAAEbGq0.png

All I can say is, at least they doubled up the part that covers the ass crack. Some of the Saints linemen's pants were a strange hybrid color of brown, grey and gold by the end of the game.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh jeez, Paul Lukas is going to have a field day with that.

Good thing I don't read Uni Watch anymore.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

During the Redskins/Saints game, it appeared most of the Redskins players wore team colored shoes. Would have looked much better with the plain stripless socks. The striped socks were noticable brighter than the burgundy on the shoes and jerseys.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

During the Redskins/Saints game, it appeared most of the Redskins players wore team colored shoes. Would have looked much better with the plain stripless socks. The striped socks were noticable brighter than the burgundy on the shoes and jerseys.

I agree it was a bit of overload.

Just as noticeable was RGIII's all black cleats. This is odd because he was shown with super fancy Adidas Redskins colored cleats in promo shots, and we have seen team color Under Armor cleats. I guess Adidas just isn't allowed to have logos on field? Strange, but super jarring.

I'm starting to feel very strongly about this:

Black < Colors < White

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I thought the team-color shoes the Redskins were wearing looked great. Of course, they were really noticeable in those colors. I'm guessing that they'll be much less noticeable on other teams who have more muted colors, or, like the Tampa Bay/Carolina game right now, aren't playing in sunlight.

EDIT: Re: Sweatbutt - I am such a very, very big fan of the pewter pants right now. I was anyway, but they appear to also avoid the sweatbutt problem. Which is very good right now, since every last player on the field is completely soaked.

Just as noticeable was RGIII's all black cleats. This is odd because he was shown with super fancy Adidas Redskins colored cleats in promo shots, and we have seen team color Under Armor cleats. I guess Adidas just isn't allowed to have logos on field? Strange, but super jarring.

Black < Colors < White

I never understood why the Redskins made the switch to black shoes some years ago. Pretty sure they came about in the Jim Zorn era. The white shoes with bugrundy accents looked way better. Honestly, after seeing the burgundy and gold shoes today I'd be a big fan of the Redskins pulling off these combos (if the league allows teams to alternate shoes).

Home: Burgundy jerseys, gold pants, plain/stripless burgundy socks, team colored shoes.

Road: White jerseys, burgundy pants, white striped socks, white shoes with burgundy accents

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Black < Colors < White

I never understood why the Redskins made the switch to black shoes some years ago. Pretty sure they came about in the Jim Zorn era. The white shoes with bugrundy accents looked way better. Honestly, after seeing the burgundy and gold shoes today I'd be a big fan of the Redskins pulling off these combos (if the league allows teams to alternate shoes).

Home: Burgundy jerseys, gold pants, plain/stripless burgundy socks, team colored shoes.

Road: White jerseys, burgundy pants, white striped socks, white shoes with burgundy accents

Just checked.

Black shoes debuted in the final year of Gibbs 2.0 (2007). Horrible change as I look back.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Looks like there are combinations of pants out there for Denver. Manning is wearing the extended belt loop that obstructs the pant stripe and there are assorted lineman and wide recievers that do not have it and their pants stripe is totally exposed.

Poor continuity Nike. Sloppy. And the sweaty pants...

41j9xjzmfgl_ss500_.jpg

Looks like there are combinations of pants out there for Denver. Manning is wearing the extended belt loop that obstructs the pant stripe and there are assorted lineman and wide recievers that do not have it and their pants stripe is totally exposed.

I don't think that's an official variant so much as the compotents being fixed (belt loop over the hip, stripe down the side of the leg) and linemen with much bigger waistbands have as a consequence extra material between the two components where a relatively slender player does not.

I don't think that's an official variant so much as the compotents being fixed (belt loop over the hip, stripe down the side of the leg) and linemen with much bigger waistbands have as a consequence extra material between the two components where a relatively slender player does not.

I would agree with that but there are cornerbacks and Wide receivers that do not have the belt loop and I see linebackers that do. Even smaller players are not using it.

I thought the team-color shoes the Redskins were wearing looked great.

Yes, they looked dope. Nothing cooler then seeing players in yellow shoes.

I thought Jacksonville's teal shoes were really strong too. Really makes you look tough.

Some of these teams look amazingly lame, with this "team shoe" concept. Especially when only half of the team are matching. What a great decision by the NFL and Nike!!!

Maybe next year, we can have team colored jocks as well.

Maybe next year, we can have team colored jocks as well.

We're gonna need 'em with these see-through pants.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Mr. Lukas weighs in today on the "team shoe" fiasco...

"Some of them are wretched (I’m sure you can guess which ones I slot under that heading), but I think some of them look fine, or even better than fine — at least when viewed in a vacuum. The problem is that now each team has a total crazy quilt of footwear colors. You’ve got one guy wearing black, the next guy wearing red, and the next guy wearing gold — it’s a mess."

Amen, brother. A total rec-league, individualistic, unprofessional mess.

Archived