NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah but no teams had actually worn them, what they're saying is it might indicate the whole team wearing them.

Donald driver tweeted a pic of his custom green and yellow nikes as well, maybe the whole team switches...?

About the sales maybe nike didn't anticipate all the big offseason moves, I would imagine Peyton, luck, rg3, Tebow, all would have a huge impact in jersey sales.

Didn't we have people swearing up and down that all that overpriced Nike stuff was gathering dust on shelves?

I think they expected a rush on some products - they seem to be well-stocked with Packers jerseys - but weren't expecting a similar rush across the board. That bodes pretty well for their sales, and indicates popular support is in their favor.

Yeah, I wouldn't be too surprised at all that the sales are actually exceeding what Nike thought. They were probably on point with how many jerseys they'd sell for a team like the Seahawks who went through a redesign. But it's hard to predict the sales for most teams where the only change was the template. It's entirely possible that there are a lot more people buying jerseys just because they're produced by Nike now than Nike thought there would be. They don't want to produce way more jerseys than will be sold just in case their sales are way higher than expected.

It's also possible that Nike didn't produce as much as they thought they might need to make it seem like they are more in demand than they actually are. My guess is that sales really are much higher than they expected and they just didn't produce enough.

I would say it's unlikely for a company of that magnitude to set a modestly low sales goal for what is A. the biggest league on the continent and B. a contract they paid so much for. I would say it is possible for the shipments to be timed so that people are always wanting more. That at least makes economic sense in some ways. From what BRice says, though, it seems their service reputation precedes them to a degree. I don't know how much stuff they print in the U.S., but increasing that would alleviate some of the wait times.

Andrews right. It's simple supply and demand. It is always better to run out of stock then to have too much. I would bet that this isn't just some happy accident.

jNTsTyQ.png

Yeah but no teams had actually worn them, what they're saying is it might indicate the whole team wearing them.

Donald driver tweeted a pic of his custom green and yellow nikes as well, maybe the whole team switches...?

When was this? I know he wore them in the Pro Bowl.

I don't think so. That's a Nike thing. Players that wear Reebok, UA, Adidas could still very well wear black or white cleats.

Go A's!

They could, but i woukd imagine the teams would prefer all or nothing and i know rg3 had some maroon and yellow cleats for a photoshoot so i mean the non nike manufacturers can easily produce them in team colors id imagine.

Donald driver tweeted a few pics a few days ago that us nike football retweeted. So idk if hes gonna wear them or not, i wouldnt be surprised though.

Didn't we have people swearing up and down that all that overpriced Nike stuff was gathering dust on shelves?

I think they expected a rush on some products - they seem to be well-stocked with Packers jerseys - but weren't expecting a similar rush across the board. That bodes pretty well for their sales, and indicates popular support is in their favor.

Yeah, I wouldn't be too surprised at all that the sales are actually exceeding what Nike thought. They were probably on point with how many jerseys they'd sell for a team like the Seahawks who went through a redesign. But it's hard to predict the sales for most teams where the only change was the template. It's entirely possible that there are a lot more people buying jerseys just because they're produced by Nike now than Nike thought there would be. They don't want to produce way more jerseys than will be sold just in case their sales are way higher than expected.

It's also possible that Nike didn't produce as much as they thought they might need to make it seem like they are more in demand than they actually are. My guess is that sales really are much higher than they expected and they just didn't produce enough.

I would say it's unlikely for a company of that magnitude to set a modestly low sales goal for what is A. the biggest league on the continent and B. a contract they paid so much for. I would say it is possible for the shipments to be timed so that people are always wanting more. That at least makes economic sense in some ways. From what BRice says, though, it seems their service reputation precedes them to a degree. I don't know how much stuff they print in the U.S., but increasing that would alleviate some of the wait times.

There is precedent with Nike:

Fuel band, Elite socks, Lebron/KD signature shoes, etc.

That's what I'm saying. They don't have the best reputation among retailers for getting product to the shelves. Leaves people wanting more, of course, but also leaves retailers frustrated, I'd imagine. I'm sure they're not the only ones that keep the backorders flowing, either. Like someone else said, it's never good to have extra stuff sitting on the shelf, economically speaking, of course.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

As much as I hate the Bills, those cleats are a thing of beauty. I hope more teams do it.

Yes, lets get the whole league to look like clowns.

I'm sorry, do you have a problem with progress? Teams don't need to wear black or white shoes anymore. The manufacturing process has progressed, and so has personal taste. Players like the way colored cleats look, and they've been adding colors to their shoes to the limit of those archaic NFL rules dictating a team needs to wear "primarily" black or white shoes. About time to get in line with the 21st century and realize that this is the look the players prefer, this is how they'd rather dress on the field, and that's what truly matters.

But I guess you're the sort who'd prefer that the whole league throw 'em back to the days before shoes were made of composite materials. You'd probably also like to see single-bar facemasks and Durene jerseys, with no player allowed on the field unless the jersey sleeve reaches clear down to his elbow, just because that's how it was when you were watching Howard Cosell call the game on your 600-pound Zenith System 3 cabinet set back in 19-dickety-4. Times are changing, man. About time you got with 'em.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

As much as I hate the Bills, those cleats are a thing of beauty. I hope more teams do it.

Should every team go back to wearing grey facemasks too?

If manufacturers can make colored cleats, why not wear them? I don't mind if some teams with traditional uniforms want to keep the black & white. But colored cleats can look a lot better.

If manufacturers can make colored cleats, why not wear them? They look a lot better than plain black/white.

Cause they look stupid, son.

And no, they don't look a lot better then plain black/white. They look friggin' ridiculous. Yes, lets have 45 guys in uniform (you understand what "UNIFORM" means?) and have 8 clowns in red/blue shoes.

Buffalo will have a few clowns wearing red/blue shoes (Tyler Thigpen being one, if he actually dresses for the game) and the rest looking like a team should.

The LAST thing the NFL needs to do is follow the NBA lead, of letting their inmates run the asylum. The NBA looks like a rec league now.

Why not have 45 guys in white helmets and 8 other guys in red helmets while we are it?

One of the best things the NFL did, is have strict uniform guidelines. They better not screw that up.

1. I'm sorry, do you have a problem with progress?

2. Teams don't need to wear black or white shoes anymore.

3. About time to get in line with the 21st century and realize that this is the look the players prefer, this is how they'd rather dress on the field, and that's what truly matters.

4. Times are changing, man. About time you got with 'em.

1. Progress? What progress? You mean looking like idiots? Yes, lets let players were whatever they want. Hell, if they want to go bearfoot, lets let them. Maybe they can wear colored cowboy boots too.

2. Nah, they have only been doing that for about 70 years. At every level of football.

3. So, looking tacky and like clowns is "21st century-ish". The players will do whatever they are allowed to do. Whatever can get them "some attention". Its what media-hores like Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens crave. There is a classy way of looking and a goofball way of looking.

4. No, times aren't changing. There are only going to be a few stragglers who go with the "team shoe" concept. And it will pass quickly. Black shoes and white shoes aren't going anywhere. Thank God.

You want the "team shoe" concept? Some of them look "OK". Then have every single player on your team wear them. All 47 or however dress on gameday, in the same colored shoe. Put Buffalo in all red/blue shoes. If they think that looks good, then go for it. I don't think the 340 LB lineman, are going to be too keen on wearing red shoes. But everyone should do it, or nobody should.

It should be for everyone, or nobody. Everyone should be in uniform. And your shoes are as much a part of your uniform as your helmet, jersey, pants and socks. That's my major problem with it.

I agree that it should be all or none. I think the team color shoes would look really good for many of the teams, but it'll look silly to see 10 guys in red-white-blue shoes and 40 in black or white. Shoes are a more personal decision than the other parts of the uniform and will never truly be "uniform", but matching the base colors is pretty close.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm sorry, do you have a problem with progress? Teams don't need to wear black or white shoes anymore. The manufacturing process has progressed, and so has personal taste. Players like the way colored cleats look, and they've been adding colors to their shoes to the limit of those archaic NFL rules dictating a team needs to wear "primarily" black or white shoes. About time to get in line with the 21st century and realize that this is the look the players prefer, this is how they'd rather dress on the field, and that's what truly matters.

But I guess you're the sort who'd prefer that the whole league throw 'em back to the days before shoes were made of composite materials. You'd probably also like to see single-bar facemasks and Durene jerseys, with no player allowed on the field unless the jersey sleeve reaches clear down to his elbow, just because that's how it was when you were watching Howard Cosell call the game on your 600-pound Zenith System 3 cabinet set back in 19-dickety-4. Times are changing, man. About time you got with 'em.

OK, does anybody else get the bizzaro world thing going on here?

Yes and I think Sod should get a POTD ribbon for it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The joke

------------------

Most people's head.

Sodboy was just bergan'd dennisbergan. At least I think that's what's going on.

Yes and I think Sod should get a POTD ribbon for it.

Seconded.

Excellent. Thirded for post of the day.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

It angers me to no end that nobody seems to have a size L Robert Griffin III Game Jersey in White. Not to mention only having Dark Orakpo and Kerrigan Limiteds.

>

If I were a big Redskins fan like you I'd be clamoring to get my hands on one of those authentic elite Redskins 80th anniversary jerseys more so than a white one.

It's simply a thing a beauty!

BTW, I believe size 'L' is not in big demand, not a big seller which is why you may be having trouble. Most cold weather cities, the fans want larger jerseys so they can fit sweatshirts underneath the jerseys as the weather quickly turns cooler once October comes around. Plus the home color jerseys always seem to be in higher demand than the away whites, except for maybe the Cowboys.

Redskins-80th-Anniversary-Uniforms-Orakpo-Kerrigan.jpg

1. I'm sorry, do you have a problem with progress?

2. Teams don't need to wear black or white shoes anymore.

3. About time to get in line with the 21st century and realize that this is the look the players prefer, this is how they'd rather dress on the field, and that's what truly matters.

4. Times are changing, man. About time you got with 'em.

1. Progress? What progress? You mean looking like idiots? Yes, lets let players were whatever they want. Hell, if they want to go bearfoot, lets let them. Maybe they can wear colored cowboy boots too.

2. Nah, they have only been doing that for about 70 years. At every level of football.

3. So, looking tacky and like clowns is "21st century-ish". The players will do whatever they are allowed to do. Whatever can get them "some attention". Its what media-hores like Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens crave. There is a classy way of looking and a goofball way of looking.

4. No, times aren't changing. There are only going to be a few stragglers who go with the "team shoe" concept. And it will pass quickly. Black shoes and white shoes aren't going anywhere. Thank God.

You want the "team shoe" concept? Some of them look "OK". Then have every single player on your team wear them. All 47 or however dress on gameday, in the same colored shoe. Put Buffalo in all red/blue shoes. If they think that looks good, then go for it. I don't think the 340 LB lineman, are going to be too keen on wearing red shoes. But everyone should do it, or nobody should.

It should be for everyone, or nobody. Everyone should be in uniform. And your shoes are as much a part of your uniform as your helmet, jersey, pants and socks. That's my major problem with it.

seinfeld.gif

omg, someone gets it

Archived