NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

Redskins white over gold somehow looks bad this year compared to last. Not a fan. I think it's the flywire. Bring back the burgundy pants!! :cursing: But I think they want to wait to bring out the great burgundy over gold look.

Home - Burgundy over Gold

Road - White over Burgundy

+1.

spacer.png

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

d_sunny.gif

Redskins white over gold somehow looks bad this year compared to last. Not a fan. I think it's the flywire. Bring back the burgundy pants!! :cursing: But I think they want to wait to bring out the great burgundy over gold look.

Home - Burgundy over Gold

Road - White over Burgundy

+1.

My feelings are that the Redskins should have white, burgundy, and gold pants.

Mix it up at home and away ... this way any of the combos don't get old and tiring.

The burgundy jersey looks good with both the white pants and the yellow.

White jersey should sometimes be yellow pants, sometimes burgundy pants ... it keeps it interesting that way.

Some teams don't have that luxury, like KC ... who should always be in red-white at home, and white-red on the road, and NEVER EVER white on white

I can't wait to see the Redskins in those throwbacks. Please let it be a sunny d_sunny.gif the day when they wear them !!

The Redskins are almost as big a mess as the Cowboys, to be honest. Obviously, going with a burgundy and gold color scheme, new uniforms, and dumping the racist name would be the ideal solution, but at the very least, bring back the early-2000's look. It wasn't exciting, but at least there was some visual sanity.

green-bailey.jpg

redskins17.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The Redskins are almost as big a mess as the Cowboys, to be honest. Obviously, going with a burgundy and gold color scheme, new uniforms, and dumping the racist name would be the ideal solution, but at the very least, bring back the early-2000's look. It wasn't exciting, but at least there was some visual sanity.

The Skins have gotten out of hand. ALL they need to do is drop the white pants and make new, flatter gold pants that have correct striping and just WEAR THAT.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

After 79 years (they were actually the Braves in their first season), they're not going to change their nickname.

As a compromise, and only if it were to end this issue once and for all, perhaps they could just drop the current logo and go back to the spear and feather logo. It's a very well liked logo by both Redskins and NFL fans.

washington-redskins-logo_1965-1969.gif

After 79 years (they were actually the Braves in their first season), they're not going to change their nickname.

As a compromise, and only if it were to end this issue once and for all, they could just drop the current logo and go back to the spear and feather logo. It's a very well liked logo by both Redskins and NFL fans.

That wouldn't solve anything. The part that people complain about is the name, not the logo. If this was the Cleveland Indians, yes that would solve the problem, but not here. The Redskins should go to a spear look full time though because the current logo SUCKS and this comes from a die hard who goes to every game. I'd be interested to see if they could pull off a deeper gold inspired look though. I think the current look is more unique, especially with the yellow pants. 49ers have the red/gold thing down. Chiefs don't have yellow pants. They've made the look their own.

potd 10/20/12

My Redskin rotation would be:

Home - Burgundy jersey over gold pants over burgundy top socks, Road - White jersey over burgundy pants over white socks w/ stripe, occasionally white jersey over gold pants over burgundy top socks, Road dark (at Dallas, etc.) - Burgundy jersey over white pants over burgundy top socks (save your "real" home look for your real home fans).

And for a few tweeks to make it perfect... drop the white stripes from the helmet, switch to burgundy mask, and put the unique side by side stripe on both gold pants and the dark top socks.

I think the skins should go the chiefs and bears route and move the numbers to the shoulders and have full stripes on the sleeves. That, match the yellow pants to the rest and I think a two stripe helmet would look really cool even though that might not look "professional". Those little tweaks and get rid of the colored collars and I think they'll look great. White or burgundy socks as long as they have two stripes. And we got a winner.

My Redskin rotation would be:

Home - Burgundy jersey over gold pants over burgundy top socks, Road - White jersey over burgundy pants over white socks w/ stripe, occasionally white jersey over gold pants over burgundy top socks, Road dark (at Dallas, etc.) - Burgundy jersey over white pants over burgundy top socks (save your "real" home look for your real home fans).

And for a few tweeks to make it perfect... drop the white stripes from the helmet, switch to burgundy mask, and put the unique side by side stripe on both gold pants and the dark top socks.

I think the skins should go the chiefs and bears route and move the numbers to the shoulders and have full stripes on the sleeves. That, match the yellow pants to the rest and I think a two stripe helmet would look really cool even though that might not look "professional". Those little tweaks and get rid of the colored collars and I think they'll look great. White or burgundy socks as long as they have two stripes. And we got a winner.

If either of these things happend, or both, or whatever, I'd be such a happy camper.

potd 10/20/12

The Seahawks really blew this thing to kingdom come.

I was a partial fan, but I'm looking at pictures now and it's hitting me....

THEY ARE BORING. SOMEHOW Nike's new super awesome Oregon team woohoo is BORING. Navy and grey? Seriously? They look so drab, but already dated. I'm revising my grade from a C+ to an F. This is pathetic.

I love it and I'd say 9/10 of us up here in the Queen City love it as well. And I'm willing to bet over the next few years a vast majority of nay-sayers will begin to like it more and more. Change is always difficult to accept in the beginning. But I also respect the negative feelings of the Seahawks new look on this board as well.

You could be right, I guess, but if I had to bet, I'd say the opposite will happen... there might be a large portion of people (especially Seahawk fans who naturally want to like the new uniform) who are excited about it, but that'll wear off.

Here's the problem with being on the cutting edge... the edge keeps moving. And when that edge has left you behind, you get stuck with something that has become pretty dated amazingly quickly (*cough* Vikings, Falcon, Bengals, Cardinals).

Classic looks on the other hand, can stay classic. There's one particular poster on these boards (sorry... Icecap or Gothamite, maybe?) that repeatedly uses the analogy of the pinstripe suit vs. the leasure suit. For a very short time... maybe 1977... you looked cooler in the latter, but for the most part, the classic rules.

I'm very disturbed that you placed the Seahawks new look with the likes of the Falcons, Vikings, and Cardinals. But I guess from a non-Seahawks fan point-of-view, I can see how someone would do that. I just don't like it, lol.

You do make valid points though.

I'm not comparing them in looks or design as much as in their potential to become dated quickly. The Vikings, Falcons, Bengals, Cardinals, and previous Bills uniforms all fall into the early 2000's "panels and pipping" phase. It might have seemed like a good idea at the time (though probably shouldn't have) but when we look back at them in the future, we will all see them as products of that decade, just like sky blue baseball uniforms say "70's" and basketball jerseys with big ass logos across the front say "90's."

It seems to me, that the next big fad in football uniforms will be sublimated patterns... you're seeing it all over college football now, and the Seahawks have brought it to the NFL, on their numbers and that totally useless helmet patch. I'd bet anything that, say 15 years from now, when you see pictures of this Seahawk uniform, you'll say, "Oh, yeah, remember when they stuck those hard to see patterns all over everything? Man, the teens were a strange time for uniform design".

That's pretty much the definition of dated.

I'm also not a fan of the spear. I prefer the profile view they have now, which could be graceful in a way if they'd only change the name.

It continues to be a national embarrassment that we have a pro sports team called the "Redskins." If Augusta can admit women...

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

As a diehard skins fan, the spear logo was perfect and why in the hell were we wearing white at home? Trust me I love my mayo and mustard (white over gold) but until we get the burgundy pants back, dont wear white at home.....unless its against Dallas. :grin:

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

the redskins logo is one of my favorites, and one of the most respectful native american logos out there.

it's just the name that's offensive.

Exactly. The Redskins logo is similar to the Blackhawks IMO. If they had a name that wasn't racist it would be perfect. As far as the actual uniforms go, they just need to make their gold pants match the rest of them with one burgundy stripe and one white stripe. I prefer the gold pants with both the home and the road jerseys, but the burgundy pants look great on the road as well. I'd actually prefer solid burgundy socks with the gold pants since the striping on the socks they wear don't match anything else. They've been improving their look every year, they just need to match the pants striping to look perfect. I wouldn't mind them moving the numbers to the shoulders. The Bears and Chiefs look great and the bigger stripes on Kirk Cousins's jersey look great. If those were on everyone's sleeves it would be perfect.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Oh yes, of course another flywire post!

An interesting photo from the Bills game. Take a good look at Kyle Williams (95) Look at his flywire, it appears to be modified and thinned out compared to everyone else in the shot.

tempCM2_2125--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

The wide ass collar suddenly looks thinner and there looks to be fewer flywire strips in the V-neck compared to other teammates in the photo, especially Chris Kelsay (90) or Dareus (99). It also doesn't look like the collar is tucked under or anything because you can still make out the navy and red trim.

I could deal with the flywire like Kyle's, as long as they don't make the colored portion of the blocked collar so damn wide. This modification looks much better and doesn't look as distracting and doesn't ruin the uniform's color balance with the sleeve stripes.

25595593.jpg

Archived