Denver Broncos: the redesign15 years later

ebod39

The design has not held up well... it was old two years after it debuted...

agreed!

go back to the orange crush jerseys and sky blue helmet

>>>

I gotta disagree with both of you. I attended Super Bowl XXI in Jan '87 when the Giants played the Broncos at the Rose Bowl and got to see those uniforms up close as I sat on the goal-line in row 9. That shade of blue was as Charles Barkley would say 'tearbull', and i believe they've really grown into the newer logo over the years.

The newer logo is sharp, as is the uniform set IMO. Even the number font they use has grown into their brand.

Using blue pants with the orange jersey would be hideous, again IMO. Flip-flop the orange to primary and the navy to alternate, as planned The don't need any other changes, especially not blue pants with orange jerseys, or monochrome orange. Yikes!

These were flat-out awful:

SuperBowlXXI.standalone.prod_affiliate.4.JPG

You're talking about the Giants, right? :therock:

Old school Broncos uniforms > New School Broncos uniforms.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>>

Surely you're joking ... I was referring to Denver's old-school orange crush set with that ugly shade of blue.

I did however like the Broncos '66 throwbacks they wore in 1994 tho' ... that orange helmet with the star-eyed Bronco was a gas.

It's all a matter of ones opinion ..

den-sharpe.jpg

agreed!

>>>

I gotta disagree with both of you. I attended Super Bowl XXI in Jan '87 when the Giants played the Broncos at the Rose Bowl and got to see those uniforms up close as I sat on the goal-line in row 9. That shade of blue was as Charles Barkley would say 'tearbull', and i believe they've really grown into the newer logo over the years.

The newer logo is sharp, as is the uniform set IMO. Even the number font they use has grown into their brand.

Using blue pants with the orange jersey would be hideous, again IMO. Flip-flop the orange to primary and the navy to alternate, as planned The don't need any other changes, especially not blue pants with orange jerseys, or monochrome orange. Yikes!

I absolutely love that shade of blue, I really can't explain it, but it's unique color of blue. One that isn't just navy or royal that a lot of pro teams use.

edit: maybe... I don't know the actual color, but it just looks different.

qvAvG.jpg

agreed!

>>>

I absolutely love that shade of blue, I really can't explain it, but it's unique color of blue. One that isn't just navy or royal that a lot of pro teams use.

edit: maybe... I don't know the actual color, but it just looks different.

Not to sound like a Nike person but the old unis had no power to them. These current ones exude power and believe it or not are still crisp and fresh and not too offensive either. They are ultra-modern classic.

I still like the new ones but at the same time, I'd like to see the Broncos change them. Give me jerseys like these (colors and all -- except make the blues match)...

john-elway.jpg

with the number font on the current uniforms and the current logo on the helmet and I'll be content.

IUe6Hvh.png

Why do most of the sketches have a gothic/medieval feel to them?

Half the sketches look more like dragons than broncos, and the ones that don't seem to have been inspired by gargoyles.

------------------

I never was a fan of thier current logo but looking at what could have been, I apreciate thier current identity a lot more now.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

For better or worse there might not be a more influential football uniform. Before the Broncos in 97, how many teams had side panels like these?

Since then the idea of the pants and jersey being inter-dependent in the design has been copied and replicated all over.

Slightly O/T, since the orange jersey is becoming the primary, maybe the numbers on the road should switch to orange with blue outlines. It would add uniformity to the, uh, uniform.

Good point. However, consider the previous iteration had blue numbers on the roadies, as well.

FAKE EDIT: and now that I think about it, they may be better off leaving the roadie numbers as is. I guess I'd have to see a mockup to be sure, though.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

i still like the uniform. i think next years orange jersey being their primary will breath some freshness into it. if they pair it with the blue pants then it instantly becomes a top 5 favorite of mine.

1) That would look terrible.

2) It wouldn't work anyway unless they changed the side stripes to white.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

That Denver Broncos Football Club roundel (sp) logo is pretty cool. The rest...not so much...

I'd much rather see the orange jerseys and sky/royal helmets, but the 97-present set isn't a total nightmare. It's grown on me.

Also, this is the first time I've seen "football club" applied to an American Football team.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

As much as I want them to switch back to orange and change up their uniforms... part of me thinks this looks gorgeous, especially under the lights...

628x471.jpg

I'd like to see how they look on that fabric that doesn't have the sheen to it, because I think that'd be an improvement.

IUe6Hvh.png

As much as I want them to switch back to orange and change up their uniforms... part of me thinks this looks gorgeous, especially under the lights...

628x471.jpg

I'd like to see how they look on that fabric that doesn't have the sheen to it, because I think that'd be an improvement.

I really like the orange trim on the bottom of their socks. I wish more teams did this versus solid colored ones. That small trim would make a world of a difference on the Ravens and Saints as it would help break up the questionable leotard look.

Agreed, the number font is awful.

The thing that strikes me, looking at it now, is how this uniform didn't become the new template for NFL uniforms. Yes, it was the first one to really break out of the classic striping patterns, but uniforms after that really have very little in common with it.

I see the defining characteristic of their home uniform as simplicity. Sure, it has too-clever side panels that line up with goofy pant stripes, but none of the piping and random paneling that has come to define modern uniforms in the interim.

Archived