Denver Broncos: the redesign15 years later

ebod39

i still like the uniform. i think next years orange jersey being their primary will breath some freshness into it. if they pair it with the blue pants then it instantly becomes a top 5 favorite of mine.

1) That would look terrible.

2) It wouldn't work anyway unless they changed the side stripes to white.

says you. :P

i wouldnt mind the mismatching sides. blue and orange together is a powerful combo though. token "posting my concept" image comin at ya

screenshot20120114at103.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, the number font is awful.

The thing that strikes me, looking at it now, is how this uniform didn't become the new template for NFL uniforms. Yes, it was the first one to really break out of the classic striping patterns, but uniforms after that really have very little in common with it.

I see the defining characteristic of their home uniform as simplicity. Sure, it has too-clever side panels that line up with goofy pant stripes, but none of the piping and random paneling that has come to define modern uniforms in the interim.

It might not have become the template for NFL uniforms, but it certainly has for countless college and high school teams...

I agree with your third paragraph, and I think a few simple tweaks would really help. Just make the pants stripes of equal width from the waist to the bottom, and make the jersey side panels end under the sleeves, eliminating the "horns" that run up to the collar in front. Add a pair of orange pants with a thick blue side-stripe for the road set, and it would look great, IMHO. I'm not crazy about the font, either, so if I could take it one step further I would go to the sans-serif MLB Block font that was used in the original '65-'66 set...

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

i still like the uniform. i think next years orange jersey being their primary will breath some freshness into it. if they pair it with the blue pants then it instantly becomes a top 5 favorite of mine.

i wouldnt mind the mismatching sides. blue and orange together is a powerful combo though. token "posting my concept" image comin at ya

I like this concept, but I've never been a fan of dark helmet - lighter colored jersey - dark pants look. It works with a white jersey, but not colored ones, IMHO.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

I think their number font is close but not perfect. It gives off somewhat of a "modern western" vibe to me, something that works well for a team called the Broncos. It looks best with numbers such as 1 and 5, for example. But on other numbers it loses the effect. The number 9 looks like a whole different theme to me. They should update the numbers to look a little more western without going too far from the basic block format.

That is nice looking, I really love the blue pants because they go perfect with the jersey and also a white jersey. Great Job!

spacer.png

I didn't realize a lot of people disliked their number font. I think it's one of the nicer ones in the league. Modern but not unnecessary like the jags. And it fits with their whole identity, logo, wordmark, uniforms, etc., all tie in together well, IMO.

As much as I want them to switch back to orange and change up their uniforms... part of me thinks this looks gorgeous, especially under the lights...

628x471.jpg

In terms of the uniforms, this photo is indistinguishable from one that could have been taken 15 years earlier. The uniforms for both teams have not changed one stitch in that time.

As much as I want them to switch back to orange and change up their uniforms... part of me thinks this looks gorgeous, especially under the lights...

628x471.jpg

In terms of the uniforms, this photo is indistinguishable from one that could have been taken 15 years earlier. The uniforms for both teams have not changed one stitch in that time.

If you wanted to get technical, the NFL equipment emblem and Reebok logo on the jerseys would at least make it post-2002 :P

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Looking at it, if they ditched the horn stripes and the spike stripes on the helmet, and used a standard stripe pattern on the pants, maybe a thick blue stripe with thinner orange stripes flanking it, these wouldn't be bad at all, but I'd prefer something more conservative all around. I've just never been a fan of the look. Going back to a lighter, more unique blue would be welcome.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Looking at it, if they ditched the horn stripes and the spike stripes on the helmet, and used a standard stripe pattern on the pants, maybe a thick blue stripe with thinner orange stripes flanking it, these wouldn't be bad at all, but I'd prefer something more conservative all around. I've just never been a fan of the look. Going back to a lighter, more unique blue would be welcome.

you're right about the blue. i change my mind, i like this better

screenshot20120115at211.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

That's brilliant.

As do I, although I'd prefer blue numbers outlined in orange on the white uniform. I think I'd like a brighter orange, though. Aside from that, if they switched to those it would be perfect, in my opinion.

IUe6Hvh.png

I didn't realize a lot of people disliked their number font. I think it's one of the nicer ones in the league. Modern but not unnecessary like the jags. And it fits with their whole identity, logo, wordmark, uniforms, etc., all tie in together well, IMO.

>>>

Don't include me in that group, I agree with you and really like that number font. Denver has grown into it as part of their identity, just as the Bears number font suits them perfectly. The Steelers on the other hand totally tampered with their identity when they switched to the rounded numbers years ago. After all this time it still hasn't taken IMO.

>>>>

Nice work, It looks very 60s ....

The blue on the '66 version if they were to revert to that would be a better compromise IMO. Not too dark, and not too light.

denver94.jpgDenver%20Broncos%20No.77%20Karl%20Mecklenburg%20Throwback%20Orange%2075th%20Anniversary%20Jersey.jpg

>>>>

Nice work, It looks very 60s ....

The blue on the '66 version if they were to revert to that would be a better compromise IMO. Not too dark, and not too light.

denver94.jpgDenver%20Broncos%20No.77%20Karl%20Mecklenburg%20Throwback%20Orange%2075th%20Anniversary%20Jersey.jpg

yea, retro/vintage is a huge part of modern design across all mediums. i agree it looks "old", but thats not a bad thing these days.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

That design looks great on a template like that displayled on a computer monitor, but I really don't think it'd translate well to an actual jersey stretched over pads and tailored even more. Maybe make the entire shoulder section blue, from seam to seam, and slide the number up to the shoulder. I think that's the way to go with a design like this.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived