Denver Broncos: the redesign15 years later

ebod39

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember reading somewhere that the home uniform was supposed to have blue jerseys and pants full time. They even wore the all blue uniform in a preseason game the first year. John Elway and some other players hated the all blue look, so Nike had make a set of white pants at the last second.

I remember reading somewhere that the home uniform was supposed to have blue jerseys and pants full time. They even wore the all blue uniform in a preseason game the first year. John Elway and some other players hated the all blue look, so Nike had make a set of white pants at the last second.

I have to say when the redesign came out I really hated it. I loved the old orange crush-era uniforms. Now that it's 15 years later, I think the uniform design has held out quite nicely, and I'm really digging the monochrome look. Dare I say it, but the Broncos uniforms have a classic feel to it now, even though it still feels fresh. I am pretty stoked about them going to orange jerseys full time next year, my only problem with the set is that pesky blue stripe on the side, it doesn't quite look right to me for some reason. I realize they don't have too many options as that stripe is a pretty important element of the uniform design. That said, even though I really like the Broncos in orange, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they kept the navy uniforms as the primary jersey color.

I remember the unveiling, and they led with all three unis (home, road and all-blue) at the same time.

I do know Elway hated the all-blues and only wore them for two preseason games that year and it took a very long time for the unis to show back up after Elway retired.

The design has not held up well... it was old two years after it debuted...

I disagree with this fully. I think it's held up quite well.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

what I don't like is much like the jags is the orange jersey panels seem to look completely different on each player...the lineman cut/modification is especially awful.

I'm with JQK. The logo is still serviceable (it could definitely be improved), but we're past the era of triangles, swoops and tapered everything on a uniform. The Broncos look very 90s.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

A modern classic in my opinion. It was daring at the time of its debut but now as we look at it, it's refreshing that the Broncos have this look -- so different from everything else. In my opinion, if the Broncos go with a fresh new set, they have be even more daring to one up this set. They set the bar kind of high for themselves

Go A's!

That Denver Broncos Football Club roundel (sp) logo is pretty cool. The rest...not so much...

I'd much rather see the orange jerseys and sky/royal helmets, but the 97-present set isn't a total nightmare. It's grown on me.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I do like the current logo a lot, though. I agree that it could probably be refined/improved, and maybe we'll see that at some point. But I think it's simple and effective, exactly what a logo should be.

agreed!

go back to the orange crush jerseys and sky blue helmet

>>>

I gotta disagree with both of you. I attended Super Bowl XXI in Jan '87 when the Giants played the Broncos at the Rose Bowl and got to see those uniforms up close as I sat on the goal-line in row 9. That shade of blue was as Charles Barkley would say 'tearbull', and i believe they've really grown into the newer logo over the years.

The newer logo is sharp, as is the uniform set IMO. Even the number font they use has grown into their brand.

Using blue pants with the orange jersey would be hideous, again IMO. Flip-flop the orange to primary and the navy to alternate, as planned The don't need any other changes, especially not blue pants with orange jerseys, or monochrome orange. Yikes!

These were flat-out awful:

SuperBowlXXI.standalone.prod_affiliate.4.JPG

Archived