Denver Broncos: the redesign15 years later

ebod39

While I don't mind the black cleats at all, I think color would look good with your posted design. That being said, I don't think it would work right now in the NFL. Had they done it before a college team then it would have been alright, but being Orange and Blue and both being Broncos is already too many similarities. Same shoe style would be over the top.

I dislike the team, but I like the cleats/socks

cdf9b496920e0f277ffb2b8a7412db5b-getty-134717886.jpg

Those look sharp. And why does the guy on the left have size 2 1/2 cleats??

An those new adidas cleats look realllllly similar to vapors, stud formation wise

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I don't mind the black cleats at all, I think color would look good with your posted design. That being said, I don't think it would work right now in the NFL. Had they done it before a college team then it would have been alright, but being Orange and Blue and both being Broncos is already too many similarities. Same shoe style would be over the top.

I dislike the team, but I like the cleats/socks

cdf9b496920e0f277ffb2b8a7412db5b-getty-134717886.jpg

understood, but i dont mind college teams and pro teams looking similar. and by similar in this case, exactly the same. but this isnt the Boise State primary look either. even though it should be because that uni combo is full of energy and spirit and just looks freaking great!

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

You say "energy," I say "nausea". Po-tay-toh... ;)

this won't be very popular, but IN MY OPINION the only team who should be wearing black shoes is the Chicago Bears. Everybody else would look better with white. That includes teams with black in their color scheme.

Okay, I'll bite. Why?

this won't be very popular, but IN MY OPINION the only team who should be wearing black shoes is the Chicago Bears. Everybody else would look better with white. That includes teams with black in their color scheme.

Okay, I'll bite. Why?

I have no reason other than I think white looks more professional. Anyone can go to the local sporting goods store and buy black cleats, but you have to special order white cleats so they're harder to get so usually it was only the pro teams who wore them.

As for why the bears should be the only team IMO who should wear black? Again, no reason other than personal preference.

PvO6ZWJ.png

understood, but i dont mind college teams and pro teams looking similar. and by similar in this case, exactly the same. but this isnt the Boise State primary look either. even though it should be because that uni combo is full of energy and spirit and just looks freaking great!

Boise's primary home jerseys were orange for a little while in the '90s, but it has never failed to look awful. Blue is the way to go.

Plus, those folder-tab stripes are bad in any color.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The identity of the Broncs are suprisingly holding up well. Even though they will wear orange as a prim. next year, the helmet is one of the best in the league and they won two Super Bowls with the look. I don't think they're going to change anytime soon.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

I have no reason other than I think white looks more professional. Anyone can go to the local sporting goods store and buy black cleats, but you have to special order white cleats so they're harder to get so usually it was only the pro teams who wore them.

As for why the bears should be the only team IMO who should wear black? Again, no reason other than personal preference.

I agree with you except on the Bears. I am a Bears fan and I think they looked better in white shoes in the '90s. I just think it's silly how black shoes are actually oldschool, yet everybody includes them with their like of new crappy designs, even when black doesn't go with their colors (Seahawks). Maybe retro and modern people like black shoes and I am just stuck in the middle. Either way, I think some teams would look okay in black shoes, but I feel the majority look better in white. I eagerly await the black shoe trend to end.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'm surprised that in the era of astroturf and experimentation, team-colored cleats didn't become a thing in football like they did (and still are) in baseball.

'

they made a brief appearance with the steelers yellow cleats in the 70's and tosu wore red cleats in the 90's...you could also say that while not across the entire roster my nfl and ncaa cleat colorways are becoming majority team color as opposed to black/white.

I think some teams would look okay in black shoes, but I feel the majority look better in white. I eagerly await the black shoe trend to end.

I thought I was the only one on here who felt this way. So glad I'm not.

BTW, sorry about derailing this thread.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I love how soccer is unafraid to colored cleats. Especially when paired with toned down uniforms. Would love the see the dark, muted Seahawks home set with this shoe. Nice spark.

ADI_10426_F.jpeg

Obviously, the bright colored cleats are awesome and mainly a marketing thing. But it has been explained to me that the reason for neon cleats in soccer is because so much of the action goes on at a player's feet. If you want the ref to see you get stepped on, you would be better off in bright blue cleats, than the same black ones your opponent has. That logic breaks down when everyone on both teams is wearing bright blue cleats . . . . But whatever.

If I was a football player looking for a bit of an advantage, I'd invest in white cleats with a dark colored sole that creeped up the outside of the shoe so it would never look like I stepped out of bounds. How many instant replay reviews go like this; "It looked as if he stepped out of bounds around the 15 yard line, but no, Craig, from here you can see just a thiiiiin line of grass between his foot and the sideline. Thats got to be a touchdown!"

I love how soccer is unafraid to colored cleats. Especially when paired with toned down uniforms. Would love the see the dark, muted Seahawks home set with this shoe. Nice spark.

ADI_10426_F.jpeg

Obviously, the bright colored cleats are awesome and mainly a marketing thing. But it has been explained to me that the reason for neon cleats in soccer is because so much of the action goes on at a player's feet. If you want the ref to see you get stepped on, you would be better off in bright blue cleats, than the same black ones your opponent has. That logic breaks down when everyone on both teams is wearing bright blue cleats . . . . But whatever.

If I was a football player looking for a bit of an advantage, I'd invest in white cleats with a dark colored sole that creeped up the outside of the shoe so it would never look like I stepped out of bounds. How many instant replay reviews go like this; "It looked as if he stepped out of bounds around the 15 yard line, but no, Craig, from here you can see just a thiiiiin line of grass between his foot and the sideline. Thats got to be a touchdown!"

Genius.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think some teams would look okay in black shoes, but I feel the majority look better in white. I eagerly await the black shoe trend to end.

I thought I was the only one on here who felt this way. So glad I'm not.

BTW, sorry about derailing this thread.

Not for nothing, but if you flash back to the mid-'90s, just about every team in the league had white cleats.

It was none other than the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, with their 1997 identity overhaul, who actually ushered in the black shoe craze.

Just thought I'd throw that out there...and now back to your Broncos discussionj already in progress. :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I agree that the old orange crush unis were completely awful. They were generic looking, like a team in a bad sports movie would wear, and they're just as 80's-dated as the current set is late-90's dated. The current logo and number font are still totally solid IMHO, and if they got rid of the side striping or even just made it so they didn't connect I'd be a happy camper.

Archived