College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

When Rutgers introed their new look with the usual fake-superhero pose photoshop images, I thought it might not be too bad (the beat up helmet is a little silly, conceptually, but we've certainly seen sillier), but as always, you can't really tell how these thing are gonna read til you see them on the field.

I'm not a fan... especially under the lights, those ultrashine elements read poorly and clash with the bright red. Kinda washed out, overall.

Once again, some things that work in a carefully controlled digital world just don't translate out to the plain old real world we actually have to live in.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just tweeted by LSU's equipment manager..

"@LSUFBEquipment: Not only are we wearing purple jerseys this week, but @LSUfball has some new additions from @usnikefootball. Stay tuned for more! #LSUROAR"

New cleats?

Cleats and gloves.

blue helmets, blue jerseys, blue pants and orange socks for Virginia

vote for Wazzu homecoming uni combo here: http://www.wsucougars.com/promotions/uniform-vote-2012.html

So has WSU just given up on the silver-gray helmet?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

When Rutgers introed their new look with the usual fake-superhero pose photoshop images, I thought it might not be too bad (the beat up helmet is a little silly, conceptually, but we've certainly seen sillier), but as always, you can't really tell how these thing are gonna read til you see them on the field.

I'm not a fan... especially under the lights, those ultrashine elements read poorly and clash with the bright red. Kinda washed out, overall.

Once again, some things that work in a carefully controlled digital world just don't translate out to the plain old real world we actually have to live in.

I don't know if I would agree with that. I think they translate perfectly well.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

The Longhorn Network is replaying Auburn at Texas from 1984 and, while I really like Texas' current look, I would NOT be opposed to going back to the double stripe on the pants and double striped socks. I don't have a pic from that game, but here is the 1984 preseason Playboy AA photo shoot that shows the uniforms I'm talking about. The consistent double stripe from sock-pant-jersey looks fantastic. I even like the restraint in not striping the helmet as it helps showcase the uniform's nicest feature.

1984b.jpg

The Longhorn Network is replaying Auburn at Texas from 1984 and, while I really like Texas' current look, I would NOT be opposed to going back to the double stripe on the pants and double striped socks. I don't have a pic from that game, but here is the 1984 preseason Playboy AA photo shoot that shows the uniforms I'm talking about. The consistent double stripe from sock-pant-jersey looks fantastic. I even like the restraint in not striping the helmet as it helps showcase the uniform's nicest feature.

1984b.jpg

I think adding a double stripe to the helmet to make it consistent head-to-toe wouldn't totally ruin an absolute classic look.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Eh, maybe you're right.

1984b.jpg

God, those are some really terrible uniforms for the most part. USC, Oklahoma, UNC, Virginia Tech, and what appears to be UVA in those Auburn ripoffs all look horrible. And some genius at Aggie apparently thought it would be a good idea to use basically the same striping pattern as TU.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

1984b.jpg

God, those are some really terrible uniforms for the most part. USC, Oklahoma, UNC, Virginia Tech, and what appears to be UVA in those Auburn ripoffs all look horrible. And some genius at Aggie apparently thought it would be a good idea to use basically the same striping pattern as TU.

Seriously? And that is Illinois, not UVa.

1984b.jpg

I must've missed the fact that Texas invented the double striped sleeve.

1984b.jpg

Actually, there are no terrible or even remotely bad uniforms in that picture. They are all nice, simple, and clean with no conference patches, sponsor logo, and frickin' ridiculous seam striping or side paneling on them. Those are what football uniforms should look like. Oh, and they even have SLEEVES!!!

I must've missed the fact that Texas invented the double striped sleeve.

Other teams wear navy pinstripes but it would still look odd for the Red Sox to wear them. Other teams use custom number fonts but it'd be weird if the Packers started using the Bears' font. Same logic here: that sleeve design is commonplace in football, but it's traditionally been used by Aggie's biggest rival. I just feel like the LAST team you'd want to look even remotely like is your fiercest rival, but that's just me.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

New_Uniform_release.jpg?max_width=515

Tennessee Tech's uni vs. Oregon for tomorrow's game. Details from TTUSports.com:

COOKEVILLE, Tenn. -- In an effort to refresh the team?s look, the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles will reveal new, cutting-edge football jerseys for the team?s match up Saturday against the University of Oregon in Eugene. The game will be televised on the PAC-12 Network.In conjunction with the Tennessee Tech football team?s official apparel sponsor, Russell Athletic®, the Golden Eagles will take the field against the Ducks in a brand new white, purple and gold uniform, and are also unveiling a new helmet design. Saturday?s jersey is one of a number of different uniform combinations available to the Golden Eagles from Russell Athletic® in 2012.

A sublimated Tennessee Tech Golden Eagle is the dominant design element of the jersey, which was created as a collaboration between Russell Athletic?s design team, the Tennessee Tech football staff and the athletic department?s senior staff. The Golden Eagle pattern is on the sleeves of the jersey, and also repeated on side panels on the body and leg, creating a unique look that pays homage to the school?s mascot.

?The new uniform our players will be wearing when they take the field only adds to the existing excitement of this game,? said Director of Athletics Mark Wilson. ?The look of the jerseys and helmets marries the traditional look of Tennessee Tech?s purple and gold colors and iconic Golden Eagle with cutting-edge uniform design and technology.?

The helmet design is a tribute to the 1972 Tennessee Tech football team that won the Ohio Valley Conference championship 40 years ago. It is gold in color and features purple and gold wings on the sides, reminiscent of the wings worn on the helmets by the Golden Eagle teams in the 1970s that won two OVC titles.

?Our design team wanted to provide Tennessee Tech with uniforms that stood out against the competition,? said Gary Barfield, executive vice president of Russell Brands, LLC. ?The sublimated design and bold colors offer a very unique look. We?ll be rooting for the Golden Eagles and head coach Watson Brown when they take the field in Eugene.?

http://www.ttusports.com/sports/fball/2012-13/releases/9_13_new_uniform

sport-scarf_dortmund_zps9338859f.png

Archived