College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And you see absolutely nothing wrong with turning college football into a monetary arms race. That's not compromising what little integrity the sport has left at all.

It already is.

But you and I both know Phil Knight bought those uniforms, whether he gave them to Oregon for free, discounted or just through his massive alumni donations, Oregon wouldn't have those uniforms without Knight's company AND checkbook.

Is someone gets a free suit, that doesn't make it any less expensive looking.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

If you put an Armani suit on a bum, he's still a bum. If you put Tim Tebow in an 18 Colts jersey, he's not a better quarterback. Conversely, if you put Walter Peyton in a Peyton Hillis Chiefs jersey, he'd still be the greatest ever. Clothes don't make the man.

And you see absolutely nothing wrong with turning college football into a monetary arms race. That's not compromising what little integrity the sport has left at all.

It already is.

So why make it worse? Oregon is throwing gasoline onto the fire instead of water.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I just want to much more of the color-changing Oregon green. C'mon HGI, let's see that color changing mallard helmet.

Beautiful. Good work HGI.

I would like to see the same helmet without the giant chrome wings, just a simple yellow O. With how large and shiny the wings were it was hard to tell just how much the color changed from one end of the helmet to the other.

If you put an Armani suit on a bum, he's still a bum. If you put Tim Tebow in an 18 Colts jersey, he's not a better quarterback. Conversely, if you put Walter Peyton in a Peyton Hillis Chiefs jersey, he'd still be the greatest ever. Clothes don't make the man.

I'm just saying that it LOOKS more professional to have a Speed Machine template than a Destroyer template, like it looks more professional to wear a suit, than a buttoned shirt.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I'm just saying that it LOOKS more professional to have a Speed Machine template than a Destroyer template, like it looks more professional to wear a suit, than a buttoned shirt.

Texas and Oklahoma wear older templates and they sure look more professional than Oregon.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Texas and Oklahoma wear older templates and they sure look more professional than Oregon.

How so?

Does Arizona? Ya sure seem to not like Oregon much.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I hate to admit this but you are right. I loved the last two Oregon uniform sets, but this new set makes them look like a bunch of clowns.Sometimes it is better to stick with an old clean cut than going for a futuristic look that looks like crap.

spacer.png

How so?

Well, for one thing, they don't look as though they were designed with input from a sugered-up 16 year old? :D

im with Spleen here, i see the old templates as a cheaper kind of uniform. but its important to remember that it dosent really matter, because "normal" people dont look at a uniform and see templates and cuts, they just see a uniform. its kind of like me looking at cats. i dont know breeds of cats like i do dogs, i just look at a cat and see a cat.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Texas A&M busting out the Icy Whites for tonight's Cotton Bowl.

A_ywrFfCcAAsemO.jpg

Love Love LOVE that combo.

I like this combo, but I was hoping that would have wore the maroon pants to offset Oklahoma's white pants.

spacer.png

How so?

Well, for one thing, they don't look as though they were designed with input from a sugered-up 16 year old? :D

It depends on what type of uniform you have that makes the uniform look professional. If you have a modern uniform like Oregon, then you're jersey will look good on the speed machine. If you have traditional uniform with striping, then it's probably best to use an older template, because you want those stripes to be big probably. You want shiny pants to match your helmet? Use an older template. Simple.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I just want to much more of the color-changing Oregon green. C'mon HGI, let's see that color changing mallard helmet.

Beautiful. Good work HGI.

I would like to see the same helmet without the giant chrome wings, just a simple yellow O. With how large and shiny the wings were it was hard to tell just how much the color changed from one end of the helmet to the other.

I mocked up some photoshops of what the helmet would look like without the wings and with the yellow O:

dennis-Dixon.jpg

darron-thomas-1-2010-ncaa-football-oregon-1GMvlo.jpg

Oregon-offense-flies-high-with-Darron-Thomas-I0LL7ER-x-large.jpg

Of course you do realize that 99% of the people out there (including recruits) don't even know what or care what a template is? Walk down the street and ask 100 people the difference between two templates, and I guarentee you 100 of them are going to say, "They are two different teams". Hell, I follow uniforms etc, and I can't tell the difference between two templates. It either looks good, or it doesn't. UCLA in 1988 with full hoops and sleeves looks better than UCLA today. Oregon in 1988 or even 1995 looked better than they do today. I'm trying to think of a team today that looks better than they did 10-15 years ago, I can't think of one and these bad templates are part of it. There are teams like Oklahoma, Notre Dame, and Alabama that look just as good, but I can't think of any that look better.

How so?

Again, this has NOTHING to do with aesthetics. How good their designs are is irrelevant. I associate Oregon's look with big time money, and big time money, with professionals.

Archived