College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Put a player on the field in a uniform that fit like that 20 years ago (or maybe... probably... 20 years from now), they would be the one looking "Unprofessional."

20 years ago, players wore their uniforms like this:

hi-res-72554912_display_image.jpg?1344806768

ncf_a_heisman1993_390.jpg

Regardless of people's feelings about today's uniform templates, I hope we can all agree that they look more professional than those loose, ill-fitting jerseys of old.

Right... they look stupid. But I'd bet you anything, they though they looked awesome, and would tell you the wide fishnet mesh and belly shirts were a "performance" feature. It kept them cooler than full length, solid fabric jerseys, right? Sounds pretty familier to me.

Right. And we've improved that technology.

Really? How so? Do you think a 2012 Nike-outfitted player is any cooler in his uniform than a 1990 player is in that wide fishnet and exposed skin? Hard to beat skin on air for lightness and coolness. The difference is, the players no longer want to look like that. They want a super tight uniform that exposes more of their arms and less of their bellys. So the technology goes from "wide mesh and exposed skin" to "Sweat-wicking, skin-tight fabric"... not nessasarily because the technology is more effective (more advanced, certainly, but that's not nessesarily any more or less effective... a machine gun is more advanced than a rock upside the head, but both are equally effective), but because the current prefered fashion of the players dictates it.

They are just as cool, but now they are made of material that's more durable, it's not as heavy, and it doesn't expose your skin. It's an improvement all around. The players don't care about the templates. If they did, they would keep the old ones, so that they could show their abs all the time.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think bells aren't exposed anymore because it's against the rules. I could be wrong though. Also I think it would be easier to grab a loose exposed jersey like that than with a pro combat cut.

I think Texas' stripes an number are more visible and better represented on their current template than miamis were there with a lot more sleeve.

Put a player on the field in a uniform that fit like that 20 years ago (or maybe... probably... 20 years from now), they would be the one looking "Unprofessional."

Regardless of people's feelings about today's uniform templates, I hope we can all agree that they look more professional than those loose, ill-fitting jerseys of old.

Right... they look stupid. But I'd bet you anything, they though they looked awesome, and would tell you the wide fishnet mesh and belly shirts were a "performance" feature. It kept them cooler than full length, solid fabric jerseys, right? Sounds pretty familier to me.

Really? How so? Do you think a 2012 Nike-outfitted player is any cooler in his uniform than a 1990 player is in that wide fishnet and exposed skin? Hard to beat skin on air for lightness and coolness. The difference is, the players no longer want to look like that. They want a super tight uniform that exposes more of their arms and less of their bellys. So the technology goes from "wide mesh and exposed skin" to "Sweat-wicking, skin-tight fabric"... not nessasarily because the technology is more effective (more advanced, certainly, but that's not nessesarily any more or less effective... a machine gun is more advanced than a rock upside the head, but both are equally effective), but because the current prefered fashion of the players dictates it.

You're unbelievable, you know that? And not in a good way. Wow.

Kent State will finally debut their bowl gold helmet tonight!! It looks like it has some metallic navy chips in it and there is supposed to be a new helmet sticker. The picture of former Coach Hazell applying it makes me think it will just be the Kent State K with the K-Flash pride stickers.

What is so unbelievable? It's his opinion. Besides, the belly jerseys look no more ridiculous than the current Saran Wrap jerseys.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

What is so unbelievable? It's his opinion. Besides, the belly jerseys look no more ridiculous than the current Saran Wrap jerseys.

Today's jerseys don't look like middle school jerseys.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

In my incredibly biased opinion

img20016155.jpg

Mostly because it included what I believe is the best uniform in college football right now.

My best matchup:

Photos_Game_12.jpg

I wish that Oregon State had worn black pants for that game. That would've been perfect.

Archived