College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ducks_2012_G_13.jpg

That's it? I expected something more from the Ducks. That's one of the most conservative uniforms they've worn in a while.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

UofA Equipment@UofAEquipment

Alabama will be sporting Nike's new jersey style in the Discover BCS National Championship Game. pic.twitter.com/odFbf42g

A_symeVCQAAwny0.jpg

This is the template Oregon wore in last season's Rose Bowl. It isn't the Speed Machine, but I haven't heard a name for it. I call it the chain maille mesh template since that is the newest feature.

Ehh, nothing special for Bama, so basically it isn't newsworthy. Carry on.

I'm probably the only one who has this opinion, but it tends to bother me when I see teams in old uniform templates. For instance, when I see FSU and K-State in the old destroyer template, it bugs the hell out of me. When I see Baylor with the Fly Wire, it annoys me. When I see Cal and Oregon State in the wonder bra template, it irks me. To me, it just looks cheap. The Pro Combat is a clean look. The Tech Fit (however super stretchy it may be) is a clean look. The worst was the old Rebok NFL template. It just screamed of really cheap material. It looked unprofessional. The Speed Machine looks professional.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I'm probably the only one who has this opinion, but it tends to bother me when I see teams in old uniform templates. For instance, when I see FSU and K-State in the old destroyer template, it bugs the hell out of me. When I see Baylor with the Fly Wire, it annoys me. When I see Cal and Oregon State in the wonder bra template, it irks me. To me, it just looks cheap. The Pro Combat is a clean look. The Tech Fit (however super stretchy it may be) is a clean look. The worst was the old Rebok NFL template. It just screamed of really cheap material. It looked unprofessional. The Speed Machine looks professional.

Georiga wears an old template, and I'd say its uniforms are much more professional looking. Honestly...hate to kill a vibe...but Oregon looks awful a lot. The way the numbers shine funny, to the way the green jerseys look dull and clash with the helmets, to the way the colored wings on the shoulders are way too busy...Oregon has rarely looked good. The uniforms they wore on opening day were actually nice...but a lot of what they wear doesn't look "professional" because the aesthetic inconsistency of the different parts.

Me too. I like uniforms to look flat on the pads no excess material. The old Adidas uniforms with the horns are te worst.

I actually like the Destroyer template better for a lot of teams. The sleeves have more room for stripes which is a plus. I would certainly rate it higher than the TechFit. Those look cheap to me. It looks like they stretched their undershirts over their pads.

Georiga wears an old template, and I'd say its uniforms are much more professional looking. Honestly...hate to kill a vibe...but Oregon looks awful a lot. The way the numbers shine funny, to the way the green jerseys look dull and clash with the helmets, to the way the colored wings on the shoulders are way too busy...Oregon has rarely looked good. The uniforms they wore on opening day were actually nice...but a lot of what they wear doesn't look "professional" because the aesthetic inconsistency of the different parts.

I agree... Oregon has looked pretty unexceptional this season (other than the opening game) which I assume is the last thing they want. I guess the problem, to me, is the difference between how the uniforms look on TV, and how (I assume) they must look up close to the players. When you first turn on the game, you see a team wearing what, at a glance, appears to be a plain green helmet, a white jersey with some business on the shoulders and a bad font, and plain green pants. Sure, after some player close-ups, the details pop out, but most of the game (and most of the ESPN highlights) will be in wide shot. Maybe that isn't a problem for Oregon... the 16 and 17 year old recruits who are impressed by this stuff will see it up close and that's the main point, but for me, since football is mainly just a TV show, I doesn't register that much. Oregon's old package... the high contrast "O" on the helmet, the better designed shoulder wings... had a much better distance appeal.

The color shift numbers, the chrome helmet details... for that matter, the carbon helmet patterns and the tiny sublimated details... have much less impact on TV than bold colors, and clean, hard edged details. Just a different mindset, I guess. I think manufacturers get caught up in some new tech (like the color shift, for instance), and want to show it off. And a team, and certainly a bunch of young players, will get excited about something they've never seen before. But if it doesn't have any real distance impact on outside viewers, which means, for the most part, TV viewers who might be swtching between games or just catching the highlights late at night, I'm not sure how much difference it makes.

Tradition or No tradition. How bad or great Oregons uniforms are, or whatever. You have to give Oregon credit. Look at there program before there million jersey combos and since. There getting the recruits they need to be successful

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Some of it is the uniforms - that could be a tipping point in a tough decision - but the vast majority of their success has come from Chip Kelly's unique offense that exploits speed and fitness and allows non-traditionally-sized players (who might be considered undersized by other programs) to flourish. They're not running plays every 17 seconds for their health...

I think you're misinterpreting what I'm saying. Aesthetics has nothing to do with this. When I see a team with the destroyer template, I think "Wow, they didn't put that much effort or money into those uniforms. They just took the bare bones.". When I saw the old NFL template, and I saw the shiny uniform material and pant material, it reminds me of middle school uniforms, because that's usually the material that those are made of (including the very simple, 2 seem template). It looks cheap. Oregon and Seattle though, it is apparent that they put a lot of attention and money into their uniforms, making it look more professional (again, this has nothing to do with aesthetics).

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Not to mention world class football facilities, a great fan base, and a good education

Lots of places have those, only one school had Chip Kelly.

Oregon has some of, if not, the best football facilities in the NCAA. It's what happens when Phil Knight is an alum. And this was filmed back in 2009. They've gotten even better since then.

I think you're misinterpreting what I'm saying. Aesthetics has nothing to do with this. When I see a team with the destroyer template, I think "Wow, they didn't put that much effort or money into those uniforms. They just took the bare bones.". When I saw the old NFL template, and I saw the shiny uniform material and pant material, it reminds me of middle school uniforms, because that's usually the material that those are made of (including the very simple, 2 seem template). It looks cheap. Oregon and Seattle though, it is apparent that they put a lot of attention and money into their uniforms, making it look more professional (again, this has nothing to do with aesthetics).

You're a weird dude. There are decent reasons not to want the newest uniform cut, like the fact that it would compromise your uniform identity. Just because something is newer doesn't make it inherently better and I feel like the reasons behind that logic should be plain to see...

(none of this means I hate the new cuts, so don't even start.)

You're a weird dude. There are decent reasons not to want the newest uniform cut, like the fact that it would compromise your uniform identity. Just because something is newer doesn't make it inherently better and I fell like the reasons behind that logic should be plain to see...

(none of this means I hate the new cuts, so don't even start.)

The logic is that Oregon's uniforms are associated with money (as in, it probably took a lot more money to make and design those uniforms), and I associate that, with professionals, because only the professionals have that kind of money.

And you see absolutely nothing wrong with turning college football into a monetary arms race. That's not compromising what little integrity the sport has left at all.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived