2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

Well, I believe that Manziel is going to get plenty of thank you notes from Mahattan, Eugene and South Bend on Monday. :P

Also... Woe be Western Carolina. Alabama is going to tear them a new larger one after this loss.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bama's loss almost seals the deal for a KSU-Oregon or ND Championship. All ND, Oregon, and KSU have to do is win the remaining games because mostly a undefeated Oregon, KSU, and ND > 1 loss Alabama. I'm not insulting Alabama, but it is incredibly likely that Bama won't make it to the National Championship this year.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

I hope this'll teach people to never look at a team and go "Nobody is going to beat them this year" and "They just look amazing". NO team is perfect, every team is beatable, and no game is a sure thing.

In my opinion, Alabama never look like the best team in the nation. I said it before, they hadn't played anybody until LSU, and when they did play then, they played terrible. LSU is maybe a top 15 team.

Bama was overrated just like USC was overrated. This is why humans should be taken out of this. Teams are crowned the champions before the season starts. Human polls can't be trusted. Take them out of the rankings so we don't get all this team over hype every year that ruins college football.

The computers hate Oregon, just as a general FYI.

I don't care. I don't think Oregon should be number one right now. That belongs to K-State. If Oregon beats Stanford, THEN they should be number one.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

So if 2 of Kansas State, Oregon, and/or Notre Dame go undefeated, will we still see an SEC team in the NCG? I'd have to say that would be some major BS if it happened.

If K-State wins out, I see no reason they don't make the 'ship as the 1.

But woe be the college football watching world if Notre Dame makes it into the 'ship.......

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

So if 2 of Kansas State, Oregon, and/or Notre Dame go undefeated, will we still see an SEC team in the NCG? I'd have to say that would be some major BS if it happened.

No, there's no chance that they'll take a one-loss SEC team over any undefeated BCS team.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It's too bad that Ohio State's current undefeated season is all for naught.

Could you imagine the size of ESPN's boner if Ohio State and Notre Dame were to actually meet in the NCG?

I can see it now...

But really, it'd be interesting to see Oregon and Notre Dame play for the championship IMO.

It's too bad that Ohio State's current undefeated season is all for naught.

Could you imagine the size of ESPN's boner if Ohio State and Notre Dame were to actually meet in the NCG?

No, I can't, since ESPN only has a boner for SEC teams. It's NBC that would be going crazy.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

But really, it'd be interesting to see Oregon and Notre Dame play for the championship IMO.

A 55-7 woodshed beating interests you? :therock:

It would not be 55-7. I would guess it would be around 28-17 Ducks.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I agree. If Notre Dame beats USC, then I really want a Oregon-Notre Dame final. Manti Teo vs. Kenjon Barner would be interesting and it wouldn't be a blowout. I agree that Oregon would probably win, but Notre Dame has really good run defense. Anyway, to get to that position, Notre Dame will have to convincingly beat USC. KSU can play Texas A&M, the most exciting team in CFB, and Johnny Manziel in the Fiesta Bowl. Now that would also be a great game. While I'm at it, here are my other ideal bowl Matchups.

The SEC hasn't done anything outside of beating each other. One loss Bama wont jump anyone.

Bama and Notre Dame do have a common opponent though....*whistles*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Oregon propaganda minister downgrading Oregon's chances? Is the world real anymore?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived