Clippers vs. Grizzlies unis (Jan 26, 12)

dbadefense1990

I think the different colored jersey/shorts combo can work with the right colors, but it just doesn't look right with green and yellow. I was one of the few that actually liked the Wizards gold alts from a few years ago . And the Clippers throwback isn't a great design, but light blue and red is a great color combo. I'd love to see a team go with that.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I really wanted to like this matchup last night...really tried....but just couldn't.

The red "Los Angeles" script was hard to read against that shade of blue under certain lighting at times, I HATE basketball uniforms which have different colored tops and shorts, and the particular matchup in the grand scheme of things didn't look as great. I don't think the two schemes compliment each other well.

Also, I was kind of bummed that the Clips got the Stars throwback, for two reasons: 1) They really should consider wearing the San Diego baby blues or the McAdoo-era Braves blues (I know they weren't ABA sets, but they were better sets), and 2) if any team should don a Stars throwback, it should be Utah. The Stars are much more appreciated and are a bigger part of "local lore" here than in L.A. If it weren't for the Stars and thier championship here, the Jazz wouldn't be here. Thus, I think it would have been more fitting for Utah to have nodded to the Stars than the Clippers.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Hey everyone. Did any of you catch the TNT game today? The Clips and Grizzlies were wearing some weird throwbacks tonight, ala Globetrotters vs. Generals:

clippers-grizzlies-throwbacks-530x327.jpg

67669830.jpg

I really wish that the Jazz wore Stars throwbacks instead ... considering the fact that the Stars did more in Utah than during their two years in L.A.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

I love the ABA. I'm excited NBA teams are wearing ABA throwbacks this year. But not those uniforms last night...ugh.

The Tams' Grizzlies uniforms look okay in the original pictures. They don't work with the current uniform cut - specifically the shorts design. The jersey itself looks great. The shorts ruin it.

The Stars Clippers may be the ugliest uniform I've ever seen worn in an NBA game. It looks like the cheap jersey knockoffs that just say "Los Angeles" or "New York" on the front with a number... like this:

$(KGrHqV,!h0E8KMe(SSSBPHfPeOkg!~~60_12.JPG

They're bland, the colors don't mesh... ugh.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

The uglier the uniforms, the more people seem to like them! NFL teams SHOULD NOT be allowed to wear their uniforms the way the Seattle Seahawks wear theirs! This isn't high school and college! I recall back in the mid 90's the Tampa Bay Buccaneers wanted to wear the all orange "Buco-Bruce" uniforms and the NFL told them NO! 20 of the 32 NFL teams have done this and I wish this commissioner would put a stop to it! I really hope NIKE doesn't screw up the uniforms! Reebok really did a HORRIBLE job with the uniform jersey's. Teams with jersey designs like the Colts and Jets look horrible! Northwestern stripes on jersey's are also horriblie! They are on the shoulder pads!

The uglier the uniforms, the more people seem to like them! NFL teams SHOULD NOT be allowed to wear their uniforms the way the Seattle Seahawks wear theirs! This isn't high school and college! I recall back in the mid 90's the Tampa Bay Buccaneers wanted to wear the all orange "Buco-Bruce" uniforms and the NFL told them NO! 20 of the 32 NFL teams have done this and I wish this commissioner would put a stop to it! I really hope NIKE doesn't screw up the uniforms! Reebok really did a HORRIBLE job with the uniform jersey's. Teams with jersey designs like the Colts and Jets look horrible! Northwestern stripes on jersey's are also horriblie! They are on the shoulder pads!

Huh? Wrong thread?

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

I am also a fan of the ABA throwbacks that teams havebeen wearing this season. The Clippers look great in light blue and the Memphis jersey is awesome, it's just that the shorts that ruined it. They reminded me of these:

xl211646912.jpg

spacer.png

Hey everyone. Did any of you catch the TNT game today? The Clips and Grizzlies were wearing some weird throwbacks tonight, ala Globetrotters vs. Generals:

clippers-grizzlies-throwbacks-530x327.jpg

67669830.jpg

I really wish that the Jazz wore Stars throwbacks instead ... considering the fact that the Stars did more in Utah than during their two years in L.A.

What is that patch on the Memphis jersey??

Archived