2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Youk is heading to the White Sox for righty Zach Stewart

I'm not hearing anything from any legit news source but I'll keep checking. (Only being reported by the Chicago Tribune as of 5:18 EST)

I'd be surprised if that's all the Red Sox got for Youk because Stewart has been flat out awful this year and I would say is at best a 4th starter from here on out.

White Sox get: Kevin Youkilis

Red Sox get: Brent Lillibridge, Zach Stewart, and $5,500,000

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

I am very pleased with the Reds right now. 6 straight W's. The starters are taking games deep. The relievers are doing their job. Joey Votto is batting like .790, Phillips is hot, Zack Cozart doesn't make any mistakes at short, Todd Frazier has been better than Scott Rolen while Rolen has been injured, and the team is playing solid baseball all around. This is a really fun, likable group.

The Reds are 1-5 since this post and in that time Aroldis Chapman has blown two saves via home run both times. I think the league has figured him out.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The cash is the amount of the contract the Red Sox are eating. It's not part of the transaction.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

The cash is the amount of the contract the Red Sox are eating. It's not part of the transaction.

Now seems official.

Again a little surprised that's all they got for him. Lillibridge is your basic utility bench player and Stewart is nothing more then a fill in starter at the moment and probably won't be much more.

Even more surprised they would trade him to an American League team they could potentially face in the playoffs for that little.

Marlins blank Blue Jays 9-0 after another spectacular pitching performance by Jesse Chavez! Hopefully Villanueva will find his way into the rotation before long; he wasn't too shabby in his 10 odd starts last time around.

Get well soon, Morrow.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Phils get swept in a home DH started by Hamels and Lee. They're done.

Hitting the panic button already, Philly?

With over three months to go, I'm pretty sure the Phillies can make up 9 games on squads like the Nats and the Mets -- especially with Utley and Howard returning soon.

6uXNWAo.png

Padres lost their bullpen coach Darrel Akerfelds, to cancer yesterday morning. He'd been fighting pancreatic cancer for a little over a year and a half, continuing to come to the ballpark all through last season and into this year until it finally knocked him down and all but made him bed ridden. And even then he was still trying to coach and encourage both current Padres and former team members like Jake Peavy.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/jun/24/padres-bullpen-boach-darrel-akerfelds-dies-cancer/

ESPN also did a great piece on him back in December. He was a fighter and a great coach who will definitely be missed by the Padres and players beyond.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/7318959/san-diego-padres-bullpen-coach-darrel-akerfelds-too-busy-living-worry-dying-cancer

Phils get swept in a home DH started by Hamels and Lee. They're done.

Hitting the panic button already, Philly?

With over three months to go, I'm pretty sure the Phillies can make up 9 games on squads like the Nats and the Mets -- especially with Utley and Howard returning soon.

They are also missing Halladay.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Per Baseball-Reference, Brett Lawrie leads the majors in WAR (at 4.5). Didn't expect that.

Dustin McGowan is doubtful to play this year. Man, this guy just can't catch a break. Once his arm was fully healed, he injured his foot, and when he's rehabbing that, he injures his arm again. On a side note, Adam Lind is back with the team after batting .395 in 31 games in AAA. I think he can still be a good MLB hitter - not the guy he was back in 2009 - but still a good addition to the Blue Jays' lineup.

Yankees have only played the Jays twice, so I haven't seen too many other Jays games this year...

Is Brett Lawrie as good defensively as the metrics at both B-Ref and Fangraphs indicate? Because I was under the impression that he hasn't really hit like expected so far this year, but it seems like his glove is making up for that quite a bit.

spacer.png

Nats cant hit worth a lick, wouldnt be surprised to see them drop off a bit but the pitching will keep them in every game. Detwiler deserved a much better fate yesterday (and so did the rather large contingent of Nats fans in Baltimore).

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Yankees have only played the Jays twice, so I haven't seen too many other Jays games this year...

Is Brett Lawrie as good defensively as the metrics at both B-Ref and Fangraphs indicate? Because I was under the impression that he hasn't really hit like expected so far this year, but it seems like his glove is making up for that quite a bit.

The hitting will come, but yes is defensive play is out of this world. It makes me less mad that he's having a less than stellar offensive season, but he's been getting that bat going of late. I still think he can get 20-25 HR's, 80-90 RBI's.

I could only imagine if this team had some quality starting pitching, what they'd be doing right now.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Nats cant hit worth a lick, wouldnt be surprised to see them drop off a bit but the pitching will keep them in every game. Detwiler deserved a much better fate yesterday (and so did the rather large contingent of Nats fans in Baltimore).

Wasn't there some talk early in the season about the Wandering Montreal Expos Nationals placing "innings limits" on their younger starting pitchers, like Strasburg, even if the team is in contention?

Henderson Alvarez left the Blue Jays-Red Sox game with an injury. I don't know how serious it is (wasn't watching the game), but this could mean that 4 of Toronto's starters would be on the DL with significant injuries. After the first three, their playoff chances were already slim, but at this point, it'll be next to impossible to make the playoffs.

EDIT: Just after posting this, I learn it's just precautionary.

And yeah, I remember them talking about the Nats' innings limits during their series in Toronto. Even if they're in the pennant race, they'll shut them down. Gotta think long-term, even if it costs you a playoff spot.

Wasn't there some talk early in the season about the Wandering Montreal Expos Nationals placing "innings limits" on their younger starting pitchers, like Strasburg, even if the team is in contention?

As of now Nationals starters are averaging 94 pitches which is two below the National League average, but yet are also leading the NL in quality starts. And the only two pitchers the Nats have in the top 30 in innings pitched in the NL are Edwin Jackson and Jordan Zimmerman. So I think the Nationals are keeping a very close eye on pitch counts, they're just going about it very quietly.

In terms of whether or not they will still be doing this come September if they are still leading the division remains to be seen.

Archived