2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

I haven't looked at their schedules, but I assume this was the only time Ubaldo would see the Rockies this year

That doesn't excuse anything. He shouldn't have held a grudge for that long, let alone let it lose in a game that is meaningless.

By no means am I excusing it, I'm just saying this was probably his only chance to face the Rockies and get the "revenge" he felt he needed

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me losing your closer can be just as bad if not worse then losing your number one starter.

Everyone in that bullpen moves up a spot and most teams do not have guys in their bullpen that can fill in for other roles and I think that definately goes for the Red Sox. I would imagine they are probably going to go with a closer by commitee situation. There's nobody in that bullpen you can point to as being above and beyond everyone else for that type of role. The closest I would say would be Aceves and that's probably who they will initially go with, but whoever gets the job I don't think is by any means a lock to keep it until Bailey returns. They may go through three or four different guys before Bailey returns.

The Kentucky Wildcats may have predicted this year's World Series winner when they beat Kansas, 67-59, on Monday night. The last six times prior to this year that the Wildcats have won the NCAA title, the Yankees have also won the World Series (1949, '51, '58, '78, '96, '98).

B)

The Kentucky Wildcats may have predicted this year's World Series winner when they beat Kansas, 67-59, on Monday night. The last six times prior to this year that the Wildcats have won the NCAA title, the Yankees have also won the World Series (1949, '51, '58, '78, '96, '98).

B)

If history does its magic, then I'm gonna get my shotgun out, and then Calipari won't lead his team to national champioship ever again. JK. I just wouldn't like to see a team that has won so many times win again, or be in the World Series. I actually like seeing odd matchups in the World Series.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

CJ Wilson still loves to talk about, well, CJ Wilson (even when discussing his charity work)

He speaks about pitching from the perspective of a rapid-talking physicist who is trying to engineer the perfect throwing machine.

He discusses the sophisticated workings of a camera with photography-enthusiast and Angels All-Star Howie Kendrick.

He advises Angels pitcher Trevor Bell on the benefits of a gluten-free diet, the straight-edger's lifestyle without drinking or tobacco, the merits of the last Radiohead concert and the buyer's guide for DJ turntables.

He can curate a post-modern art exhibit. He can recite poetry in Spanish, Japanese, Italian and Portuguese.

He compliments a Japanese reporter --"Hey, cool shoes, racing shoes," he said ? because he races cars in the Formula Atlantic series and owns his own racing team that competes in the Grand-Am Sports Car Challenge and the Mazda MX-5 Cup Series.

He drives a Range Rover and can land a 737 on a Southwest Airlines simulator.

He is a relentless on social media and can Tweet the private cellphone number of former Angels-turned-Texas Rangers catcher Mike Napoli.

He can beat a teenager at "Guitar Hero" and play an actual acoustic guitar. He has been inspired by a 10-year-old Micah Champagne, who can solve a Rubik's Cube in 1 minute, 9 seconds.

He goes on safari in South Africa and hosted baseball clinics in Cape Town this past January for grassroots and elite players.

And the time before that, in 1948, the Cleveland Indians won the World Series.

NEXT YEAR IS THIS YEAR

OPPORTUNITY IS NOWHERE

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

B)

If history does its magic, then I'm gonna get my shotgun out, and then Calipari won't lead his team to national champioship ever again. JK. I just wouldn't like to see a team that has won so many times win again, or be in the World Series. I actually like seeing odd matchups in the World Series.

I like to see whats better for the game. Sure, I like to see the underdogs and small market teams make it but... A World Series with a New York team brings in more ratings and fans.

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

Was trotting out Ali really necessary? That was hard to watch.

Jeffrey Loria needed a distraction from people chucking batteries at him.

But yeah Ali loooks horrible. I wouldn't even know that was Muhammad Ali unless told. He's lost a ton of weight.

Was trotting out Ali really necessary? That was hard to watch.

Jeffrey Loria needed a distraction from people chucking batteries at him.

But yeah Ali loooks horrible. I wouldn't even know that was Muhammad Ali unless told. He's lost a ton of weight.

What was the point of bringing Ali?

I agree, he looks horrible. It's hard to believe that he's only 70.

Archived