2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Halladay gave up back-to-back singles to start the season, then he and Papelbon didn't allow another hit the rest of the day

and the revamped Marlins are on pace to score 81 runs for the season ^_^

Holy :censored:, Jays and Indians are going to the 14th inning!

Arencibia hit a 3 run homer to break the tie in the 16th inning. After some quick 1-0 and 2-1 games, this kind of game was almost inevitable. What a way to kick off the season!

Holy :censored:, Jays and Indians are going to the 14th inning!

Arencibia hit a 3 run homer to break the tie in the 16th inning. After some quick 1-0 and 2-1 games, this kind of game was almost inevitable. What a way to kick off the season!

That was probably the best baseball game I've ever seen! Came back from a 4-0 deficit to win in 16 innings!

...in the longest Opening Day game in Major League history, no less. JP Arencibia has homered in his first game of the year in all 3 of his seasons.

Extra innings, a homer by Bautista, a crop of young players trying to prove themselves, and beautiful new duds. Baseball is back!

joeybats.jpg?w=620

love.giflove.giflove.gif

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The following events happened today AFTER the end of the 8th inning of the Jays-Indians game:

- 3-run comeback to tie it in the 9th

- A 45 year old shortstop coming off the bench to play left field and first base

- 5-man infield turning a game saving double play

- Almost a bench clearing brawl

- 3-run bomb 1 pitch after the batter messed up a sac bunt.

God, I love baseball.

Called the blown save by Valverde today. Glad to see guys like Jackson and Avila stepping up though. If that continues, they will easily win 100 games.

Great to see Valverde blow 8 incredible innings by Verlander.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Called the blown save by Valverde today. Glad to see guys like Jackson and Avila stepping up though. If that continues, they will easily win 100 games.

Great to see Valverde blow 8 incredible innings by Verlander.

Eh, a win is a win. Verlander will for sure be able to rack up the wins.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Simply stated, baseball is the greatest sport ever. Opening Day is the best sports day of the year. Night 162 last season was the greatest regular season day ever, in any sport. Anyone who disagrees should poke themselves in the eye with a #2 pencil.

Yeah, I guess I'm happy baseball is back. B)

BB52Big.jpg

So Cincinnati is the real deal when it comes to Opening Day. I'm a lifelong Reds fan, but yesterday was the first time I've ever been in the city for Game 1. The only thing I can think of to compare it to would be a major college football game. More than half the people outside the stadium don't have tickets to the game. The atmosphere is festive and alive, and people, including the drunk A-holes are really knowledgable about baseball. I have tickets to "Opening Night" and I look forward to more of the same.

I really like the pitcher that Johnny Cueto has become. I hope and predict that he has a big year.

The Marlins aren't in that much trouble yet. There's so many new faces, we should've known they'd be a little ricketty out of the gate. They'll figure it out. Also, their best look is the black hats, black jerseys, gray pants. It sort of ties in with how they used to dress while still showcasing the new colors. I really like it. Still not used to calling them Miami though.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Simply stated, baseball is the greatest sport ever. Opening Day is the best sports day of the year. Night 162 last season was the greatest regular season day ever, in any sport. Anyone who disagrees should poke themselves in the eye with a #2 pencil.

hmmm... it just so happens I still have a #2 pencil on my desk...

sIMAG0134.jpg

I saw, I came, I left.

sIMAG0134.jpg

My favourite type of pencil from when i was in school. Love those things.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

That Jays/Indians game....

Just wow. One of the best games I've seen in years. The new unis helped too ;)

Anyway, for better or worse, there's a lot of hope this year in Blue Jays nation due to the additional playoff spot. Whether or not the Jays actually play up to their potential this season remains to be seen, but that was one hell of a way to start things off.

sIMAG0134.jpg

My favourite type of pencil from when i was in school. Love those things.

I always liked oriole pencils, really good erasers

Archived