2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fairness, they are playing Minnesota.

That, and they were going to be aiming to murder their next opponent after the Saturday meltdown.

The Sox schedule is pretty okay coming up. Toughest part could be the four-game set against the White Sox starting Thursday, and the Orioles have been a thorn in the Sox side since September...

Still, I am confident for this team.

Unless they bring in Melancon.

spacer.png

Jason Bay can add to his 100+ games missed as a Met in a little over two years. 15 day DL for him after breaking his rib diving for a ball.

Currently the Mets have paid over $1 million per home run from Jason Bay.

Also Jair Jurrjens got sent down to the minors today even though he was an all-star last year. Man it sucks to be arbitration ineligible.

Jason Bay can add to his 100+ games missed as a Met in a little over two years. 15 day DL for him after breaking his rib diving for a ball.

Currently the Mets have paid over $1 million per home run from Jason Bay.

Also Jair Jurrjens got sent down to the minors today even though he was an all-star last year. Meanwhile Adam Dunn still has a major league job. Man it sucks to be arbitration eligible.

I loved Bay when he was a Red Sock, but I didn't bemoan his signing with New York. I took a look at the numbers, and figured that Bay wasn't worth the money that the Mets were going to pay him and it was a better choice by the Red Sox to let him walk than match or outbid them.

Also, so far this season, Adam Dunn as 14 RBI in 16 games. So...yeah.

Based on last year, he should be playing in an independent league somewhere. But, he hasn't been half-bad so far this year. So far.

spacer.png

Based on last year, he should be playing in an independent league somewhere. But, he hasn't been half-bad so far this year. So far.

Yeah he's been a little better this year which is why I removed that part of the post.

But he's still yet to play in a game where he hasn't struck out at least once this year and is on pace to strike out 263 times this year.

Yeah he's been a little better this year which is why I removed that part of the post.

But he's still yet to play in a game where he hasn't struck out at least once this year and is on pace to strike out 263 times this year.

Oh, he's an absolute K machine which makes him incredibly overrated (or at least he was incredibly overrated when he was with the Reds), but I honestly think 2011 was an aberration for him. I think his average will be between .235 and .260 (by no means very good, but better), with more homers and way more RBI.

spacer.png

Oh, he's an absolute K machine which makes him incredibly overrated (or at least he was incredibly overrated when he was with the Reds), but I honestly think 2011 was an aberration for him. I think his average will be between .235 and .260 (by no means very good, but better), with more homers and way more RBI.

I just don't know how Adam Dunn made it through the entire season without somebody on the team trying to kill him. Would have loved to see him on a Billy Martin managed team.

I used to think of Andruw Jones as being the ultimate "I got mine I'm done trying" player. That distinction now lies with Adam Dunn.

Cubs win the world series!

Oh wait, they just beat the Cards in April and are still 5 games out and suck ass. Somebody should tell the team.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Oh wait, they just beat the Cards in April and are still 5 games out and suck ass. Somebody should tell the team.

They got their first series win of the season and handed the Cardinals their first series loss with both games ending in a walk off hit. I'll let them be happy. This team still sucks, but they knew that going into the year so any positive sign is nice. Plus Marlon Byrd is off the team already which is great.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Hey, if they keep getting this umpire crew, who knows.

Really?

Cardinals fans shouldn't give 2 :censored: s about losing to the Cubs anymore. It's a waste of time. If ANY Cubs fan gets uppety about some meaningless win just point to your avatar. The fact that some Cards fans are pissy enough to chide umpires for a loss to the sad sack Cubs is perplexing. Who gives a rats ass?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

SWEET :censored:ING CAROLINE. SWEET :censored:ING CAROLINE. THEY PLAYED IT. THEY ACTUALLY PLAYED IT. I AM GOING TO GO PUKE. BRB CCSLC.

#takebackfenway #henryout #selltheteam

Tazawa's been pretty impressive though. Too bad he's been brought in about 3 innings too late. Worth noting though.

And also...no Fox I'd rather not watch Wally the Green :censored:ing monster take the streets of Manhattan.

:cursing:

Seriously? Henry out? He only saved Boston's historic ballpark with hundreds of millions of his own money and got the city two world series wins in a decade. Red Sox fans really have turned into a bunch of whinny spoiled brats if this is the prevailing feeling. I miss the old real Red Sox fans.

Don't we all. Their team has two World Series titles in the last ten years, the Red Sox have been competitive pretty much every season for a good while now, and people are complaining because the team might, repeat might, not be a serious contender this year? My guess is Mariners fans would take the recent Red Sox run in a heartbeat. So would Padres fans, Nats fans, Astros fans,...do I need to go on?

A-FREAKIN'-MEN!!!

This goes for 'red and bosrs1.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Really?

Cardinals fans shouldn't give 2 :censored: s about losing to the Cubs anymore. It's a waste of time. If ANY Cubs fan gets uppety about some meaningless win just point to your avatar. The fact that some Cards fans are pissy enough to chide umpires for a loss to the sad sack Cubs is perplexing. Who gives a rats ass?

They don't call themselves the best fans in baseball for nothing.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Really?

Hey guys.

The Cubs scored 3 runs by touching 10 bases. It's okay for us to be a little pissed that the umpires handed them the game. This wasn't like "the umps strike zone was inconsistent! blame the ump". This was literally 2 obvious safe/out calls, called incorrectly that decided the game.

But I don't care so much about the Cubs aspect of it. That's barely a rivalry anymore (we'll all keep pretending it is, though), they stink, and they know it wasn't a fair ballgame. I'm not even that upset it was a loss.

I'm just tired of waiting for Major League Baseball to grow up. Why are we not reviewing these plays and getting them called correctly? There's nothing whimsical or fun about deciding games with incorrect but fixable calls.

Really?

https://twitter.com/#!/BestFansStLouis

spacer.png

Really?

Hey guys.

The Cubs scored 3 runs by touching 10 bases. It's okay for us to be a little pissed that the umpires handed them the game. This wasn't like "the umps strike zone was inconsistent! blame the ump". This was literally 2 obvious safe/out calls, called incorrectly that decided the game.

But I don't care so much about the Cubs aspect of it. That's barely a rivalry anymore (we'll all keep pretending it is, though), they stink, and they know it wasn't a fair ballgame. I'm not even that upset it was a loss.

I'm just tired of waiting for Major League Baseball to grow up. Why are we not reviewing these plays and getting them called correctly? There's nothing whimsical or fun about deciding games with incorrect but fixable calls.

Official upstairs. All scoring plays reviewed, like football and hockey. Challenges or something used on safe/out calls during game. Fair/foul can be automatic or challengeable. Trapped balls, either/or as well. All plays reviewed either in 9th and extras or 7th or 8th inning on.

I don't care that we lost to the Cubs. It's April for pete's sake. I do care that we didn't actually lose to them. Because two of their three runs were directly affected by poor calls. And btw, the home plate umpire was terrible with the zone, against both teams. It's the umpires that are the subject of my comments, not the Cubs.

Really?

https://twitter.com/#!/BestFansStLouis

Hey a sports team has fans who act like idiots on Twitter. Oh noes.

Archived