2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

The Nationals have been laying the foundations for the past few years. Anyone who's surprised that they're competitive hasn't been paying attention. They've been a little lucky to start (they're 6-2 in 1-run games), so I expect them to slow down a little. But don't be surprised if they're in the wild card discussion come September.

I don't think there is any reason to think we won't be in the division conversation in late September.

90758391980.gif

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe. I'm trying to temper my excitement. 84-85 wins this year is my goal for the team. But they definitely have the ability to win 90+ if they can score more than 2 runs/game.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Odd quirk in the schedule has the Jays and Royals playing today at 1pm local time, and again tomorrow at 7pm local.

The Phillies and Cubs do the same thing a week from today ... Sunday day game, Monday night game.

The Mets & Giants were also scheduled to do that today and tomorrow, but today was rained out. They'll have a twi-night DH tomorrow instead.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Odd quirk in the schedule has the Jays and Royals playing today at 1pm local time, and again tomorrow at 7pm local.

The Phillies and Cubs do the same thing a week from today ... Sunday day game, Monday night game.

The Mets & Giants were also scheduled to do that today and tomorrow, but today was rained out. They'll have a twi-night DH tomorrow instead.

:cursing: Went all the way out there today stood outside the gates for an hour as ushers inside were mocking those who were waiting. Then heard someone say they heard on WFAN it was rained out. 20 mins later they finally announce it over the loudspeaker. Very angry, they knew the weather was bad they should have made the call early like the Red Sox did.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

:cursing: Went all the way out there today stood outside the gates for an hour as ushers inside were mocking those who were waiting. Then heard someone say they heard on WFAN it was rained out. 20 mins later they finally announce it over the loudspeaker. Very angry, they knew the weather was bad they should have made the call early like the Red Sox did.

Yeah that's pretty BS from the sounds it. Either let the fans in the building or call the game. Be interesting to see if WFAN gets on their case for it. My guess is the people working at the park were just being lazy and didn't want to open any of the concession stands up or do any clean up. But I've been to games where they opened up the park with the tarp still on the field and the game got rained out without a pitch being thrown.

And it wasn't like the rain was a shocker. They had been calling for heavy rain today since Wednesday.

What's so odd about that? It's called a wraparound series. They've been doing those ever since I've been following baseball. Including the Monday night game thing you mentioned.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

#takebackfenway #henryout #selltheteam

And to think we're a little more than one year removed from this:

red%20sox%20best%20team%20in%20baseball%202011.jpg

I especially love that Carl Crawford fled a World Series contender for this embarrassing ball club. They deserve each other.

Forget the Sox, I wanna know what happened in the frozen yogurt wars. Was anybody hurt?

Forget the yogurt wars. Turns out that you can fight City Hall. Who knew?

BB52Big.jpg

What's so odd about that? It's called a wraparound series. They've been doing those ever since I've been following baseball. Including the Monday night game thing you mentioned.

Yeah afternoon game on Sunday and night game on Monday? never heard of that before haha...

THIS JUST IN: Cliff Lee is the fcuking man!

Great performance but it may have cost him in the long run.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/baseball/other_mlb/view/20120422phillies_cliff_lee_goes_on_15-day_disabled_list/srvc=home&position=recent

The good news is that its not an arm injury so he should be able to bounce right back once he's healthy again. It just hurts to lose a pitcher like him with two big bats on the DL.

Ive never seen it before, and I worked for a MLB team for 3 seasons.

1zqy8ok.gif

SWEET :censored:ING CAROLINE. SWEET :censored:ING CAROLINE. THEY PLAYED IT. THEY ACTUALLY PLAYED IT. I AM GOING TO GO PUKE. BRB CCSLC.

Tazawa's been pretty impressive though. Too bad he's been brought in about 3 innings too late. Worth noting though.

And also...no Fox I'd rather not watch Wally the Green :censored:ing monster take the streets of Manhattan.

:cursing:

Seriously? Henry out? He only saved Boston's historic ballpark with hundreds of millions of his own money and got the city two world series wins in a decade. Red Sox fans really have turned into a bunch of whinny spoiled brats if this is the prevailing feeling. I miss the old real Red Sox fans.

Ive never seen it before, and I worked for a MLB team for 3 seasons.

Interesting that you've never seen it. I'm not looking to pile on here but it's really not all that uncommon.

BB52Big.jpg

SWEET :censored:ING CAROLINE. SWEET :censored:ING CAROLINE. THEY PLAYED IT. THEY ACTUALLY PLAYED IT. I AM GOING TO GO PUKE. BRB CCSLC.

Tazawa's been pretty impressive though. Too bad he's been brought in about 3 innings too late. Worth noting though.

And also...no Fox I'd rather not watch Wally the Green :censored:ing monster take the streets of Manhattan.

:cursing:

Seriously? Henry out? He only saved Boston's historic ballpark with hundreds of millions of his own money and got the city two world series wins in a decade. Red Sox fans really have turned into a bunch of whinny spoiled brats if this is the prevailing feeling. I miss the old real Red Sox fans.

Don't we all. Their team has two World Series titles in the last ten years, the Red Sox have been competitive pretty much every season for a good while now, and people are complaining because the team might, repeat might, not be a serious contender this year? My guess is Mariners fans would take the recent Red Sox run in a heartbeat. So would Padres fans, Nats fans, Astros fans,...do I need to go on?

BB52Big.jpg

Archived