2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The phenom Bryce Harper grounds out to the pitcher in his 1st AB. BUST!

/sarcasm

The kid clearly has talent but he just seems like such a raging douchebag.

Yup, but if hes as good as they say he is and as long as hes in a Nats uni, hes our douchebag. Until he goes to the Yankees.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Lady Red Sox fan apparently came to Yankee Stadium on Sweet Chin Music giveaway night:

(1:15 mark)

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Lady Red Sox fan apparently came to Yankee Stadium on Sweet Chin Music giveaway night:

An obviously intoxicated chick who just wanted to start stuff.

To be fair, I've worn my Red Sox shirt. In the bleachers. During a 16 inning game and I was treated like gold after the first couple of innings. Both Fenway and Yankee Stadium get bum raps concerning "don't wear that shirt or you'll get beat up". If you shut your mouth, respect where you are, and enjoy the game, people easily forget that you're on the oppositions side. A couple weeks after the Sox/Yanks game I went to, some of the bleacher creatures told my friend that I'm invited back anytime.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

During the at bat of Harper's first hit, NSFW.

ArnfQthCAAADYsA.jpg

Video: (Also NSFW)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if6s7JypELc
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

It should be noted that it isn't a good idea to intentionally remove your batting helmet while running, but hey, announcers will be announcers.

He wanted people to check out his cool haircut.

I would not be shocked if he's beaned on the first pitch or something tomorrow. Your only going to be able to pull that crap at the MLB level for so long.

As for Matt Kemp, pretty safe to say he's going to be the NL player of the month for April. Probably one easiest calls there's ever been in terms of player of the month races. He doesn't just have the NL triple crown, he has the MLB triple crown at this point in the season.

It should be noted that it isn't a good idea to intentionally remove your batting helmet while running.

Why? Is doing that some sort of callout to the other team? I watching him from the highlights, I just see a kid trying really hard to for Rizzo to keep him instead of sending him back down when Zim comes back. And who doesn't like that kind of hustle?

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

To be fair, I've worn my Red Sox shirt. In the bleachers. During a 16 inning game and I was treated like gold after the first couple of innings. Both Fenway and Yankee Stadium get bum raps concerning "don't wear that shirt or you'll get beat up". If you shut your mouth, respect where you are, and enjoy the game, people easily forget that you're on the oppositions side. A couple weeks after the Sox/Yanks game I went to, some of the bleacher creatures told my friend that I'm invited back anytime.

I think that is true anywhere but Philadelphia. The rule is this root for your team but don't be obnoxious about your team and you can survive going to the visiting ballpark without incident.

I have been at the Yankee Stadium Bleachers rooting for the Mets, and the only thing that happened some one joked I was the HR Apple for my orange shirt.

I have been to Jets games rooting for the Dolphins in Dolphins jerseys, and the only thing that happened is when I left with five minutes left they sung NA NA NA HEY HEY HEY.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I was impressed by how hard Harper ran on his first at bat (even if it was a weak grounder right back to the pitcher) and on his double. Most guys wouldn't bust down the line on that comebacker, most would barely get out of the box. I hope he sticks around the bigs when Zinmerman comes back

Yup, but if hes as good as they say he is and as long as hes in a Nats uni, hes our douchebag. Until he goes to the Yankees.

Not so fast... apparently, Boras loves the Nats, so I could see Harper staying in DC for the foreseeable future.

Well he grew up a Yankees fan, and he'll want to get paid one day, that leads one to assume he'll go to the Yankees. I hope Im wrong though. He's also 19 years old. He knows hes good, that will lead to cockiness that comes off as douchebaggery, but since hes so young he'll have time to mature. I agree with the above comment, I loved his hustle last night, and his gun on that ball that Ramos dropped was magnificent. He had a pretty good debut I'd say.

Matt Kemp may be very good, but Henry Rodriguez is oh so bad. Hurry back Storen.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Sometimes, being a douchebag is needed to succeed.

I find his cockiness refreshing right now. Furthermore, Washington is a rising team in a big-market, so I would wager a hefty sum they manage to keep him around. With the way many organizations are doing things now, reaching deals with players around year four or five of arbitration (especially with pitchers, or so it seems), I think a lot of the big deals of Yankees' past aren't going to be coming to them with such frequency anymore.

Which means that they need to find a way to develop their minor league talent to not totally flame out at the major league level. I still can't fathom how they screwed up Joba Chamberlain they way they have.

spacer.png

I'll echo these comments. There's nothing better than having a few Yankees fans in your section who you can playfully banter with throughout the game. There's a lot of mutual respect there most of the time.

Why is a picture of a mooner considered NSFW? It's not sexually explicit.

Because the government is controlling our brains!

Or because it's a guys naked ass, not something I'd like my students to walk by and see me looking at.

Archived