2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should be noted that it isn't a good idea to intentionally remove your batting helmet while running.

Why? Is doing that some sort of callout to the other team?

No, none of that at all. He's risking getting beaned in the head if there is a bad throw, or if he has to slide (not on this play, but if he removes his helmet on a different hit, you don't know) into a base, by willingly and stupidly removing his helmet. Obviously those within the Nationals organization should not want that.

Jays are on ESPN tonight. That's gotta be a first in quite sometime, helps they're playing the Rangers.

Yeah it's a rarity that's for sure.

I'm going to go to the game. Look forward to seeing Yu Darvish live. Hopefully Edwin can continue his power streak aswell.

1zqy8ok.gif

David Robertson is scary good. His 2011 season was off the charts for a reliever. This so far.. wow. After striking out the side tonight he now has 18 strike outs in 11 innings pitched with a 0.00 ERA and a 0.91 WHIP. Yankees may have found their replacement for Mariano Rivera.

Darvish was indeed impressive. I noticed a 95mph heater and also a change in the low 70s.

Drabek pitched well also. Too bad only Edwin can seen to produce any offense for the Jays. to be honest I'd like to have Arencibia sit a few games to give him a mental rest. also can someone tell me why Lind is still batting cleanup. Id much rather have, Bautista, Edwin and Lawrie batting 3 4 5. Maybe switch Rasmus and Lawrie to break up the string of righties. But it's clear to me something has to be done about this lineup.

1zqy8ok.gif

Angels leaving Anaheim?

The Angels might be thinking of moving to downtown LA. I don't see why they should; their current ballpark seems good enough, and it makes absolutely no sense as to why they would shut off the fairly big and affulent OC market.

Simply... :censored: NO.

Would the Sox move to the North Side? Would the A's/Raiders move to Candlestick or Daly City? Would the Mets/Islanders move to Manhattan or the Bronx?

The Angels have carved out an identity. They are not the team of Los Angeles proper, no matter how hard they try to be. They own Orange County and Riverside County with some mingle into the South Bay. Moreno can continue to place his mindset in Los Angeles, we've begrudgingly gotten over that. (The winning during that time helped.) But physically move the team there? :censored: off.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

It should be noted that it isn't a good idea to intentionally remove your batting helmet while running.

Why? Is doing that some sort of callout to the other team?

No, none of that at all. He's risking getting beaned in the head if there is a bad throw, or if he has to slide (not on this play, but if he removes his helmet on a different hit, you don't know) into a base, by willingly and stupidly removing his helmet. Obviously those within the Nationals organization should not want that.

Yeah, it's not disrespectful or anything, it's just not safe at all.

jNTsTyQ.png

Didn't they just renovate Angels Stadium?

Yup, around 1997 or so.

but haven't they been doing renovations hear and there in more recent years? Anyways the fact they got the All-Star game last year tells you how MLB feels about their facility

According to the article, the renovated stadium opened in 1997 and the Angels have an out clause to exercise in 2016, when the stadium turns 50. Otherwise, they will there through 2029. There is no way they don't opt out, whether or not they move to LA-proper.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived