2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mariano Rivera just got carted off the field in KC. Nix hit a fly ball and Mo was shagging balls at the warning track, fell, then was holding his left knee.

What business did Mo have playing catch in the outfield to begin with?

6uXNWAo.png

The Angels have finally made some sort of move to help the bullpen, by acquiring Ernesto Frieri from San Diego.

Frieri for Alexi Amarista and Donn Roach. Solid move by DiPoto. Amarista had a great spring (and a fun name to say), but he looked to be future platoon infielder. I hope he proves me wrong, but I never saw him as a realistic replacement for Kendrick or Aybar.

The Angels have finally made some sort of move to help the bullpen, by acquiring Ernesto Frieri from San Diego.

Frieri for Alexi Amarista and Donn Roach. Solid move by DiPoto. Amarista had a great spring (and a fun name to say), but he looked to be future platoon infielder. I hope he proves me wrong, but I never saw him as a realistic replacement for Kendrick or Aybar.

Amarista was just a poor man's Maicer. The sub-3 bullpen arm is what was really needed.

Let's see how the Halos Heaven Scioscia Pitching Decision Matrix changes now. (spoiler due to language)

Pitching-2012.jpg

VmWIn6B.png

Weird play in Washington, Harper grounder back to the mound, Kennedy committed a throwing error, Harper advanced to 2nd, but never touched 1st base. The DBacks appealed, Kennedy threw the ball over to 1st, and the inning ended

I totally respect Mariano Rivera and what he's achieved over his career -- but how silly is it for his career to possibly end because he shredded his ACL shagging pre-game fly balls? :wacko:

6uXNWAo.png

It's baseball. Weird things happen. Like Joel Zumaya hurting his arm so badly he needed to go on the DL... from playing Guitar Hero.

In other news, the Washington Nationals are completely incapable of winning games by more than 2 runs. Sooner or later the pitching staff is going to need some help from those bats.

It's baseball. Weird things happen. Like Joel Zumaya hurting his arm so badly he needed to go on the DL... from playing Guitar Hero.

Actually, I believe it came out that he made that up. He actually hurt it dirt biking or something like that. Kinda like how Jeff Kent fell and broke both wrists "washing his truck".

As for pitchers shagging fly balls, it is done everywhere. Mark Buehrle injured is foot doing it in spring training 2005. At first, it was thought to be a break, but luckily it was just an irritation and he was ready for opening day. If that was a break, the Sox would be going on 95 years without a championship. Realistically, pitchers are just running a little when fielding the BP balls. As long as debris isn't left on the field for them to trip over, it's probably no more of a risk than them running on a treadmill. :censored: happens sometimes.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived