2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watching Yankees Tigers, and Michael Kay is already saying Bryace Harper will be a Yankee when he becomes a Free Agent.

I honestly doubt this. If this guy lives up to the hype, IF, the Nats must break the bank for him. He and Strasburg are vital to the success there. Nationals management seems pretty in tune to that aspect of the operations, I'm fairly confident he remains a Washigton guy for years to come.

Just watching Yankees Tigers, and Michael Kay is already saying Bryace Harper will be a Yankee when he becomes a Free Agent.

I honestly doubt this. If this guy lives up to the hype, IF, the Nats must break the bank for him. He and Strasburg are vital to the success there. Nationals management seems pretty in tune to that aspect of the operations, I'm fairly confident he remains a Washigton guy for years to come.

We will see, Kay seems to think every All Star desires to be a Yankee.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Lady Red Sox fan apparently came to Yankee Stadium on Sweet Chin Music giveaway night:

(1:15 mark)

An obviously intoxicated chick who just wanted to start stuff.

To be fair, I've worn my Red Sox shirt. In the bleachers. During a 16 inning game and I was treated like gold after the first couple of innings. Both Fenway and Yankee Stadium get bum raps concerning "don't wear that shirt or you'll get beat up". If you shut your mouth, respect where you are, and enjoy the game, people easily forget that you're on the oppositions side. A couple weeks after the Sox/Yanks game I went to, some of the bleacher creatures told my friend that I'm invited back anytime.

I think that is true anywhere but Philadelphia. The rule is this root for your team but don't be obnoxious about your team and you can survive going to the visiting ballpark without incident.

I have been at the Yankee Stadium Bleachers rooting for the Mets, and the only thing that happened some one joked I was the HR Apple for my orange shirt.

I have been to Jets games rooting for the Dolphins in Dolphins jerseys, and the only thing that happened is when I left with five minutes left they sung NA NA NA HEY HEY HEY.

I've worn opposing gear in Philly on multiple occasions, for multiple sports. I was heckled when I wore a Jim Edmonds jersey (2 weeks after Rolen left for St. Louis), but other than that, I haven't ever had a problem. I'm not saying the reputation isn't warranted, based on prior instances, but not all Philly fans are obnoxious and rowdy.

Quite frankly, I like that they're passionate. I wear Angels' gear in Baltimore every year, and nobody even cares. They just pretty much surrender. They're annoyingly friendly.

Memo to Michael Kay and all Bronx Knobbers: Just because they're a perennial All-Star or Hall of Famer, doesn't mean they need to become a goddamn Yankee at some point in their career.

6uXNWAo.png

A cocky kid who is a Scott Boras client and has said the Yankees are his favorite team. Obviously that didn't stop Gerrit Cole from turning down the Yankees, but would anyone be surprised if he left for the Yankees? His ego may be too big for D.C. One thing the Nats have going for them is an owner with deep pockets who may not give him a chance to leave. Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing what this kid can do with the Nationals.

A cocky kid who is a Scott Boras client and has said the Yankees are his favorite team. Obviously that didn't stop Gerrit Cole from turning down the Yankees, but would anyone be surprised if he left for the Yankees? His ego may be too big for D.C. One thing the Nats have going for them is an owner with deep pockets who may not give him a chance to leave. Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing what this kid can do with the Nationals.

Nobody's ego is to big for D.C. :P

Anyways, I notice it was raining heavily in Miami. I could hear the rain hitting the roof during the telecast.

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

Nobody's ego is to big for D.C. :P

Anyways, I notice it was raining heavily in Miami. I could hear the rain hitting the roof during the telecast.

You stole my words

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Ervin Santana is 0-5... So much for that whole "Best Staff In Baseball" business. We got the every other year Santana.

I'm submitting my official application for panic button activation for the Angels. A quick approval by the board would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Ervin Santana is 0-5... So much for that whole "Best Staff In Baseball" business. We got the every other year Santana.

I'm submitting my official application for panic button activation for the Angels. A quick approval by the board would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

All that needs to happen is that I need to trade Santana from my fantasy baseball team. Everything will be fine if I do that.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Much like Harper, Brett Lawrie came to the Blue Jays as a young, energetic player with a huge ego and cocky attitude. Seeing as Lawrie's toned it down considerably and has become more confident than cocky, I see no reason why Harper won't do the same. Believe me, Lawrie seemed like no less of a douchebag:

45c94f745f9bc81e5401adc160faf1f6.jpg?stmp=1291857026

Lovely

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Ervin actually had a decent outing today. They just can't hit.

Lady Red Sox fan apparently came to Yankee Stadium on Sweet Chin Music giveaway night:

(1:15 mark)

An obviously intoxicated chick who just wanted to start stuff.

To be fair, I've worn my Red Sox shirt. In the bleachers. During a 16 inning game and I was treated like gold after the first couple of innings. Both Fenway and Yankee Stadium get bum raps concerning "don't wear that shirt or you'll get beat up". If you shut your mouth, respect where you are, and enjoy the game, people easily forget that you're on the oppositions side. A couple weeks after the Sox/Yanks game I went to, some of the bleacher creatures told my friend that I'm invited back anytime.

I started a "Road fan" thread a few years ago, wish I could find it. Lots of good stuff there.

I think that is true anywhere but Philadelphia. The rule is this root for your team but don't be obnoxious about your team and you can survive going to the visiting ballpark without incident.

I have been at the Yankee Stadium Bleachers rooting for the Mets, and the only thing that happened some one joked I was the HR Apple for my orange shirt.

I have been to Jets games rooting for the Dolphins in Dolphins jerseys, and the only thing that happened is when I left with five minutes left they sung NA NA NA HEY HEY HEY.

I've worn opposing gear in Philly on multiple occasions, for multiple sports. I was heckled when I wore a Jim Edmonds jersey (2 weeks after Rolen left for St. Louis), but other than that, I haven't ever had a problem. I'm not saying the reputation isn't warranted, based on prior instances, but not all Philly fans are obnoxious and rowdy.

Quite frankly, I like that they're passionate. I wear Angels' gear in Baltimore every year, and nobody even cares. They just pretty much surrender. They're annoyingly friendly.

newsig.jpg

OK... Seattle goes to Detroit and sweep the Tigers out of Comerica Park. Great... that's good news.

Then they lay what seems to be a royal egg in Toronto. Sometimes I wonder.

Archived