2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Tuomo Ruttu is worth over 4 mill a season? Jim Rutherford has to be one of the worst GM's to win a cup.

Absolutely. He would have been one of the hottest names come trade deadline time had Rutherford not pulled him off the market.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Sharks are apparently becoming a prime contender again for Rick Nash. Apparently the Sharks were one of the first teams Columbus' GM contacted and asked for Logan Couture - Haha.

So who would the Sharks need to give up to get Nash - Couture is not an option. I would hope Marleau isn't an option, but no one is really safe. I'm thinking Torrey Mitchell and maybe a 1st Round draft pick - do the Sharks even have a first round 2013 draft pick? what did they give TB for Dominic Moore?

I know some fans are calling for trading Niemi (especially after the tonight's game) and go with Greiss the rest of the way and Nitty or whoever else - I'm not opposed to this idea, but not sure it is really beneficial.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=6736

Yeah, good luck with that. Sorry, a fourth round pick who's averaging ~20 points in his first 4 years in the league and a late first isn't going to cut it to get Nash. At all.

Be prepared to give up Couture if you want Nash. The Jackets don't have to trade him.

Well, from what I've heard, Columbus initially tried to get Couture and DW said it a non-starter in terms of negotiations.

Never said it was a late first - I was thinking more of a first overall - which I'm fairly certain the Sharks don't have for 2013.

So if the Sharks have to give Logan Couture - Nash isn't going to the Sharks, but according to that video the Sharks are again thinking about Nash. So either DW is rethinking moving Logan or he has something else up his sleeve that Columbus is listening to.

Personally, I think it's bad idea to move Couture - he's the Sharks leading scorer this season. In addition, I really think Columbus should think about hanging onto Nash and build around him, but it's really up to Nash on we here wants to go with his no-move clause.

The Leafs lost last night on a shot that was going wide. Yep, Gus went out to the side of the net to stop it, it hit off of the inside of his pad, and trickled in.

Gustavsson4Vezina

Gustavsson played terrible last night. He let in a few week ones. The Leafs probably should have won that one.

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

The Sharks are apparently becoming a prime contender again for Rick Nash. Apparently the Sharks were one of the first teams Columbus' GM contacted and asked for Logan Couture - Haha.

So who would the Sharks need to give up to get Nash - Couture is not an option. I would hope Marleau isn't an option, but no one is really safe. I'm thinking Torrey Mitchell and maybe a 1st Round draft pick - do the Sharks even have a first round 2013 draft pick? what did they give TB for Dominic Moore?

I know some fans are calling for trading Niemi (especially after the tonight's game) and go with Greiss the rest of the way and Nitty or whoever else - I'm not opposed to this idea, but not sure it is really beneficial.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=6736

Yeah, good luck with that. Sorry, a fourth round pick who's averaging ~20 points in his first 4 years in the league and a late first isn't going to cut it to get Nash. At all.

Be prepared to give up Couture if you want Nash. The Jackets don't have to trade him.

Well, from what I've heard, Columbus initially tried to get Couture and DW said it a non-starter in terms of negotiations.

Never said it was a late first - I was thinking more of a first overall - which I'm fairly certain the Sharks don't have for 2013.

So if the Sharks have to give Logan Couture - Nash isn't going to the Sharks, but according to that video the Sharks are again thinking about Nash. So either DW is rethinking moving Logan or he has something else up his sleeve that Columbus is listening to.

Personally, I think it's bad idea to move Couture - he's the Sharks leading scorer this season. In addition, I really think Columbus should think about hanging onto Nash and build around him, but it's really up to Nash on we here wants to go with his no-move clause.

I don't think the Jackets are going to trade Nash. Honestly. The Sharks won't have anything other than a late first for a long time.

6fQjS3M.png

The SE division just continues to look better and better.

27-31, 29-33, 29-31, 27-32, 23-37

I mean, this is just fantastic stuff. This isn't beating in a dead horse - this is making a huge mockery of a division that has only gotten worse as the season has progressed.

I dunno, I think the fact that EVERY SINGLE EASTERN CONFERENCE TEAM IS IN THE PLAYOFF RACE is more hilarious

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Tuomo Ruttu is worth over 4 mill a season? Jim Rutherford has to be one of the worst GM's to win a cup.

Absolutely. He would have been one of the hottest names come trade deadline time had Rutherford not pulled him off the market.

Ruttu is a bordeine 2nd liner on a cup contending team. Never had more than 60 points and has had injuries trouble before. I would not give an above average 3rd liner 4.75 mill. The Canucks are currently paying Kesler 5 mill a season and he is a much better player than Jarkos brother. If I was Rutherford I would of taken the 1st round pick and prospect Ruttu could of fetched.

Ruttu is a bordeine 2nd liner on a cup contending team. Never had more than 60 points and has had injuries trouble before. I would not give an above average 3rd liner 4.75 mill. The Canucks are currently paying Kesler 5 mill a season and he is a much better player than Jarkos brother. If I was Rutherford I would of taken the 1st round pick and prospect Ruttu could of fetched.

First, that's a steal for Kesler, so using him as your measuring stick isn't practical. If he hit the open market right now he would get nearly double that. Second, you are focusing too much on results and not enough on potential. He's entering the prime of his career. Plus, he's a big guy with some skill, and those forwards don't grow on trees. Like you said, he's put up close to 60 points two of the last three years. And that was playing with whom on Carolina's second line? Imagine if he actually played with some players that were semi-competent... Third, he was already making over 4 million this year anyway, so it was a basic contract extension.

Bottom line is this: there are much worse contracts out there.

Do I want to go to the Kings/Blackhawks game on Saturday?

That may be Toews return game, so....at your own peril I guess. Blackhawks are trending upward, but you never know. Could be a good game.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Nah, I'm going regardless. The last four games have been :censored:shows though. :|

I hope Bernier starts (he should have started tonight, tail end of a back to back AND Quick gave up 4 last night), and that the Kings win IN REGULATION.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Holy crap.

The Bruins are leading. They look like they got their chemistry back.

Awesome.

I wouldn't jump the gun yet, there's still a lot of work to be done here. Without Horton and Pevs for awhile this team is going to scrape along offensively, a la 2008-2010. I still believe if they're healthy and with an added offensive piece this is the best team in the east. Could they go into Detroit and win 4 games in a final? MAYBE. It's a terrifying thought.

I think Rask is such an overrated goalie and would love to see him moved for an offensive weapon. I just can't see a scenario where Rask and Thomas are on this team next year. It fiscally makes no sense, sure there's like $16 million to play with, but tying we'll say $10 million up on two goaltenders isn't a good idea. Sure Thomas is old, but ride that wave. That said, I don't want Nash. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player, but I don't like the thought of bringing in a guy who was the face of a franchise for so long this late in the season. The Bruins have great chemistry, because they really aren't THAT great, so it's going to be hard to find a guy to plug in there. Chiarelli has had a good pulse of this team for years, so I trust his move making. However, if I wake up the day after the deadline and we add another top 4 defenseman I'm going to bash my head against the wall. For whatever reason he's almost incapable of not picking one up at the deadline.

Holy crap.

The Bruins are leading. They look like they got their chemistry back.

Awesome.

I wouldn't jump the gun yet, there's still a lot of work to be done here. Without Horton and Pevs for awhile this team is going to scrape along offensively, a la 2008-2010. I still believe if they're healthy and with an added offensive piece this is the best team in the east. Could they go into Detroit and win 4 games in a final? MAYBE. It's a terrifying thought.

I think Rask is such an overrated goalie and would love to see him moved for an offensive weapon. I just can't see a scenario where Rask and Thomas are on this team next year. It fiscally makes no sense, sure there's like $16 million to play with, but tying we'll say $10 million up on two goaltenders isn't a good idea. Sure Thomas is old, but ride that wave. That said, I don't want Nash. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player, but I don't like the thought of bringing in a guy who was the face of a franchise for so long this late in the season. The Bruins have great chemistry, because they really aren't THAT great, so it's going to be hard to find a guy to plug in there. Chiarelli has had a good pulse of this team for years, so I trust his move making. However, if I wake up the day after the deadline and we add another top 4 defenseman I'm going to bash my head against the wall. For whatever reason he's almost incapable of not picking one up at the deadline.

The Bruins WILL NOT trade Tuukka, not with Tim Tom in the twilight of his career.

I also think that adding another defensive piece to make up for the craptasticness that is Joe Corvo is what they currently want to do, unless Pev and Horty are out for a really, really long time.

spacer.png

Archived