2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

If they prematurely cut off hockey for golf one more time, we're gonna have to start calling them Leafs TV.

I hereby nominate for Post of the Day. And I live in Ontario.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike "Doc" Emrick is the Gold Standard, to compare anyone to him is unfair. There is nobody in American Hockey announcing that has ever come close to the abilities of Doc.

Emrick annoys the crap out of me. He sounds like a macaw. CRAWWWWSBY A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE AND OHHHHHHHHHH IT-WENT-OFF-OF-THE-BACK-OF-THE-NET ~BRAWWWWWK~

His affected, mangled syntactical pretzels annoy me too. "He already has three points in this game" will turn into "points already in this game, he has three," or "the Flyers are fifth in the league at killing penalties" into "the Flyers, at killing penalties, in the league, they are fifth." You're not smarter than the average broadcaster because you can subvert and contort basic s-v-o orthodoxy, you're just giving yourself (and the viewer) more unnecessary information to process during a fast and busy game where you need to be locked in on what's happening, sometimes at the expense of rhetorical flourishes. It's this crap, on top of the meandering fluff like "hockey was invented in the 18th century by the Micmac Indians of Nova Scotia. The shootout was invented in 2005. Who will innovate a victory today?" that allows him to be caught off-guard at his actual job of relaying information, so you hear all that nonsense until suddenly you hear "....SCOOOORRES!"

yoda.jpg

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

If they prematurely cut off hockey for golf one more time, we're gonna have to start calling them Leafs TV.

postofday.png

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Datsyuk with arguably the pass/shot of the year, flipping the puck over the net from behind. Too bad it didn't go in. The Cats are marching toward another OT game in the Motor City.

Update: The Panthers get bonus point #17 in the shootout loss.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

For those who missed it...

Notice at about the 10 second mark, Laviolette grabs one of his guys' sticks and breaks it on the partition.

It's gonna be war in the next 5-8 games against these guys.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Guess who lost in the shootout again...

What you like to think of as 17 losses, we prefer to think of as 8.5 wins. PANTHER MATH.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Florida loses #42 on the season, clinching a losing record.

But not before procuring yet ANOTHER loser point in the shootout, giving them a three point edge over Washington with three to play! You can't make this stuff up.

(Btw, Laviolette broke Talbot's stick above. It's was hilarious seeing Pierre caught in the crossfire of Lavy's venom towards the Pittsburgh coaching staff.)

spacer.png

14th place Long Island's goal scoring (tied at 2.367 per game) + a hair worse than 10th place Colorado's goal prevention (2.588, 2.608) = 3rd place Florida team. PANTHER MATH.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

For those who missed it...

Notice at about the 10 second mark, Laviolette grabs one of his guys' sticks and breaks it on the partition.

It's gonna be war in the next 5-8 games against these guys.

When you get coaches screaming at each other, then you know that it's a classic fight.

spacer.png

Whoever made that Coyote-Troll face hybrid from a few pages back, could they please do one for the Panthers?

It would be so appropriate right now.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Isles win. Mother :censored: . Sens clinch and we drop a spot in the draft order (though, with their D and depth at C, they're no threat to take Grigs/Galeychuk or however you spell it). However, that also would knock us out of the lottery. We're still tied in points (they're only ahead because of head-to-head), but still.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Scott Hartnell. The greatest character in hockey.

hartnell.gif

Laviolette was pissed that Bylsma put his 4th line out there down 3 goals when they hadn't played for 12 minutes, and called him "gutless".

oh and Crosby can STFU

"I?m sure (Laviolette) doesn?t like to see one of their top players getting hit. Maybe he shouldn?t have put him out there."

Archived