NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

Yes, because the difference for your team is absolutely crazy between the black ice and regular black jerseys.

Mind=blown.

Yeah, because being able to see the logo and striping pattern and numbers aren't important.

Seriously, I thought they were crappy knockoffs at first but then I saw a few more and looked them up, turns out they either just got black ice jerseys or people bandwagoners just started to buy them.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna add that Stamkos graphic as my sig, just to piss everyone off... :grin:

Has anyone mentioned patches next year? Sorry if I missed it...

I'm guessing Tampa (20 years, which is odd, as Ottawa and Tampa should have the same patches no matter what, with a season missed), Columbus (ASG), and...?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Icethetics has released it's 2012-13 jersey watch. So far it's just rumours but the Chris has always been pretty close in the past so they deserve to be looked at.

Buffalo Sabres: New Alternate

The Sabres current alternate is only being worn for 8 games which lends further credence to Chris' source. He seems to think it will be a primarily black jersey with a design similar to the black ice series. Personally I think this would be a huge mistake on the Sabres part. The current alternate jersey is one of the best in the league and the Sabres do not need to jump on the BFBS wagon.

>>>

I hope they leave the Sabres current 3rd jersey alone!

6096124.jpg

6095214.jpg

Unless .... they bring back the Buffalo's Bisons AHL uniforms from the 60s, which would be a major hit

bisonsjersey2.jpg

Me too. I'm not even a fan of the Sabres original identity but that alternate looked positively brilliant. The script worked so much better than the non-contrasting circular logo and this is coming from someone who hates scripts

It's too late. The 3rds are being retired next year. No black alt either, just the home and road.

Yup this is true. If they just took the current shade of blue from their 3rd jersey, and applied it to their home and away set, all would be worked out

• 2 weeks later...

flyers_40422.jpg

Are the Flyers sleeve numbers actually a different colour?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

flyers_40422.jpg

Could it be the black outline throwing it off? If not, it's the material - either way, it's unintentional.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

flyers_40422.jpg

Could it be the black outline throwing it off? If not, it's the material - either way, it's unintentional.

I'm pretty sure it's just the way the material reflects the light - the numbers are shiney tackle-twill while the unforms are whatever lightweight knit mesh Reebok is using for the jerseys these days.

Apparently, the Leafs have already registered a centennial logo, even though the centennial season isn't until 2017.

Yay! More of that Canada's team nonsense.

:rolleyes:

157.gif

rolleyes.gif

Hmmm... I don't know about that Bubba.

If a Toronto team had the CN tower with a maple leaf next to it as its logo, I probably wouldn't even think twice about it.

However, I think you'll find that the Canadian flag crossed with a very simliar Toronto Maple Leafs flag (complete with the words LEAF NATION in a roundel, no less) may raise a few eyebrows from other Canadian NHL cities & their respective fanbases.

thecatch.jpg

Fair enough, however, "Leafs Nation" is used to describe the Leafs' fanbase, so I believe they were referring to the teams' fans, not Canada being the Leafs' country.

Regarding the actual design, I think it's OK, but they could've done a lot better. I don't like the crossed flags - not necessarily because of the whole "Canada's team" thing, but because it's just unnecessary.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Fair enough, however, "Leafs Nation" is used to describe the Leafs' fanbase, so I believe they were referring to the teams' fans, not Canada being the Leafs' country.

As men who obviously both watch a ton of hockey, I think we can agree that it has been used to describe both of these notions by the TML PR department over the years.

thecatch.jpg

I guess it just made me think of this regrettable tune:

From the Isle of Vancouver

To the Labrador Sea

One nation, glorious and free

Where I'm free to be me.

From the song of the Prairies

To the call of the pond

Heroes of times come and gone

Where the memories go on and on and on

Oh! Oh! Oh! This is Canada's song

Oh! Oh! Oh! Where my heart belongs

Free to be a dreamer

Free to be who you are

Free to believe in your star

Free to go far

Oh! Oh! Oh! That's Canada's dream (Go Leafs Go)

Oh! Oh! Oh! This is Canada's team (Go Leafs Go)

thecatch.jpg

Archived