Actual Information about Nike in 2012

DeFrank

I noticed that when it came out on Nikes FB along with how much grey KC's had in it and Black Indy's had.

Indy has black because they wanted to keep their recent tradition of having black cleats. It was a compromise.

I figured as much or something along that line.

So speaking of that, is the requirement that NFL teams wear either black or white cleats now dead?

No. Black-or-white shoe rule still exists.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indications are just for the Pro Bowl. Game cleats need to be either predominantly black or white, based on the team's choice.

In that case, they shouldn't have bothered making versions for the Bills, Titans, or Rams.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I love how they're telling people to wait until Nike jerseys arrive before making a purchase. Unbiased journalism at its best.

i wouldnt expect anything less from PFT

It's called the Rumor Mill for a reason. He doesn't claim to be a journalist.

Or has it's been joked about before 'We don't start rumors, we just pass them along'

It's where I sit.

Indications are just for the Pro Bowl. Game cleats need to be either predominantly black or white, based on the team's choice.

In that case, they shouldn't have bothered making versions for the Bills, Titans, or Rams.

Nike doesn't know who was going to be repped at the Pro Bowl. It was their job to come up with shoes designs for all 32 teams for the occasion.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Nike doesn't know who was going to be repped at the Pro Bowl. It was their job to come up with shoes designs for all 32 teams for the occasion.

Thats_the_joke.jpg

• 1 month later...

Kinda dumb to have "12th man" inside a player's jersey, since that player is either one of the 11 on the field or one of the other 53, and not the "12"th. Of course the entire "12th man" thing is ridiculous anyway, so there's that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Kinda dumb to have "12th man" inside a player's jersey, since that player is either one of the 11 on the field or one of the other 53, and not the "12"th. Of course the entire "12th man" thing is ridiculous anyway, so there's that.

Agreed. Its always annoying when a given fan base (Cleveland, Buffalo, Green Bay, in this case Seattle) pulls out the "we're special and if you're not from here you just wouldn't understand" card. EVERY fan base has great fans, bad fans, obnoxious fans, bandwagon fans, and so on.

Every single fan base in the NFL has as much right to claim to be a "12th man" as Seattle's IMHO.

So I'm sure this has hit somewhere here, but I couldn't find it or figure out a better place for it. The NFL cleats for next year:

nike-vapor-talon-elite-nfl-colorways.jpg

The graphic mentions the Pro Bowl. Are we sure these are truly for "next year" or were just designed for the Pro Bowl?

I love adding shoe colors to the uniform because it just adds to the whole look. I really like the Browns shoes and they will look great with their away uniforms.

spacer.png

So I'm sure this has hit somewhere here, but I couldn't find it or figure out a better place for it. The NFL cleats for next year:

The graphic mentions the Pro Bowl. Are we sure these are truly for "next year" or were just designed for the Pro Bowl?

I love adding shoe colors to the uniform because it just adds to the whole look. I really like the Browns shoes and they will look great with their away uniforms.

A lot of them are nice but Minnesota's cleats are absolutely horrid. Something about that design just doesn't work.

Tf9TG.jpg

A lot of them are nice but Minnesota's cleats are absolutely horrid. Something about that design just doesn't work.

I have to agree with you on that. There is too much purple and not enough yellow.

spacer.png

Agreed. Its always annoying when a given fan base (Cleveland, Buffalo, Green Bay, in this case Seattle) pulls out the "we're special and if you're not from here you just wouldn't understand" card. EVERY fan base has great fans, bad fans, obnoxious fans, bandwagon fans, and so on.

Every single fan base in the NFL has as much right to claim to be a "12th man" as Seattle's IMHO.

Spoken like a fan of a team who's fans just dont matter or arent special. *lol* Cleveland, Buffalo, Green Bay and Seattle are all very special fan bases. I would throw Kansas City and maybe a couple others in that same vein. If you arent from one of those places or cant recognize that, than you arent paying attention or you are just bitter that your own fan base sucks.

Thank you! As someone who was born and raised in Seattle, I cannot stand the pedestal we put ourselves on. Are we a passionate fan base? Sure. Is our stadium loud? You bet. Do we show up even when the team sucks? Not so much. We have a good fan base when we are winning, but all those bleak years in the 1990s and early 2000s, I would say the 12th man was sleeping on the job. IMO there are much more passionate fan bases, with history and tradition that we lack. I feel like the whole 12th man thing is kinda like rewarding a dog with a treat. Who's a good fan?! You are! It is as if they have to trick us into being passionate because they pretend we are such a great fan base. Just my two cents

SEAsig.png

Cleveland, [is a] very special fan bases.

In that you continually support utter crap on the field? Yeah, that's "special" all right.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Spoken like a fan of a team who's fans just dont matter or arent special. *lol* Cleveland, Buffalo, Green Bay and Seattle are all very special fan bases. I would throw Kansas City and maybe a couple others in that same vein. If you arent from one of those places or cant recognize that, than you arent paying attention or you are just bitter that your own fan base sucks.

See? This is perfect! An absolute perfect example of why the rest of the country thinks (some) Cleveland fans are so annoying. I didn't day you weren't good fans. I didn't say you didn't have quite a few great fans. I didn't say you weren't supportive (hell, passionate) about your teams. What I said was other fan bases are too. That's it... that's all I said... and that set you off like you've been insulted! Hilarious! To you, being told that other fans are every bit as loyal and supportive of their teams as you are SOUNDS LIKE A PUT DOWN! Come on, you don't see how that attitude seems at least a little arrogant?

By the way...

CLEVEJACK!!!!

Archived